2014-04-15 01:00:45

Hi,
Since about 3 days ago, I can no longer open QFeed. When I try to open it from my desktop, nothing at all happens. I did recently add some new feed content to it, and I have a lot of feeds in general, so at first I thought that it was just being slow to load. But I waited for 20 minutes and it didn't open.
What can I do to fix this? The weird thing is that this problem started occurring the day after that whole heartbleed thing exploded all over the internet. I saw that a few sites were down because of it, while they tried to fix their security holes and stuff. Is it possible that that's what happened here? The q-continuum.net site is still up and running, so I doubt it, but I guess anything is possible. Does anyone know what else I could do, short of uninstalling it? That's the last thing I really want to do unless it's absolutely necessary, because I don't want to lose my feed data. It would take me awhile to find them all again.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2014-04-15 13:25:46

Hi,
Check its log, which should be at %appdata%\qfeed\errors.log.
The last couple of lines should tell you what went wrong. If you are not sure what they mean, post it somewhere, e.g. on http://pastebin.com, and reply here with the link.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2014-04-15 17:19:31

I guess this won't help that much, but I think you can try.
DID you try running it as adinistrater?
select the app then press applications, then run as administrater.

2014-04-18 03:58:16

Thanks, I wouldn't have thought to look for an error log.
Well, this does look pretty bad... Anyone know what it means?

ERROR 2014-04-17 21:46:19,197 root: An unhandled exception occurred.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.pyw", line 16, in <module>
  File "main.pyw", line 11, in main
  File "app_framework\__init__.pyo", line 20, in bootstrap_application
  File "app_framework\configuration.pyo", line 27, in bootstrap
  File "basic_config.pyo", line 7, in load_configuration
  File "configobj.pyo", line 1242, in __init__
  File "configobj.pyo", line 1332, in _load
ParseError: Invalid line at line "1".

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2014-04-18 11:09:55

Hi,
It appears that your configuration file is damaged. Try deleting qfeed.conf, then relaunch qFeed. Things should be back to normal.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2014-04-18 20:07:36

Yep, that worked! Thanks much.

2014-04-19 22:18:51

Hi,
Any time, glad we could help!

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion