2007-12-11 11:25:34

Hi.

Where can I find or purchase audiodescribed movies? I have a few audio described movies from booksurve, but I want more. Is it possable to get audio described movies in full 5.1 or 7.1 surround? That would be awesome. I like to hear Lort of the rings audio described in full surround sound instead of sterio.
I really like audio described movies. They are awesome! Now, I don't need to have my sighted friends to tell me what's going on.
If some of you can help me I'll be happy.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-12-11 21:14:27

Sadly here in the UK I know the only place I've found some is from the RNIB, but they have very limited choice and probably can't ship to other countries because of copyright (not sure on this). I don't know if they have more available to rent.

I know some DVDs now are shipping with audio description on the DVD though, sadly not many and most companies seem to prefer extras almost noone watches. I know Pirates of the Caribbean 2 here in region 2 in the UK had it, and I believe Superman Returns had too.

Hope you can find something.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-12-17 18:01:24

Hi,
Add me to skype:
or email-
[email protected]
and I have a link for you.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-12-18 00:40:26

you couldn't have just put the link here?
come on, but anyway, I did watch the mighty ducks against my will at this camp and it was audio described

Connor

2007-12-20 00:17:11

I thought Mighty Ducks was a great movie...I own that, along with a bunch of other movies with descriptions

While DVS is great, they only release their movies on VHS, and I think I read on Wikipedia that standard releases on VHS stopped in November 2006.  I don't see why they can't just put everything they have on DVD with the descriptions added.

Maybe I'm wierd, but half the reason I watch DVD's is for those extras...I find the documentaries very interesting, particularly the ones on the Back to the Future Trilogy.

I have only seen two described movies on DVD.  the 2000 version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Daredevil.  The latter was described by a different company and I didn't thhink it was as good, but hey competition is good.  They like to go on about how they employ alot of blind people.  With the former though, *everything* about the DVD was accessible, including all the extras, which made me enjoy the DVD more.  I wasn't a big fan of either movie, though.

Most of the DVD's with a description track contain just that, the description track.  You'll have to figure out your own way to turn the description on, as the menus aren't accessible.  They have a list of DVd's with descriptions somewhere on their site:

www.wgbh.org/dvs

Most of the DVD's are PBS documentaries though, but I want to see some of them sometime since a few do sound interesting.

HTH
Brian

2007-12-23 00:12:05

hmm, your right

Connor