2014-07-17 09:58:04 (edited by Kenzon Yeoh 2014-07-17 10:13:18)

Hello,
I don't know where to post this but: it seems that i can't access audiogames forum and the database easily now. When i search using search engines and click the link that's supposed to bring me here, it said "this page can't be displayed" for IE11, "problem loading page" for firefox, and "oops! Google chrome cannot find forum.audiogames.net" for chrome. Is anyone experiencing this? Or is it my computer that gave me problems? Thanks!
EDIT: i noticed that there was a /index.php behind the address for the forum. If i didn't type in index.php behind the address forum.audiogames.net/, can i still  get to this forum?
Best regards,
Kenzon

Team rocket's blasting off again!

2014-07-17 10:36:03

Well I just went to google typed "audiogames.net forum into the search box, it was the first entry and here I am, so goodness knows what this problem your having is, either it was a temporary forum glitch which is not happening now or it's something at your end. I personally just have the forum saved in my favourites in ie, though as I said finding through google also works.

Regarding the addresss, well "index.php" refers to the specific index page, ie, the page with the topic list on it (the page you get to when you click the "index link).

I did just try the address http://forum.audiogames.net with no qualifyers and it also worked.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-07-17 10:57:24

Hmm, it seemed to be a temporary forum glitch - sometimes i could get here no problem, sometimes i get those messages and still can get here, sometimes i didn't get here even after getting the message... Oh well, guess i should go and ask an IT pro or something. Thanks anyways.

2014-07-17 13:22:26

I'm not sure but this problem is probably linked to your computer or your Internet Service Provider. Maybe some kind of firewall is interfering, maybe some DNS server have trouble translating the URL. If the problem doesn't get too annoying, it's probably better to wait and check if it disappears after a while.

2014-07-17 14:24:19

Hmm, you're probably right. This doesn't seem to appear before my recent system reformat and stuff. I probably have to resetup my firewall or something. Anyways, thanks and i definitely will try to set those firewalls up asap.

2014-07-17 21:53:48

Strange.

Perhaps you should also check some stuff at your end sinse usually if the forum is acting glitchy many people experience it at once, rather than it being specific to one user.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-07-19 05:49:45

There is never happen to me. I typed in the google search and it works fine. I typed "audiogames.net forums". it sound's fine to me.

2014-07-22 09:01:30

Hi.
I just go to:
forum.audiogames.net
which always works for me.
However, a while ago, I had some weird issues where I got some errors while trying to access the forum. I don't remember what the errors said, and i never found out what tricked this issue because it got solved again automatically.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen