2014-06-24 20:43:28

Hi guys, I'm working on a big game project in bgt, but I need help. I am looking for a second programmer to help me as I create the game. I am looking for a person who:
*Knows about general game programming concepts and practices such as level generation, game balancing, etc
*knows about and has experience working with BGT
*communicates ideas effectively

If you want to help, send me a PM and let me know that you have done so, as I don't generally check out my pm's unless asked.
Note: I cannot tell people about the game I am creating; all I will say is that it will be cool. But I need a second programmer to bring it to fruition. Thanks.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-06-24 23:16:10

Keywasfull wrote:

*communicates ideas effectively

Ah, well, I suppose that disqualifies me, then.

I'm hoping this pans out; if it's big enough to require multiple programmers, there's definitely potential, and goodness knows we need some of that.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2014-06-26 16:27:50

If you need help, I'm glad to help you. I've developed some test games in BGT, and they are successful. So I think I can call me a BGT user.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2014-06-26 16:40:30 (edited by Jason SW 2014-06-26 16:42:08)

Hello,

I would be glad to help out however I can. Let me know if you're interested.
As you probably know, I've developed a few games of my own, in VB6, and a few in BGT, including the remake of the original VB6 version of Giftanum.
I also have quite a bit of other development experience.

2014-06-26 16:59:24

Thanks guys. I'll get back to either of you if I need more help. I did find another developer to help me out, so I'll have to see how it works out.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-06-27 00:33:11

You could bring on everyone. Have an all-star cast! IIRC that contributed substantially to the hype when Chrono Trigger was first released. And everyone loves hype! So long as there's follow-through.

(On that note, I need to go beat my copy of Firefox into submission.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2014-06-27 07:12:20

totally! more the merrier!

2014-06-27 07:19:18

Hi,
Count me in as well.
Jason, where's your giftanum remake? or your other bgt games?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2014-06-27 17:59:41

hi,
I guess you can count me in as well. I might not be the best at communicating ideas, I admit, but I can code in BGT just fine. Both Town of Peril, which just got a major update, and the tanks game were made in bgt.

A fight we cannot lose.
An enemy we cannot defeat.
A destiny we cannot escape.
Follow me on twitter @guilevi2000

2014-07-01 16:35:32

Hi Oriol,

My Giftanum remake is at:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1472111/Giftanum.zip
I also wrote an example game for the bgt site called 23 Bricks.
I've also put quite a lot of work into a completely object oriented sidescrolling engine, though I haven't worked on it in a few months. I have a small demo of the engine working, but I haven't released anything  to the public yet.

2014-07-01 19:55:04

Interesting, let me know when you release it

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.