2007-12-08 23:58:48

dear gamers,

lighttech Interactive is proud to anounce the release of Bop It Ultimate ; our first ever multi player game!

not just simply another lame remake:
Play against the computer on 2 different game themes including a classic version of Bop It, and an insane Trick Bop theme invented by us,
and the best part: connect to another gamer from anywhere across the globe and have a raging Bop It competition while the rhythm gets faster and faster!

Features Include:
. Online one on one gameplay against a partner!
. 16 cool rhythms to unlock as you play!
. Play the game on 3 themes: Bop, Trick Bop, and 1on1.
. two different game modes: BeatBop, and VoxBop.
. Hidden Ping - pong bonus game!
. 3 voice settings to choose from.
. the ability to send your score to the Lighttech Interactive score server
go to:
http://www.lighttechinteractive.com
to grab a copy!

happy gaming!

2007-12-09 18:27:23

hi,
I can't seem to post my score. when ever i spin it after i finished my game, nothing happens. or i hear nothing.

2007-12-09 22:18:03

wait for the background ambience. also can you give us more hints on entering the bonus game, like, does it involve any of the bop it keys (fuctions), how many pooints you need, etc, because i'm finding it really hard trying to find it.

2007-12-09 22:59:05

Hello,
In order to send your score, you must have 50 correct answers. This was made to stop abusing, e.g. posting 1 point, etc.
About the bonus game, i believe there are some hints in the manual.
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2007-12-10 08:54:41 (edited by arjan 2007-12-10 08:56:13)

ah... well, about the bonus game, you should be a bit tired after a while, so much that your breath is getting PUSHED all around.
edit: and i am extremely bad. and bull it and flip it come from the same side? so do spin it or twist it both work or does it just have to be your lucky day?

2007-12-10 09:07:04

Congrats for finding out the trick for the bonus, grin.
The six action keys are facing each other, so if the computer gives you a ball from bop it, you should push it, if he spins, you should flip, etc.
hth
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2007-12-10 09:23:17

but push it and bop it are both in the middle. so how are we supposed to do this?
also suggestion for the next version.
a pass it mode where there are 3 r more players. in the end it'll be a one on one because there'll be only two players left and the others can watch the game. so when there are 5 players and one loses, there are still 4 other players that compete against each other.

2007-12-10 20:47:00

Hi,
This ame is cool. How ever, I think I have found a bug or something. For example, I am playing the game. I here the voice say spin it. I hit enter, but nothing happens. This has happened quite alot. What is the problem?
Thanks.

2007-12-11 03:56:14

yeah they are both in the middle bop and push
and would someone please say how?
I'm getting borred

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2007-12-11 09:35:36

Hello,
They're both in the middle, indeed, but they're facing each other.
If the ball comes from push, bop  it and vice versa.
hth

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2007-12-11 16:56:19

but how do we know if it comes from push or from bop? do we hear a sound or something?
And dd, if your bored, then try to experiment around with it yourself. It's what i do. don't just expect to have people tell you everything. look at the hints very closely and find it out yourself, for once.

2007-12-11 22:18:17

Robjoy, not everyone has got a set of nice surround sound speakers, and some of us use headphones to play this. You can't just expect everyone to know where the sound is coing from. you guys should put a beeping indication or something to indicate that the sound's comin' from bop it or push it, twist or spin, pull or flip. This way everyone will be able to play, don't you think?

best reg,
Oriiol

2007-12-11 23:16:37

I just tried the game, and would like to say great job! I know how difficult multi-player is to program. Everything is pretty much positive, but I do think the game would be better, if there was a version meant for headphones or bad speakers. Overall, this is a terrific game from Lighttech. I highly recommend it.

