2014-03-16 16:02:29

Hey all. So I'd like some rock band suggestions. I have nearly 20 bands already, any more suggestions?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2014-03-16 16:53:59

Ghost Rider, what exactly are you looking for in terms of music? Rock is a very huge and varied collection of music. We have classic rock, hard rock, soft rock, grunge, and so on. If I had a better idea of what you were looking for I might be able to give you suggestions.

I myself am a fan of classic rock from the 70's and 80's, and tend to listen to more hard rock than soft rock, but also listen to my share of pop rock. So if you have any interest in that genre of music I can give you plenty of ideas to try.

Sincerely,
Thomas Ward
USA Games Interactive
http://www.usagamesinteractive.com

2014-03-16 17:52:57

I'm looking for rock between 1995 and now, alternative and heavy metal. For example, I like Avenged Sevenfold.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2014-03-16 20:35:22

Hi Ghost Rider.
Well here is a list of bands I hope this helps you out.
the cranberries
U2
green day
my chemical romance
metallica
smash mouth
three days grace
nickelback
the killers
neon trees
nirvana
muse
megadeth
anthrax
disturbed
godsmack
spill canvas
blue oyster cult
the eagles
van halen
ac/dc
led zeppelin
sublime
supertramp
guns and roses
fleetwood mac
pink floyd
red hot chili peppers
bon jovi
the beach boys
imagine dragons
matchbox twenty
pearl jam
There's a list of awesome rock bands that should keep you busy for a while.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-03-16 21:00:40

You should give us a list of the stuff you already listen to. But here's some stuff you should try.
Sirenia's first two albums are really good listens. Unfortunately they went right down hill after that. But still, definitely worth checking out.
Lost horizon were a really good power metal band... Their lead vocalist had a tremendous vocal range. Unfortunately they only made two albums. I don't know why really. Scar symmetry  are another bunch worth checking out. After their lead vocalist left the band post holographic universe they only got better.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2014-03-16 22:03:32 (edited by CritterPup 2014-03-16 22:05:48)

Heres what I have
Alice In Chains
Alter Bridge
Avenged Sevenfold
Black Veil Brides
Breaking Benjamin
Bring Me The Horizon
Disturbed
Egypt Central
Eve To Adam
Fireflight
Five Finger Death Punch
Flyleaf
Godsmack
Green Day
Halestorm
Hinder
Hollywood Undead
Hoobastank
Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Metallica
Rage Against The Machine
Relient K
Saving Abel
Seether
Sick Puppies
Sublime
Switchfoot
Theory of a Deadman
Not very impressive I know.

2014-03-16 23:16:17

Wow, Ghost, that's a good start. If your in to the Avenged Sevenfold stuff, consider branching out in to Atreyu and Bullet for my Valentine. Killswitch Engage is also good.

2014-03-16 23:34:11

Thats just the stuff I've got on my computer, I also have
nirvana
Killswitch Engage
Nickelback
Skillet
Three Days Grace
Eminem
Evanescence
Story Of The year
and thats it for now

2014-03-17 02:18:49

Ah, yes. I couldn't get in to Chevelle, but Slayer is a definite must. As is System hc a Down.

2014-03-17 10:15:22

Hi.
I'm a huge rock fann as well. Here are a few bands which you might find worth checking out:
the offspring
Runrig (note this band makes other kind of music as well, but they have made some cool rock in my opinion)
volbeat (an awesome danish band which is pretty known in the US as well)

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-03-17 11:12:56

Yes, Volbeat is very good. As is Kvelertak, despite the fact they aren't in English.

2014-03-17 13:34:50

If heavy metal is what you're really looking for, you should check out Slipknot. I hope that's spelled correctly. In their own words: It's a heavy metal band which blow the other fuckers away! smile I tell you they are awesome, if you like heavy metal. I don't listen to them much though, because there are other genres of rock I like better.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-04-18 05:43:58

Sup guys! Love this music! I love rock and i have played lots of gigs myself! I've mostly played in bars but i have played at schools and city gigs. You can check me out on youtube at: wandmcd. Please don't put a period after it though. You can also go to my site at: www.rockinrory.com

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2014-04-18 11:49:18

Fun fact. I used to dj At a rock club not too far from me. Everyone there always knew when I was off for a fly pind and a smoke. The only reason they knew this was because I always used to play black rose immortal by opeth. It was the perfect song for that given that it was 20 minutes long.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2014-04-18 20:19:58

I noticed that you didn't have Staind on your list. I don't know if that was an oversight on your part or if you don't like them or what, but they're awesome. they've been my favorite rock band for years.
Some lesser known bands you could look into that I would personally recommend:
Digital Summer
Seven System
Silver From the Flames
Signum A.D.
Burn Season
Flaw
Earshot
Prime Circle
Nothingface
American Head Charge
Static X
Dead by April
Smile Empty Soul
Red Line Chemistry
Cold
Resident Hero

And that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my collection.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2014-04-18 22:08:59

My updated collection
3 doors down
A Day To Remember
All That Remains
alterbridge
August Burns Red
Avenged Sevenfold
Black Veil Brides
Born of osiris
Breaking Benjamin
Bring Me The Horizon
Bullet For My Valentine
Demon Hunter
Devil Driver
Disturbed
Drowning Pool
Egypt Central
Eminem
Escape the Fate
Eve To Adam
Five Finger death Punch (Might I add the greatest band in existence)
Flyleaf
Godsmack
Green Day
Halestorm
Hatebreed
Hellyeah
Hinder
Hollywood Undead
Killswitch Engage
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Machine Head
Megadeth
Metallica
Mudvayne
Mushroomhead
Nickelback
Nirvana
Pantera
Papa Roach
Pop Evil
Rage Against The Machine
Rise Against
Rob Zombie
Saving Abel
Seether
Sevendust
Shinedown
Sick Puppies
Slayer
Slipknot
Staind
Static-X
Suicide Silence
Switchfoot
Theory Of A Deadman
Three Days Grace
Tool
Trapt
Trivium
Volbeat
White Zombie

2014-04-19 00:05:23

I'm surprised that lamb of god isn't on that list of yours. Go listen. go go go tongue

2014-04-20 09:01:28 (edited by blindndangerous 2014-04-20 09:08:56)

Just off the top of my head...
10 Years, 12 Stones, Seether, As I Lay Dying, Bullet for My Valentine, Scar Symmetry, Solution .45, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, All That Remains, Kamelot, Within Temptation, In This Moment, Lesley Roy, Icon For Hire, The Confession, Kill Switch Engage, Lacuna Coil, Red, Unloco, Taproot, V Shape Mind, Breaking Benjamin, Egypt Central, Five Finger Death Punch, Motograter, Arch Enemy, Kevin Reeves, Cratermaker, Freefall Effect, All But Over, Silver From the Flames, Sovern, Flaw, Staind, Disturbed, Smile Empty Soul...

2014-04-21 12:41:46

Have you heard lional rychie who sang the song hello. I am a fan of him.