2014-06-15 00:55:17

Hello everyone.
So I want to try to write an NVDA Add-on for voice changing. Basically, I want to have the user specifiy what voices they want to use for Headings, links, and list items. At least I can use that for a start. I was reading the NVDA development guide and it looks good and all. Plus I spent time looking at the NVDA log with NVDA+F1 command. So my question is: "Is it possible to do all this?" Its kind of like what Jaws would do with the speech and sounds manager.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2014-06-15 16:36:36

If it could be done, that be neat!
Actualy, if ya remember IBM Home Page Reader, they were the 1st to to do something like that.
It was cool!

2014-06-19 11:16:17

This would be sweet if this would work out. I remember homepage reader. ahhahahha

2014-06-19 11:27:55 (edited by audioracer 2014-06-19 11:30:10)

Yeah. So tell me what you think we should have this voice ailiouses settup. And should we call it voice catigories or something? Let me know. One think I thaught about is a quote voice. So if you read something that is in quotes with th Nuance Vocalizer synthesizer or any other synthesizer, it would raise the pitch of the voice for you a bit and lower it back to normal outside the quotes. This would be better for normal reading. For programming, you would want all punctuation.
My only thing is, I don't know exactly know where to start by getting the handles for the voices dialog and if any other types of preferences should be added. And perhapse, another setting in the synth ring for voice categories.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.