2007-12-19 16:00:49

with the season of piece and nicety well and truly overwhelming us, what better time for a hole set of lovely free new games to torment and challenge you. though of course, if there is ever a bad time to be tormented and challenged by freshly evolving gameage I haven't heard of it.

First off, is a game by roland Ossman, a newcomer on the developing front, covering an old game with more accessibility options than you can shake an inserted metaphorical shaking impliment at.

Universal Tick tack toe is a computerized version of the old three in a row game where you take turns placing tocans on a three by three grid, in order to get a line of three vertically, diagonally or horizontally. In fact while some people will recognize the name tick tack toe, I've always thought of the game as naughts and crosses, which is either a Uk thing, a regional thing or a me being generally insane thing (most likely).

Anyway, Mr. Ossman's game doesn't use naughts and crosses, but the emblems of Brazillian football teams instead, and may be played using just sound, inbuilt speech, or a number of high contrast options. With control options ranging from one switch to mouse to fully customizable keyboardery, this really is a universally accessible game, ----- though as there is no sucker stick control, we should probably expect an angry E-mail from the Dalek empire quite soon! If you are not a dalek however, and would like to try out Universal tick tack toe, here be Linkage to Mr. Ossman's site

next up, is smugglers 3, a new discovery from Mr. Zackery Cline of the Audeasy list. Smugglers 3 is a Scifi text adventure type stratogy game, similar to the old dosssy classic, Trade wars. you play the captain of a starship, traiding, looting, and ---- possibly even smuggling your way to wealth and power, conniving your path up the ranks of your faction, and generally doing everything you can to dominate the galaxy. though not created as a specifically accessible game, apparently use of the window eyes curser (or similar) can get around the in game menues, and all appropriate info is presented as text. With an ongoing story, and numerous different routes through, this sounds like a game which will keep everyone nice and busy, because as we all know, ruling the galaxy is a full time job. The game is priced at 19 dollars, but there is a free demo available, and a ten day money back guarantee as well. To begin your experimentations with Smugglers 3, pilot your ship in  this hyperspacial gateway for the smuggler's 3 site

Finally, prepare for the ultimate challenge! A time long awaited approaches, a test of the ancient arts you have mastered. All have gone through long and arduous hours of training, some even extreme training. All have saught for the thousand marks of perfection, all have honed their skills. all can twist, spin, push, pull and ---- er ---- bop? in the flash of a second. No mercy or quarter will be asked or given in the ultimate test of ---- mmmm ---- boppit!

Yes, the illuminating lads of lighttech have done it again, with their first multiplayer online challenge game, a wrendition of the hand held, rythm action machine which many of us know and love. If not, then it's an easy art to learn, simply hit the appropriate switch as directed by the vocal or rythm clues, but don't expect to be treated gently if you miss out (and I'm just talking about playing against the computer, never mind what your opponent has to say). As with the famously hand held game we have choice of vox or beat bop modes, with rythmic or vocal cues for you to follow, and also as with the hand held game we have solo or one on one mode, though thanks to those internet things which i've heard so much about, you no longer need the physical presence of an opponent to bop into submission, an Ip address and connection will do.

but then, the Light tech crew have added their own unique twist in trick bop mode, a challenge even for boppit professionals which will have you tugging at your nose (or somebody else's), in everlasting frustration! Of course, here upon the lighttech site is where you may begin the obtaining of this game.

Happy gaming, ---- unless your a dalek, in which case may you be so mysserable you never want to exterminate anybody ever again!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-12-25 03:50:42

um.what's a dalek?

"Actually, they're just super-advanced holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching a children's cardgame."

2007-12-25 14:48:53

Daleks are an evil race of cyborg killing machines, and are some of the major enemies of Doctor who. sinse the new series of doctor who have been exported everywhere including the states and australia, I thought I could get away with a couple of Dalek jokes, appologies for being obscure.

You can read up all about daleks on this artical from good old Wikipedia http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/en

oncemore, sorry about the random humer, I just liked the idea of Dalek accessible games (sinse the Daleks are robotic and use only a single sucker stick to hold things).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-12-26 19:24:13

Does anyone think that there will be an update on Bop it Ultimate?  Just thought I would throw that out.  Also how do you make a host name for your computer?

2007-12-27 06:34:45

lol dark! what about the borg? :smile: o btw, know it's the wrong place, but since we're on doctor who, someone made a doctor who story in inform. i forget the name though. if interested do a search on the if archive/games/zcode for for doctor who, or brain. sorry.

"Actually, they're just super-advanced holograms created for the sole purpose of enriching a children's cardgame."

2008-01-01 04:59:21

update on that doctor who story: go to this directory on your local ifarchive if interested. ifarchive/games/zcode then look for a file called karn.z5. enjoy!