2007-11-25 04:36:32

Hey, I was thinking about purchasing Monkey business.
I would like to kno if anyone knos ware I could find an audio review of the game.

there is a place out on the land,
where time it does but end
so I give my welcoming hand,
Because I rule the winds.  Night and bright are all alike.  So are snow and rain,  And the wind that speaks my name.  Is calling once again

2007-11-25 20:34:51 (edited by hermione 2007-11-25 20:37:08)

there is a review in the Main Menu archive.
The Main Menu archive is on
http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php? … tion=30:29
. If you are using JAWS, press control and F and type the word monkey.

Sometimes the best you can doo is to forget. Don't waste your time with what already has been done, because then you wil just break down in the end.

2007-11-26 00:30:15

Hey, another thing
In the review that I heard after I went to main menue, it said that there was a playiable demo on the sight.
I kno that when I went to Draconisentertainment, it said there was too.
But I couldn't find it, can some one help?

there is a place out on the land,
where time it does but end
so I give my welcoming hand,
Because I rule the winds.  Night and bright are all alike.  So are snow and rain,  And the wind that speaks my name.  Is calling once again

2007-11-28 06:15:35

I think that review is slightly out of date as far as the game goes, there may have originally been a playable demo, but I don't believe there is anymore. Equally though, I think you could only originally buy the game on Cd, so it's not all bad.

If you are considdering buying the game, I'd say the review does a pretty good job of showing it off, though imho monkey business is the most complicated 3D audio game yet, sinse it doesn't have half of the navigation or customization features of something like Shades of doom or sarah, and the terane is very complex.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-11-28 06:42:47

You're right Dark.  There was originally a playable demo...I've still got it kicking around here on Cd somewhere because I got one of those ESP demo Cd's.  Wow that sure seems like a long time ago.  IMO the demo wasn't much though, since you could only play the first level, which IMO isn't a very exciting level...it's mostly a "training" level.  Then again, most demos are that way.

Interesting Dark how you say MB is one of the most complex 3D audio games out there.  Now that you mention it, I'd say you might have a point.  I did have to use this forum to get past one level, but I found the game to be too short and a little bit too easy.  Maybe Draconis should make a sequel, because Monkey Business seemed like it could've gone on for a few more levels.  Or maybe I just have too much time, because it also didn't take me long to beat Super Liam. LOL  I still haven't figured out the Monkey Business bonus level though.  Hmmm, maybe after finals are over, I should go through the game again and try and figure it out.

2007-11-28 11:45:25

you could play the laboratory level, the surf and turf level, and the astec temple level.

I live to crochet!

2007-11-29 17:54:51

Draconis has an audio trailer for monkey business demonstrating a good chunk of gameplay in their downloads section (I think it's about 10 minutes long).

James

2007-12-01 04:37:23

Yes, I do like Monkey Business. It really is a good game!

I'd say buy it.