2014-04-15 20:06:04

Hello Everyone.
Just yesterday I tried listening to some music on my braillenote and it only plays in the right headphone. I unplugged the headphones to see if they were the problem and sound only plays in the right speaker of my braillenote. This counts for all my audio files we're alive my music and every audio file that I have.
Is this a problem with my braillenote and if so how do I fix it? I really don't want to replace all my audio stuff.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-04-16 00:11:11

Hi.

Hmm, maybe your speakers are messed up or something?
Try resetting the device.
Also, make sure your headphone cable is all the way in the headphone socket.
If that fails, just get rid of that outdated piece of junk because it will cost you and arm and a leg to fix it.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-04-18 20:37:30

I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere that affects the audio's balance. I don't remember ever seeing one, but you might want to take a look at the user guide just to see if there are any settings that could have gotten screwy. I can't imagine that even if the left speaker stopped working, it would affect audio playback through other audio devices, so I think that somehow you've got it set to only play on the right side.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2014-04-18 21:21:39

Hi.

I don't remember a setting to adjust the audio balance anywhere in either the BrailleNote Apex or MPower.
Did resetting the unit fix anything?
Like I said in my other post, it may be defective and you're probably better off just scrapping the thing unless you want to pay god knows how much money to fix it. If you got it from an organization which is probably how you got it, you could ask them to repair it if it really is an issue.
Personally, I've left the BrailleNote behind because it is far too old and has many limitations both on the hardware and software.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-04-18 21:41:16

yeah the braille notes that I have had had always had that problems. I don't even try too keep music on the braille note

2014-04-19 20:43:01

Remove any connected peripherals and then do a soft (lightly touch reset) and then a hard (press and hold reset) reset. If it still doesn't work, then back up the important bits off your Flash drive (I have an SD card for this purpose) and do a factory erase (Space+O then Space+I then Space+Backspace+Dot1+Dot2+Dot4+Dot5+Dot6). Now check it again. If it's problematic, it's hardware.

Let us know how it goes …

Just myself, as usual.