2007-12-01 08:26:02

If confused, check the topic on console games.

I've always agreed that games which had a character upgrading system, a good storyline and good fighting engine would be very good. You want an example of what I want? Check out the description below.

The onimusha series from capcom was released first in 2001 with the title onimusha warlords. Here's the game's basic breakdown.

In 1560, in Feudal Japan, the warlord nobunaga oda was conquering places left in right. Finally he defeated Yoshimoto Imagawa in Okehazama. However, just as he won the war, he was shot through the throat by an arrow. However... he wasn't quite dead. He was raised from the dead with the help of the demons. The demons began their rampage, slaughtering innocent villagers and other folk... until a young warrior, samanosuke akechi, stands up against him and fights back...

This is where the game comes in. In all onimusha games, you run around, kill demons, absorb souls and solve puzzles. All this is so that you can upgrade your stats, weapons, magic, etc. There is also a friendship system in onimusha. If you buy something like, say, a history book, you can give it to the character who likes to collect interesting things and books alius mogoichi in onimusha. Then he will give you something back, which you can then give to another character. An example would be for you to give Mogoichi the history book, and he'll give you back food. Then, you find ekei, who loves food and drinks, and give him the food. This turns out to be very useful, as during certain boss battles your friend will come help you, depending on who you traded very well with.

That's just an example of the type of game I want to see. For all those who were wondering, Nobunaga is a real person. Or, was. He was a feudal warlord who almost managed to conquer and unify japan in the late 1500s. Opinions on a game like this?

Discord: clemchowder633

2007-12-02 10:02:40

Seems noone is interested. lol. I just wondered what people would think about a game like this. Not onimusha in particular, but a game like it. And possibly, what I forgot to mention about Onimusha which makes it so good. After certain cutseens, you get to control a different character. Now, how cool would that be...? and just as a sidenote, the weapons in onimusha. There are very cool ones. I've listed just a few below.
a standard katana.
A katana embued with the power of thunder, and the magic attack consists of a five hit combo followed by a lightning blast.
A spear with the power to shoot ice.
A hammer with the power of the earth and enough to kill six or seven enemies at once.
A wind blade, which when called to use its magical attack, causes a tornado, which sucks in six or seven enemies and then shredsthem.

And though it's the 1500s, they include rifles and shotguns! Woe! Now how cool is that?

2007-12-02 20:46:50

Hi.

Yeah. You are right. This is also what I want. I don't think we would be able to solve the puzzles, simply because we don't know what to do because most of the puzzles is not spoken out lout in most of the games.
It would be awesome if there was some puzzles we could solve.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-12-06 13:58:59

i agree. that would be great.

Sometimes the best you can doo is to forget. Don't waste your time with what already has been done, because then you wil just break down in the end.

2007-12-07 07:59:29

Well, I'm glad some people are looking, anyway. But are there any comments aside from thinking thaat would be awesome? lol.

2007-12-08 13:49:00

It would be awesome if some of these big game-companeys would make these types of games more accessible. Just like Rise to Honour, where you hear this beeping sound when you can do an action with your action key. This little feature makes the game so accessible. If this feature was included in Yakuza, the game would be 95% accessible. Without this feature, the game is only 45, or maybe 50% accessible.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen