2014-06-24 09:58:58

Hi everyone,
I've decided to open this topic in order to discus about agame which I'm playing for 4 years, and this game is called popmundo.
What this popmundo could be?? Some of you may ask.
Popmundo is a musical themed game, in which you must become a star. You can have  concerts, personalise them with songs and events, compose songs, and everything you  must do in order to become a celebrity.
But what makes this game really fantastic is not the music part..... The best part is that the music is not the only thing you can do....
This game simulates the real life, so you can have a job, doing different quest, celebrating different holidays, cooking, fishing, hanging out with your friends....
I have to mention that your friends are real players, and you can interract with them, and have nice activities together.
Everything you want to  do in the game, requires different skills which you gain by buying books, or learning them from someone or in the university.
Also, if you wanna do something (for example cooking or fishing), you must buy the required items from the shop.
The game is very complex, and you must be patient if you're a  beginner.
The developers always add new things, so you can't get bored of it.
Personally, I really love it, and the fact that it simulates the real life in a very nice way, are the reasons that I'm playing  it for 4 years.

The game can be found at:
http://www.popmundo.com

So, if you've decided to play this and have any questions regarding the game, don't hezitate to ask here, this topic was created for that.
Happy gaming!

2014-06-24 11:27:26

Thanks for the report on the game Stephan. I will admit I've known about this one for a while myself, it's been on the very good games to play online page which can be Found here on the whitestick.co.uk site and Che martin of Blind adrenalin was always a big fan of the game though to be honest I was never sure what exactly you did in it.

Your description makes it sound a little like torn city in terms of simulating a modern life with getting a job etc, plus learning from a university though obviously with a very different subject matter as compared to Torn's crime theme.

I'm not sure it's my personal thing, though it probably needs a db entry at some point, so I will likely check it out at one stage even if just for testing purposes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-06-24 11:34:52

Yes, but it is much different than torn cirty. I've played this crime game, and I can make the difference.
Popmundo is more complex than this. You must move from a place to another, travel to other city by plane, car or tourbuss and so on.
You can give it a try, making an account on their web-site it's very easy.

2014-06-24 11:35:16

Wow, this does really sounds interesting. However, I don't have the time to play such a complex game to simulate the real life. smile But sounds cool that the game is that accessible.
How does the music part works? So it have a fully accessible music composer?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-06-24 12:08:57 (edited by mike-tan 2014-06-24 12:09:38)

does this game have sound pack? or just a text base browser game???

2014-06-24 14:12:47

It's a browser game as Stephan said originally and therefore I'd be highly surprised if it had sounds, your thinking of muds.

To be honest though I don't agree with your "just" comment. While the alteraeon soundpack is awsome, it does somewhat spoil people, and I can think of several fantastic games on browsers which are pure text, core exiles, puppet nightmares, Kingdom of loathing etc.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-06-24 17:14:38

Well most of the web games I've seen that attempt sounds usually also have nasty flash controls or the like, though I've seen a couple such as Monbre's game over music (even if that one was pinched from Secret of Mana), :d.

Funnily enough however I agree with you on the hermiting, if not the alcohol. I personally am not really the most social player and would actually prefer single player rpgs or stratogy games to multiplayer ones. Not to say I won't drop a healing spell on someone if I walk past in Alter, but really I find fighting monsters and the environment much more interesting than chatting to other players or attempting rp as part of a community.

I also suspect life simulation wouldn't suit me either, but it is something I might try if I have time.

2014-06-24 18:05:40

Well, the game still continue while you don't play it.
Le't have look on the character focus.
The focus is what the caracter does while you are not online. It receves updates, well I don't know how often, but you get 2 or 3 updates per day.
On focus you have 2 categories, spare time focus and career focus.
On  spare time focus, you can choose to go for a walk, party all night long, hanging out with your friends.
On the career focus you have options like  improve skill, compose music, go to university and so on. If you have some skills learned, you may unlock other career activities.
And everything what happens with your character, it appears in the character diary.
And your focus has a big influence on your caracter.
For example if you choose party all night long from the spare time focus, your mood and your quality star will increase a bit, but your health will go down.
Also, your career focus could give you some money, improve the skills that you learn, or gaining natural resources.
As I've said before,  in this game it depends on what you like to do.....
Sorry for my english, it's possible to have some mistakes during this post.

