2007-12-09 10:38:49

Salaticious verbiage from your amicable host upon this optimistic time, despite the less than temperate or balmy clime of this most benighted of seasons. Today we have a bifocation of auditory delectatious engagements which will ----- mmmm, ---- er, ---- embiggen the, --- ahm, ---- omnigeneral ---- er, gooditude of vocabularious----- A pox upon my lack of cromulant words!

anyway, we've got two word games for you this morning, which will hopefully improve your vocabulary make you sound much cleverer than me in this post!

first up is Psudonyms and antonyms from 7-128 software. Race against the clock as your presented with a word, and have to pick either the psudonym, ---- such as robot and automaton, or the antonym, Eg, clever and this news post! The game is self-voicing, will also work with Jaws, and even has contrast and colour options as well. there are ten skill levels and an easy button, ---- so no excuses for not learning just a few cromulant words! to begin the challenging of your brain, propelle yourself to [url=]the 7-128 site[/url] The game runs in the 7-128 gamebook program, so remember to downloaderate and installify that first. It only costs five dollars, and there's a free 7 day demo available, so why not give it a go!

Next, we have a website hostede word game which serves two important purposes. Not only does it enhance the mightiness of your brain, but also for every answer you get right, 20 grains of rice are donated to stop world hunger by the United nations world food project. Sinse twenty thousand people die a day across the world from starvation, this is obviously well wort doing. the game is symple and highly accessible to screen readers, you are presented with a word, and have to pick the right meaning from a list of five choices. three right answers and your bumped up a skill level, one wrong answer and down you go! Can you make it to level 50? (my best thus far is 45).
You can find this game, as well as a lot of information about world hunger, and related matters by Visiting the Freerice website

Rapturous Engamingment!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-12-09 21:37:35

As always you outdo yourself Dark.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-12-12 00:41:32

Thanks Cx2, actually this was a spur of the moment type of thing I knocked up on Sunday morning before I had to dash off for a couple of days. I initially wrote a huge long post of newsy doom with lots of stuff, ---- apart from the two word games, but the curs'd keyboard struck again!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)