2014-07-22 05:27:15

Hi All,

i don't typically frequent the off-topic room here, but thought I should pass the word around about a project a friend and I have been working on for a while.

If you go to http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/201 … available/ you can find a fully described version of a web comic called Broodhollow. I recommend reading it if you like horror, or just good stories in any genre. It's all about the misadventures of a young man named Wadsworth Zane, as he goes to the odd little town of Broodhollow to claim his inheritance.

I can't take credit for the descriptions themselves. Those are the work of my dear friend Liana, but now they're available I can pass the link around. Start at book one, Curious Little Thing, and enjoy.

Yours,
Zack..

2014-07-22 15:52:55

Hi.
how do you play the files?
I click on chapter then chapter one but nothing happens?

I'm gone for real :)

2014-07-22 17:27:53

@Brad, the descriptions are I believe in text  and you read them with hescreen reader, however I must be very dense sins I cant find them.
I clicked on chapters, and where it sad "book 1" but here didn't seem tobe any tex though I believe there were he images of he commic, and he link hat says "text descriptions now available" just leads to the blog post where the author (or commic artist or whatever you call them), says that the text descriptions are available, but other  than  suggesting they be put on the wiki doesn't actually say where they are.

@Zac, Sorry if I am  being very dense here.
I'm not usually one for stuff I need to read with synth (I'd much rather have a human voice), but I'm interested enough to at least have a look at these being that commics are something I've not had any access to before.

It'd be nice if this caught on, puppet nightmares and KoL both have their own web commics, I'd especially like to see the puppet nightmares one done, but one thing at a time.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-07-22 19:36:55

Hi All,

Sorry for the confusion. The author's post could have been clearer. The link to the actual Wiki category with descriptions is http://atlantica.chainsawsuit.com/index … scriptions

I hope this helps. The pages are definitely meant to be read with a screen reader.

The direct link to the contents of Book one, Curious Little Thing, is http://atlantica.chainsawsuit.com/index … ttle_Thing

Enjoy,
Zack.

2014-07-22 23:10:46

Hi.
well I looked at this a bit.
For those having issues  navigating.
there is a link that says all books are in full text.
click that.
click the book title.
click the chapter after the bullet now hit control home
then h then its going to appear.
To be honest I  don't read comics, but from what I saw of it it looks like what an audio described movie would look like.
For those making it work all you would need is the character voices a narrator to read the descriptions, the script is online.
if this ever became an audio drama I'd get it.

2014-07-23 02:21:08

Well, it's perfectly readable without being an audio drama. I'd like one as well, but it would need talent and well-done sound effects, which i don't