2014-06-16 16:38:22

hi. I just stumbled into this. it's a blind friendly race game for ios. and the best thing is that the game is free. enjoy. here is a detailed description. http://www.applevis.com/apps/ios/games/blindfold-racer

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2014-06-16 18:31:33

the game is quite fun, beat the first 10 levels, will play the next ten levels tomorrow.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2014-06-16 20:07:08

does any one knows how to beat lvl 11? it seems there Is a trick I didn't get. and how do you speed your car? I think there is no specification about that.. or it's possible that I've missed that part. big_smile

Stephen King

2014-06-16 21:57:18

yeah I tryed it, it's good, but why the car haven't a car sound? it's just a music, but anyway, it's a good to play.
note: you can unlock all the levels in the game settings.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2014-06-16 23:44:46

Hi all,

it really is a funny game. But I'm angry that the game crashes on LVL 22. Here, you have to pick up three instruments. If I try to pick up the drum, it suddenly exits.

And youcan switch between the different musics every round or choose car sounds but I chose the musics. The engines are boring and it simply sounds likea standing car which has its engine started.

Thanks for helping!
Janagirl!

2014-06-17 08:19:18

and how do you switch the sounds? and can you tell me how to control my speed?? thanks.

Stephen King

2014-06-17 13:57:56

hi, I think the game is bugged. after Level 15, I can't turn or maby the curves are just too sharp? I don't know, ither way I keep crashing into the fence.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2014-06-17 14:16:49

Hi nin,

of course I can tell you. To switch the sounds, you have to tap in the upper right to open the settings menu. Then you have to switch on the upper left and then turn on voiceover, this setting needs voiceover. It will be announced, too. And then there is a point choose which sounds are used or so. Double-tap and choose car engines and double-tap again. Then look for the back button which is located at the left side. Then turn off voiceover again.

And to control your speed, that's possible in higher levels. I actually don't know in which level you are but the speed is controlled by your both thumbs. To speed up, you have to tap once in the bottom right, to speed down with your left thumb on the bottom left.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for helping!
Janagirl!

2014-06-17 14:19:08

thanks very much.. it helps a lot..

Stephen King

2014-06-17 14:46:50

I'm happy that I could help you. Nice!

Thanks for helping!
Janagirl!

2014-06-17 15:14:51

it seems that there is a bug in the game.. whenever I try to get the drum in lvl 22 the game crashes.. any tips on how to get past this bug? I would really love to play the rest of the levels.

Stephen King

2014-06-17 15:18:47

That's what I wrote yesterday. I'm so angry. Right, the game crashes and exits. There should be an update for that as soon as possible! Yeah you could unlock all levels in options but I won't do that.

Thanks for helping!
Janagirl!

2014-06-17 15:59:15

yeah but I think that you will need that prize that you will get at the end of the level later..

Stephen King

2014-06-18 00:52:11

Hi,
I'm experiencing the crash on level 22, and I can't figure out how to use the horn or wind for level 29.
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
James

2014-06-22 10:16:58

Hello, everyone, I love the blindfold racer game, but I think I tis abit buggy though. By the way, can anyone tell me how to use horn and wind in level 29? Any comment is really appreciated.

2014-06-23 10:25:49

Well I've finally tried this one out.

I rather like the mix of music and the idea behind the game, though I do wish you could skip some of the voice sequences sinse while I understand the game was aimed at kids having to be constantly told in a very breezy tone "you didn't hit any animals" was getting a bit irritating when I wanted to see the next level.

on the other hand I love the mix of music in the game used as indicators, (nice to drive along to everything from Baroque classical guitar to string quartet, and electronica, that definitely suits my own eclectic taste).

The one major problem I'm having however is controlling the dam car and I suspect this is due to how I'm holding the Iphone sinse the instructions I didn't particularly find specific on how to hold the thing.

I tried holding the phone perpendicula to the floor as usual and then rotating my hands downwards, so that the angle of the phone as compared to the floor and ceiling increased as I turned, that did nothing, I then tried rotating my hands on the horizontal plane, keeping the phone screen upwards but rotating so that the home button on the right moved towards or away from me, like rotating a disk, that didn't seem to work either.

The only way I could get the dam rotation to work was holding the phone on edge at 90 degrees with the screen facing me and rotating like a real steering wheel in a car. the problem however is that though this works fine some of the time, at other points (I suspect when the phone isn't exactly in the right position), for some weerd reason the controls would not work at all and my car would just helplessly roll on in one direction and boing off fences! big_smile.

