2007-12-11 03:09:42

People who listen to music while they're sleeping,
especially at times when they shouldn't be asleep but are too tired to stay awake

I usually like something calming .
inform me the best songs can take a relax . thanks

2007-12-18 00:55:21

ya, a little wierd there pal, but never the less
I like clasic rock but I probably would listen to jazz before bed you know?

Connor

2007-12-18 05:51:10

I like to listen the music, but not while sleeping i like to listen the music, while working and while playing games on the computer.

2007-12-18 11:40:44

This is not spam Ryan, sinse it is posted in the Ot Room, where discussion of anything within reason is permitted, including people's music preferences, and there are no possibly dodgy links here. Also remember that not everyone on this forum speaks english as a first language, and grammar in an unfamiliar language can be a real pest.

but I'll cease the wagging of my finger now and actually get onto the question.

I have no set music preferences for night time, in fact given the way I usually listen to music, trying to use it as a sleeping aide would be a bad idea (I usually read instead).

If I am determinedly not going to sleep though, Ie I wake up at some random time (as I did at 4-30 this morning), I'll do the same stuff I normally do which includes occasionally listening to music, as it would in the middle of the day or at any other time (I've eeven been known to work at five in the morning, on the basis that I won't feel like working later in the time I usually work if I am tired).

So for general music preferences, I like a hole range of things, from film and game music, to progressive rock, to weerd contemporary stuff, to semi folk, semi jazz, to orchestral stuff from the romantic or moddern periods, or occasionally baroque. yes, I have eclectic tastes in music!

I also rather like musicals and light opera though cannot stand grand opera, though often that's also tied up with finding things that are interesting for me to sing as well (and singing is one thing I would not do at random hours of the morning, to save my neighbors).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-12-18 13:20:19

i use to listen to books most of the time, but some mystical sounding music is good. i love piano music, but it have to be slow. i like clasikal music and other kinds of slower mmusic. i don't like hip hop, hard rock or to fast music.  i like the old rock. that's what i use to sleep to, but it's not often i sleep to music. i grew up with stories at night, and i can't stop, so now i listen to books at night.

I live to crochet!

2007-12-18 16:18:44

Agreed about the books Sabrina, I actually find I cannot sleep unless I've read for half an hour, either audio or braille (though more often audio).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-12-25 22:05:49

I usually listen to heavy metal, hard rock, sometimes punk (not Green Day), folk, electronic music and so on.

2007-12-27 18:54:15

hmm, I would never probably listen to music in the hopes of falling asleep but I do like a bit of reggae also, so I don't know maybe reggae, but books are a better alturnative

Connor