2014-07-14 05:21:17

First of all, let me do a brief introduction. Hello people, my name is Nac.
I am a computer programmer and computer games aficionado.

A few hours ago I downloaded Entombed (demo), and playing with the menu I muted the game. I am not entirely sure what I changed, but the game is no longer producing voice audio. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game, but the problem persists. Even deleting the computer's registry and temporal data didn't work.

Would you be so kind to tell me which keystrokes I should press to access the options, and what should I press then?

Thank you very much.

2014-07-14 16:13:11

I'll tell you, however the topic isn't in its right place. It should be in the general games discussion.
If you have muted only the sounds, and not SAPI, press escape from within the game, and choose change preferences. You can control the background and sound's volume from there, but for another time, this part of the forum is only for discussing games produced by audiogames.net, and Entombed isn't from that type.

2014-07-15 22:36:42 (edited by Nac 2014-07-15 23:15:35)

I am sorry, I saw another topic here talking about Entombed on this section and just assumed Entombed was part of Audiogames.

Anyways, I do have audio from Emtombed, I can hear the background music and sound of my keystrokes. What I can no longer hear is the text-to-speech. I think I may have muted it or changed it into some invalid option (like jaws).

Do you have any idea on how to solve this? Thank you beforehand.

2014-07-16 01:27:28

While I do know that a keystroke exists of some sort, it escapes me at this moment in time, since usually what I do is delete the preferences file when something is no longer working the way I want it to.  You're looking for a file called EntombedPreferences.dat, usually located in whatever yoru user documents folder happens to be, saved games/entombed/entombed saves/all players/EntombedPreferences.dat.

Once yoo delete this file you will have to reconfigure your preferences to whatever best suits your needs, but that should clear up any irritations.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2014-07-16 02:49:22

Thank you very much Nocturne, that worked like a charm.  *smile*

You can lock this now. Sorry for creating it on the wrong forums subsection.

2014-07-16 12:08:54

Yeah you can delete it anyway or wait for the moderators to move it to the right section.

2014-07-16 13:35:48

Nac: Welcome to this awesome forum! big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-07-17 05:07:13 (edited by Socheat 2014-07-17 09:24:37)

Welcome aboard!