That is why my scores on levels range from absolutely perfect, to a zero (or at least as close to zero as you seem to be able to get in the game.

I hope my explanation of what I tried here makes sense.

I suspect I'm doing something wrong with holding tthe thing, I admit spacial coordination is not my strong point, so I'd appreciate knowing exactly how I should be holding and rotating the phone sinse the tutorial just said "have the home button on the right and rotate" which didn't particularly help much given I've not played any rotational games before.

I also would love to see this game updated to work with the gyroscope the way papasangre2 didd, sinse physically turning my body to steer the car (or even better using my swivvle chair), would be rather good fun and also make considderably more sense to me.

Sinse however it doesn't have a gyro mode and we're left with rotation I'd appreciate some explanation as to what exactly I'm doing wrong here

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-06-23 13:35:33

dark: keep the phone with the screen facing you at 90 degrees, the home button to your right. when you have to steer just raise your right hand so your phone tilts. what I've observed is that you have to steer very much to take effect, I even turned my phone in the other direction, with home to my left tfor the steering to take effect. I think there is a bug in the system. I hope my explanations will help you.. good luck.

Stephen King

2014-06-24 00:12:45

Hmmm, if that is the case that is a problem.  sinse I actually was! holding my phone the way you suggest and finding that was the only way that worked. It is very annoying however that sometimes the steering seems fine and other times it just snaps off. I thought this was perhaps because I was holding the phone the wrong way, but perhaps not.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-06-28 22:46:29

I honestly don’t like the game. I mean, I guess its because I’m not exactly a kid, but uh, it said in the description that a teenager was playing it, and she “couldn’t wait to play against her sighted friends.” There is no multiplayer, and even though you could play your high score against another person, what sighted person would want to play it? I really think we shouldn’t be faced with tragically simple games like this. Music instead of a car sound? Very stereotypical. Being blind isn’t about music, music, music all the time. I know, I might be just more used to mainstream console games and their “cool” factor type thing, but blind games for me have become, for lack of a better term, boring, except for BK3 and some others that’re actually rather fun, not because of the story since you either have to know Japanese or be able to interpret something from barely anything, but the gameplay is rather cool. But the “press space when the sound is in the middle” and simple games like that have got to go, along with the thousands of space-invaders that so many games amount to. Papasangre is okay, but even it has those same elements, tap when the duck is in the center, enter the door in the center of your headphones, go catch them bubbles, all that, just makes me grown inwardly. Sorry for straying off topic slightly, but I just needed to rant about how lame audio games have become, and everyone seems to jump for joy at any little thing that comes in.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2014-06-29 10:31:38

wow! this game is cool! I'm playing now

2014-06-29 12:58:28

hay! do you all incounter this problem??? I'm on level 22 or something. then, I want to pick up the drum instrument.then the app crash! o, I'm using iphone 4 with ios7.1.1 running

2014-06-30 08:32:58

@Devin, it's sort of amusing to hear you talk about constant flood of arcade style games and simple games, sinse exactly the same things have pretty much been said every single year!

The ironic thing is, for someone who's been around as long as I have the over all audiogames landscape has changed a lot. yes, there are still the simple arcade titles, but there are also lots of more complex games too. Road to rage, Swamp, Smugglers, Time of conflict, Kodp etc.

Indeed, compared to the era when shades of doom was pretty much it for complex fp games, the games from somethinelse like papasangre are actually pretty dam advanced.

so, yes, while I agree complex and absorbing games are great, at the same time, as I have seen ings considderably improve I can say the situation has been farworse in the past and is likely to  get better in the future.

As regards blindfold racer, were it marketed (as the bavisoft games were), as a game for adults I'd entirely agree that things are far too condescending, sinse it's a game for kids though I'm willing to let things slide.

Regarding audio assistance, one thing to remember is that part of the purpose of papasangre and other games is to get sighted people playing audio games. I view papasangre's hints in this light (and with the proviso about kids those of Blindfold racer too). Remember, these games are on the ap store and so are very different from games from years ago which only blind people will play. As such a little poke in the ear holes is probably necessary and if a company like somethinelse can do so while preserving the game's atmosphere, all the better.

My more major concern with blindfold racer is the bugginess of it's controls, and the fact that the score and dialogue sequences can't be skipped.