2014-04-17 13:20:00

hello,
Let me explain.
I can switch to the eloquence synthesiser. My problem: The voice is at 50 percent volume and so low in pitch its hard to understand. i open up the voice perams dialog, and set them just how i like.... I can't press ok. What? I can do it with espeak, SVoxPyco, rhVoice... In short, any other synthesiser but eloquence.
Anyone got any suggestions at all?

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2014-04-17 15:23:18

Yep, they broke it. I have a sneaking hunch that it was for legal reasons. I say this because i remember reading something on the nvda list about them not supporting it unless there were licenses involved.

2014-04-17 15:59:07

Oh, wonderful. I'm stuck with eSqueak, then. tongue

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2014-04-17 18:23:54

Hi.

Well, I can't stand that synthesizer anyway. I know I haven't used and don't really like jaws that much, but the voice is terrible, only slightly better than E-Speak. Why someone is charging for that tts is a mystery as its not worth a penny.
If you don't like E-Speak, you could buy an Ivona sapi 5 voice or buy the Vocalizer Expressive driver.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-04-17 18:39:35

Hi,
I could buy vocaliser expressive. However, eloquence is faster and in MUDing, that's important. So uh...
Ivona is out of the question. At roughly 50 dollars per voice as far as i'm concerned they can shove it.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2014-04-17 18:43:20

Hi,
Actually, vocalizer is just as fast as eloquence. Put rate boost to max.

2014-04-18 00:33:15

I've got to agree. While vocalizer, ivona, bla... bla... bla... have their uses. When you want to get reading at speed, When you want to do something like play a mud at the highest speed possible it's got to be eloquence. You can keep the rest. They just don't compare... period.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2014-04-18 02:57:10

A related problem: caps pitch shift has become absolute, rather than relative. I have to change my voice, then change it back to get it working again.

But... is it possible to get a working config file and save it manually, instead of going through the settings dialog? Or does it automatically break an unflawed config file? (I don't remember installing hte latest update, but i discovered that I must have when it told me my config file had errors and started making Eloquence a chore to use).

... None of this encourages me to switch voices, though. It just encourages me to add "Throw money at ETI until they relent" as a long-term goal. Which I can't accomplish now, because I have, like, no money.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2014-04-18 10:56:52

As someone already said, just use the parameters which adjust voice settings on the fly, and then save the current nvda configuration.

Discord: clemchowder633

2014-04-18 12:07:05

@kyle12 and others

The issue is not deliberate nonsupport for the Eloquence add-on as such but the nonpersistency of the settings.

In the NVDA folder there is a subfolder called userConfig.

The default installation for the Eloquence add-on is x:\name of nvda folder\addons

However, for the Eloquence settings to stick, you must  move
addons and addonsState.pickle inside userConfig.

If addons and addonsState.pickle is moved to UserConfig rather than the main NVDA folder, Eloquence settings are persistent.

It took me some time to figure it out.

Hope it is of help to others.

m

2014-04-18 12:22:18

I haven't had that problem for a while.

Try this version and let me know if it works, if not, just do what was suggested above.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/174 … nvda-addon

2014-04-18 16:10:15

Thanks for the insight gellman, i wasn't sure how to fix it.

2014-04-18 22:47:59

Hi,
Regarding Vocalizer vs eloquence and eSpeak, I actually am on the side of the smaller synths. Don't get me wrong, Vocalizer is really quite cool, I purchased it because of how responsive it was, but I always find myself coming back to eSpeak and eloquence. I can't quite put my foot on it, but after using vocalizer I just keep switching back to the smaller synths.

2014-04-18 23:05:51

Hi,
That version of the driver seems to work. thanks much!

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2014-08-13 20:44:57

Hello. Thanks for the aer for VDA.Please, how can I ownload, doenot let me dowld it... Thans in advanced

2014-08-14 03:10:10

What did you mean? please make a clear writing. smile

2014-08-14 09:32:05

(*Cannot find a userConfig folder* *Has a systemConfig folder that already has addons and addonsState.pickle in it*)
The only issue I'm having is that I can't read uppercase letters without having to reset the person to restore normal pitch.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2014-08-14 10:50:55

Are you using a portable version?

2014-08-14 12:53:16

Not so far as I know. It's installed in my program files folder.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2014-08-14 14:26:45

SO, it should be in %appdata%\nvda\. All the add on that you've installed, it is in there.

2014-08-14 19:53:12

Hello. Thanks for your help, Hello. Thanks for your help, my computer did a mistake... I cannot download the driver for Eloquence because it gives me a 403 error accessing dropbox. Do I need to have an Account in Dropbox. Thanks in advance....

2014-08-15 03:38:32

No. because to uploader took it down. so you can not download it.

2014-08-18 00:52:54

Hi!!! Could someone please send this eloquence driver updated again please? Thanks in advance, regards

2014-08-18 04:05:09

uploading.

2014-08-18 04:16:02

Hi,

You may download it from Here.