2014-06-25 09:18:28

hi,
I played it too, some time ago, I had few songs already(10-11)?, but never understood, how to release them to public, make an album, or something similar. and much more. but yes, it is a good game.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2014-06-25 10:02:52

Well, the best way to release your songs is to have some concerts, and then you can create an album. Before making the album, your songs must be recorded in a studio first.
I've abandoned the musical career a year ago, and now I like enjoying the freedom on beeaches and so on... lol!

2014-06-27 11:08:36

wait-wait. but the game is about music. isn't that boring, to not do the music? how your character can develop? oh, studios, and labels. never knew how to find one, and release my stuff through it.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2014-06-27 17:39:39

The music is the main part, but it doesn't mean that is the only one....
You can have a job as a fireman, or you can work in police.
You can make recipes, discover new things and so on....

2014-06-28 08:20:42

Hi.
Interesting game. I'm curious how do I sign up for classes in here?
Also either my parents kicked me out or they don't have a house... or something... i'm always at my last location, which was where I performed my first show.
How do I also navigate home?
Thanks for feedback!

2014-06-28 11:20:42

Well, to move from a location to another, you should go to city page, and find there the option called locales.
There you should have 2 comboboxes. One with the list of locales types available in the city, and a locale with the zone.
Choose from this list what type of locale would you like to find, then press the search button.
After you do that, you'll have a table with the available places that you searched, and an option to move to this place.
To sign up to a class, you must be in an university, and choose a course from the list.
If you want to buy an apartment, you should go to the reale state agency. An apartment costs 700$

2014-07-02 14:25:24

Ok, fine! This is the realy accessible game for the blind, that drag and drop in setlist doesn't work. This game is unaccessible for the blind.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2014-07-02 15:58:10

The drag and drop works fine. To be honest, you don't have to use it because you can choose the simpliffied interface from the setlist menu.
And BTW, at the interface settims you have  a check box called screen reader mode or something similar. If you activate it, the health bar, and all other elements in the game will be read properly.
I play this game for 4 years, and I never found accesibility issues.
The main problem was the reading of health and mood bar, when they switched from popmundo 1.0 to 2.0. But this problem was solved very quickly, and the developers were very interested to solve these minor issues.

2014-07-02 19:08:58

Ah thanks, I try It.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2014-07-03 00:24:21 (edited by Omar Alvarado 2014-07-03 00:40:33)

Ok, ignore my previous question. But now I'm truly stumped.
I want to buy more sheet music but don't know where to get any from.

2014-07-03 10:17:27

Sheet music? I don't understand very well what do you want.....
The only things that you can buy for music are the books with different skills, and the musical instruments.

2014-07-03 14:54:33

hi

i tried this game 2 years ago and didn't like it taht much at that time. i have created a new character and i like it right now. don't know how this could be. but i like the game.

smile

i am practicing the basic skill to play a guitar. i have collected the first star and i am half way toward teh second one. i am practicing the second one on a university in amsterdam.

i'll play around with this game for much longer i think.

thanks for brining this under my attention again.

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2014-07-03 16:44:07

Music.
More music to play on stage. Where can I buy it?

2014-07-03 19:39:43

hi omar,

before you can play music on stage you first should practice the basic skills for a instrument. i can't define the english names. but you can buy such a book in the general store. then you should use it from your items page so you'll read it. than you should get a notification in your diaryy. you can set your focus to practice skills and wait the updates.
you'll need a requirement of stars before you can practice a instrument like the elecic guitar. you can buy these in a music store. and the book for the electric guitar ou also can buy in a general tore.
you should also practice the skills for the instrument. and after that you can try to compose some songs. you also can pracctice this skill by buying the book composing for beginners. i guess you know right now where you can buy books. to practice the composing skills to make your songs even better.
when you have some songs under your belt you can put them in a program or something like taht at the band page.
and after that you can plan shows.

at least this is my strategy.

hth

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2014-07-05 14:54:03

Yeah, Pelanthas is right.
You need to have some skills learned to compose good songs. And the songs should be composed, not purcased.
Also, for concerts you need some skills  to make them better.
Try to follow the guides, these explains very well what you should do.

2014-07-09 00:13:08

Hey...
Back when I first started I noticed my character had a house or lived somewhere... I think I lived with my parents... Or something...
How can I make it back to this location?

2014-07-09 08:37:01

Hi,
Unfortunately  it changed a bit. You have to buy the house by yourself now. You have to go to the reale state agency ant rent an apartment.
If you don't have eneough money just tell me the name of your caracter and I will send you some.