2007-11-26 20:10:22

hi,
there are a couple of very annoying bugs in soundRts. i hope they can be fixed.
1. Maybe this was intentional but you still lose even though you've still got solders left. i just found it ridiculous that i lost the game, when my opponent had 6 knights and i had 99, all because i couldn't find his buildings.
2. i don't know if it is in the lay out of the map or something but units sometimes walk into squares without being asked to, resulting in, if enemy buildings are in the next square and your peasants are working, then poof go some of your peasants.
3. Likewise, some weirdness with combat is that sometimes a couple of units like o head off to other squares where there is enemy buildings and/or units. this results in your units being spread around the map and also results in more loss of units then help really.
For example. 61 knights are destroying buildings in a7. a few knights gallop off to b7and some to a6, while a large number stays in a7. b7 and a6, that is where the central point for the enemy's units are. due to lack of defenses you lose units while if you'd go with all 61 knights, you'd have survived.
4. minor bug with how many minutes the servers have been hosting for, it is almost always incorrect.
I just wanted to say that these are not whining complaints, but bug reports and i would really appriciate it if they were to be fixed.
smile
regards,
Arjan.

2007-11-26 20:50:27

hi,
thanks for your bug reports!
1. This one is intentional, for this rule is used in Starcraft. If you have many knights, keep some of them to defend you buildings. If you needed to lose everything to lose the game, you could hide some units somewhere in the map, and move them from time to time to survive an annoyingly long time, I suppose.
2. and 3. OK, I take note. I don't know yet how to solve this. Maybe someday the collision system will works differently, I don't know.
4. This will be solved with the architecture change of the beta 10.
Jean-Luc

2007-11-27 01:15:29

I recall the first issue with much annoyance when I used to be able to play command and conquer Tiberian Sun, the computer on skirmish would always end up with one unit somewhere goodness knows where and sometimes I just could not find it.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-11-27 16:44:38

thanks for explaining. oh, and is there anyway to know where your farms are, without having to go through 10 squares of territory trying to know where you've got your buildings left? for knights to defend them. it doesn't show up on w because you cannot control a farm, because it has nothing to do. i had this problem when i had nothing but farms and i didn't know where my farms were.

2007-11-27 17:53:45

To know where your farms are, you can press page up or page down until you find them.

2007-11-27 20:56:12

ahh. thanks for explaining.
Oh, and how am i to get the recruitment of knights back after my stable has been destroyed and i build a new one i have to build new barracks. only those new barracks will be able to recruit knights and not the old ones. is this intentional?

2007-11-29 16:32:17

arjan wrote:

Oh, and how am i to get the recruitment of knights back after my stable has been destroyed and i build a new one i have to build new barracks. only those new barracks will be able to recruit knights and not the old ones. is this intentional?

It's not intentional. I'll fix this.

2007-12-01 20:24:02

arjan wrote:

I have found and fixed a part of the code that wasn't right and was probably causing this bug. The bugfix will be included in the next release.

2007-12-01 20:52:14

I have two questions:
1. Will the map making guide be included in the game if he's finished?
2. Is it possible to play in a LAN network or only over the internet?
The game is great and it gets better and better. Keep up the good work.

2007-12-02 23:47:59

Thanks.
1. Yes. You can save it on your computer anyway.
2. Yes, to play in a LAN network, start a private server and give the local IP address to the other players. They must choose to enter manually the IP address of the server in the multiplayer menu.