Thank You

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-12-12 13:21:08

Well, if you don't know where a sound comes from, i'm sorry, maybe the game is not for you.
Most modern desktop and laptop computers come with a surround soundcard, and it's true since around 2000. If you don't have a surround soundcard, or playing the game with headphones, it's not a problem.
Sorry, but we can't support every single computer with every single hardware, because it's impossible.
You could also say to make a version for non-multi-channel soundcards, which can play only one sound at a time. Indeed, but the older hardware we support, the worse quality you'll get.
So, the question is: would you like to have beeps or other things which'd make the game unrealistic, also have bad or non-surround speaker support with crap quality, or you want a game which if a sighted friend of yours listens to will say, wow. It sounds awesome, pity that it has no graphics.
From time to time we get lots of suggestions for a learn game sounds menu, here and there, which would help discovering things. It's true. But don't you think it's time to make games which rely on your hearing and on your reflexes, instead of having a list of things telling you what to do when you hear this, and that. Time to experiment, and for the lazy guys and gaals, time to make some efforts to have some achievements.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2007-12-12 13:40:55

hi ryan and all,

thank you very much for all these wonderful comments, we really appriciate it!

oriol, neather me, nor robert got a nice and shining set of homecinema 5 speaker surround system, well actualy I have  1, but it has only 3 speakers and it's certenly not shining! *grins*
anyway. we both use microsoft headphones to test games, and find their more than capable.
onnestly guys. the "return of the beep"again? I really feel I should  wright an article entitled"blind cats and their beep dippendency sindrom" some day.
best regards and happy beeping.
Yakir

2007-12-12 15:10:24

Hi.
I didn't mean to sound rude when I said that not everyone has got surround speakers. How can you recognize where the sound is coming from, if you are using headphones? I do have a surround soundcard, but I don't see how normal speakers can tell you if the sound is coming from in front or behind you. I'm sorry if I was a bit rude.

I do need to say that your game rocks, it's one of our best creations, congrats guys.

2007-12-12 21:09:22

what everyone means here is:
both bop it and push it come from the centre. the way i get around it is press both keys, they don't sound any different. can't you make it come from in front and behind, like the other sounds?

2007-12-13 08:50:18

hmm. i always lose the bonus, dunno why.

2007-12-13 09:11:11

They are different, push it has a higher position than bop it, so if you hear a ball from push it, you should  hear it coming from above.
With non-3d soundcards it's possible to hear a little bit of difference when a sound comes from behind or not, but of course the best experience is with a full 3d sound card.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2007-12-13 12:50:23

I can't wait to try the game, but it's most annoying sinse my keyboard has died, and I'm using a distinctly inferior one I borrowed from a friend (which his work provided him with), it's absolutely tiny, having no number pad (it's actually smaller than my laptop keyboard), but most annoyingly, it only has one control key! Grrrrrrr!

Oh well, I'm going home on Monday and will be on my laptop which certainly does have both ctrl keys, so I'll try it then.

this keyboard also has an irritating habbit of dropping H's unless I remember to hit the H key extra hard, which makes writing posts and such a real pest! Oh well, it'll all be fixed next week.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-12-15 05:25:23

Hmm. Really, if it's ok with Robjoy, I suppose I could post how to get into the bonus level, but figure it out, people...

s
p
o
i
l
e
r

s
p
a
c
e

Think the opposite of bopping, and the opposite of pulling...

If it's ok, as I said, with the other LightTech staff then I'll post a direct spoiler, but otherwise, nope!

If you really are determined though, check the archives on Audyssey...

2007-12-15 12:14:00

veeeery great game guys!, good job!
and hmm, i must write something:
First, your every game is really very good, great quality of sounds, great gameplay,  and great ideas for your games!
second, Freeware?, yes, its free, and when we connect this two facts, we have great masterpiece.
Guys! great! more great games!

and if someone want play with me, please write here, and I contact with him/her.
best regarts
seal

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2007-12-20 09:27:03

well, I'm on position 2 again, but what the? 572 points is the highest score? i need to get good at the bonus game somehow. i can catch balls, but no more then 3 or 4. but i stil made it to level 19 which is the highest so far. i like those bongos in level 19, in fect all the beats are really good. but there are a couple of levels where it's really difficult to hear the twist its because they are soft and seem to not go very well with lots of high hats.

2007-12-21 04:05:56

Lol, my max scoere is 157.