2014-07-27 06:59:14

I got a message when I got to the sight saying the domain expired. did you mistype the address?

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2014-07-27 13:41:40

Hi.
No he didn't type the name wrong. The site is just down.
I don't know weather it will be back up again or not.

It's a shame since it's a good site.

I'm gone for real :)

2014-07-27 14:50:41

Hi,

@Grryfindor
There is the AddOn in the bt sync folder if you need the code, just find it on a topic called NVDA addon dropbox folder.
Socheat.

2014-07-27 17:44:19

@Blademan 2014-05-06 01:15:05

"@gellman yes, it does expose your IP. but then again, every time you visit a site, it exposes your IP address."

What I meant was that exposing your IP address while engaging in unauthorized downloading or uploading of copyrighted material may be risky business unless you tunnel trafick through a vpn.

Not all vpns are created equal; some are good while others are not so good for your privacy.

m

2014-07-27 18:14:13

@kool_turk

yes this is the downside to BTSync, and I frankly dont find the concept ground breaking.

Before BTSync there was Emule, Edonkey, DirectConnect and FolderShare.

All of these except FolderShare supported swarm downloading of files.

And with a bittorrent program, you can  create a torrent  and mail the magnet link to your friends.

Syncing is only interesting if every downloader ought to have write access to the folder, something that is not the reason for file sharing.

For file sharing, there are several better alternatives.

I dont like to expose my IP address and implicitly my location when downloading from strangers over BTSync.

So for me there is either BTSync with vpn, or online cloud sharing with my social circle.

m

2014-07-27 22:06:48

Hi, the link for bt sync keys have expired. wow.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2014-07-27 22:32:10

I think the real advantage of BTSync folders is that unlike other P2P systems there is no real distinction between private and public benefit swarms. People have bandwidth--not as much as they should, but more than before--and can largely afford to transit folder data and keep the swarm alive without investing much more time into it than they normally would to use a cloud storage service. Show me someone who isn't habitually cancelling their unused BitTorrent transfers. Yes, it's still not as nice as paying for robust hosting, but it's a whole lot better than needing it at all just to keep folders from becoming completely unusable the moment someone gives up on it. This is why well-moderated public BTSync folders have so much potential.

Just myself, as usual.

2014-10-16 11:54:31

Hi.
Damn... The site doesn't exist anymore.
I just upgrading to the latest version. Then downgraded, only to find the site posted in the first post isn't working anymore.

That's a shame... Oh well, the only folders I wanted was the hp stuff anyway. Still it's a shame.

2014-10-16 14:34:36

http://www.btsynckeys.com
smile

This is not a signature.

2014-10-16 14:57:14

Hi.
thanks it works.
I don't understand the difference between that site and the one on the first page. Oh well, thanks again.

2014-10-20 08:43:14

Someone was talking about getting other fanfictions besides the Harry Potter ones.
I don't know how that could be done, but I would personally love to see a BT Sync folder of Animorphs fanfics. I wonder if anyone would be willing to take on that project?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.