2014-06-19 18:20:04

No this doesn't mean either locking developers in a dank and smelly little cell until they finish working on your favourite game, or developers hiding in some heavily fortified bunker equipped with machine guns, anti tank mines and a mote full of hungry crocodiles to keep rabid fans away until their work is finished.

Actually it's the new room on our forum, the development room for, ---- well developers to discuss development and all those developy things that developers do while developing their developitisations!

Share code examples and maybe some early alphas for debuggery, ask technical questions about the various tools, programming languages and engines available.

Of course if it is a game idea or a more general question, or indeed a newly playable beta release ready for the public it belongs in either general game discussion or new releases respectively.

Have fun with the new room!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-06-19 20:41:03

Hi,
I can see this becoming useful. smile
At last someone thinks of us poor developers! All those hours we put into your new games, and what do we get! Nothing! Nothing, I say!
Well actually, we get a warm fuzzy feeling for knowing people download our games, but still!

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2014-06-19 21:00:30

good idea Dark!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2014-06-19 22:37:07

Dark, thanks for this. I have thought for a long time that all the development topics should go somewhere other than in general or off topic.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2014-06-20 04:52:55

Well, can be usefull for the devs but don't know still, why we haven't really IMPORTANT news regarding new games, upcoming games, crofd funding campaigns etc. Seriously noone is caring about it?

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2014-06-20 05:51:25

Well for me I've been slightly  unavailable and haven't tried several of the new games, however bare in mind there are several news posters, I don't know where they've been.

I also can't take all the credit for the development room idea either sinse it was a suggestion in the site feedback  room.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-06-20 11:08:13 (edited by nyanchan 2014-06-20 11:08:51)

Hi dark.
I've really been wanting the developers room. Thank you for your job. For me, posting topics about development on the general game discussion was a little confusing.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2014-06-20 13:20:26

Your welcome Yukio, really we should have added this earlier on sinse there has been so much on game development.

2014-06-20 13:37:07

I'm just caring about gaming community and that's it, no offence or something like that! Sadly,  I haven't permssion to add news.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2014-06-21 15:18:19

Good to have that. because general game discussion is for discuss of game... once again, it is good to have.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2014-06-22 21:45:32

Well, Seal, since you are not a known developer yet and the room is not meant to be used for discussion by gamers, your caring or not caring is not very relevant.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2014-06-23 20:58:07

lukas wrote:

Well, Seal, since you are not a known developer yet and the room is not meant to be used for discussion by gamers, your caring or not caring is not very relevant.

I think they were responding to the sixth message, in which Dark wrote:

Well for me I've been slightly  unavailable and haven't tried several of the new games, however bare in mind there are several news posters, I don't know where they've been.

2014-08-02 13:31:30

Is that a spam? I think. But this guy is registered from February, so why did he remember to spam now?

2014-08-03 17:48:03

Definitely looks like spam to me.

Often spambots work on word triggers, and it's possible this one didn't get the post with the needed word until this topic, but hay, doesn't matter either way.