2014-03-15 14:32:47

Anyone else catch that Scratch was outside the colony when everyone was leaving, and that Saul just left his location on an answering machine where she will be able to hear it if she goes in.  I suspect we'll be seeing Scratch at the hospital at the most inopportune time possible.

2014-03-15 17:28:55

Wel that is possible, but she seemed pretty focused on Pegs at the time. The only reason I could see Scratch going after  Saul and Lizzy would be either A,  as hostages, or B, because for some reason she  decides Lizy will lose her baby like Scratch lost hers, which would be a very typical motivation, though I don't think Scratch is quite that simplistic, neither do I think the writers would  repeat the lizy getting  captured scenario.

Myself  Scratch's "she's inside" seems pretty clear that she's planning on something involving Pegs, particularly given Bert andRiley's comments about how focused on Pegs she was I would also not be surprised if thing transpired for Michael to fight his way out of an underground zombi nest (with or without losing   Victor and Datu along the way), only to find out his rather pathetic love interest has been hurt/kidnapped/killed by Scratch.

But we'll see, the fact that the series is so hard to predict is one of  the things I like, sinse you really don't know who is safe or who is going to make it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-03-15 20:48:08

Hi.
@Violinist, I missed that somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if scratch shows up at the hospital to kidnap Lizzy's baby. Toward the end of season 3 when lizzy is getting a check up scratch takes an interest in the baby.
@Dark, I'll bet when michael goes down there he'll find some kind of computer or device that controls the hotspots. Hopefully they will all make it out of the church alive but I really don't think so. They have got zombies coming in from outside and probably zombies down in the pit also.
I still wonder what causes people to become zombies? On the we're not dead podcast some people had a theory that the first zombies were built because they had scarring all over there bodies.
I'm pretty sure this is the last season since it sure seems like their wrapping things up in all these chapters. It would be nice if there was a season 5 but everybody on the wa forum says that the series will end in july with chapter 48.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2014-03-16 01:36:42

Hmmm, guitarman, I was wondering if this was the last season or second to last, sinse while it is obvious things are wrapping up I'd be a little surprised if things came to a head that quickly given that though we have had many hints about the zombies and ink etc, we've not had anything definite as yet or much by way of solid information, that is why I thought this might be the  second to last, rather than the last season.

Regarding Scratch, I remember  her taking an interest in Lizy's baby and explaining how she lost hers, however the implication  there was that Scratch actually had a degree of sympathy (albeit rather resentful sympathy), for Lizy and her baby. Remember, if Scratch had wanted Lizy to misscarry the baby she could've done something about it at the time.

This is why I suspect the only reason Scratch might have a direct interest in saul and lizy is as hostages.

It's more of a concern however that she now knows the one big gun truck is out of the colony along with michael, Riley, Bert and Victor, most of the soldiers are dead or incapacitated and at least some of the people  have left or are preparing to leave, thus making it the perfect time for an attack.

Indeed I have a nasty feeling that the truck she was in with  Tardust is full of explosives.

Wow, this really does! make me want to change my  usual listening practice.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-03-17 00:49:46 (edited by AlexN94 2014-03-17 00:51:05)

This is indeed the last season. Only five more chapters before the end, so yeah Dark, I'd probably start listening to the episodes as they come out, much more fun smile
Chapter 48 will air at their live event arund mid July and will probably be put up for downloading a week or so later. At least that's what Kc's saying in the latest episode of We're Alive Fan Cast where they cover 43.3 in a live stream with some of the other fans.
Since the title for chapter 44 will be Life and Death,I'm quite sure we'll see Scratch doing something, or even lose some more characters.
Only thing I want is a reasonable explanation of why Datu can suddenly understand the symbols. That seemed a Little too far fetched for me, but well. Kc has at least said that he's not a fan of magic, so doubt they stumple upon a dark sorcerer Down in the tunnel system. big_smile
He's currently working on writing chapter 46, as far as I remember, trying to wrap it up as good as possible. Of course we won't get all the answers, but he will give us enough pieces to figure most Things out. Other Things he'll explain afterwards if there would be the need to do so, and something he'll just keep to himself. As an example, nobody, in the story at least, will ever be able to find out exactly what happened at Ground Zero since everyone WHO was there when hell broke lose died. Of course Kc knows it, he's the writer after all. I guess that's one of the Things he'll let us figure out though.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2014-03-17 02:02:04

Which fancast are you talking about? The last episode I have of we're not dead was one from December, and that seems to be the last episode that was put out, unless i'm missing something. Did they move websites or something? My Iphone won't update the podcast, nor will ITunes on my computer. They both say the latist eposide was from December.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2014-03-17 03:10:01

There is a podcast that is called the We're Alive Fan Cast. WND isn't active anymore as far as I've understood it. Go to mickred.com to check the other podcast out, it's pretty awesome smile

2014-03-17 04:21:35

Wow, didn't realize the end was that close.

While I don't dislike magic as such, I do think having it be  eminations from hell or something would be so inappropriate to the series   it'd be actively jarring so glad to hear that won't happen. regarding finding out, while Isuspect mystery I would like to know at least a little regarding how the cracks were created and how they're linked to the zombies, even if we  don't know exactly how.

As to nobody from ground zero surviving, well that doesn't mean there isn't some kind of  reccord, or  some degree of clue that people could put together, though if indeed the end is coming in chapter 48 then they're running out of time and  all the more reason to believe  Michael will learn  something significant down in the nest, ---- though goodness knows what it  will cost.

I suspect I might well take up listening weakl if we're getting that close.

2014-03-17 05:17:10

Hi Dark.
Well I still believe that ink started this and that he never intended to make himself a zombie. When michael and the others watch the video of the court house roberts is attacked by zombies and then when he turns the zombies who attacked him seemed to be terrified of him.
And that would definitly be disappointing if the virus turned out to be something from hell or supernatural.
@Alex, wnd is gone? Well I should have known since there hasn't been a podcast since chapter 40. How disappointing I'm really going to miss britt, nick, and greg.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2014-03-17 11:39:38

Well, to be honest I'm kinda glad WND is over, I couldn't really stand Brit's voice or their constant joking about her tiny role consisting of one or two lines... I mean... It was funny the first two times, you don't have to bring it up all the time you record. The only person I'll miss is Nick. He could at least be serious.
I'm not so sure Ink is fully turned though, at least he's got a heck of a lot more control over himself than other biters. I doubt however that he should have started it. I can't see though how the tattoos fit into the Picture. He got them just a few days before the outbreak, so did he know it would happen? And how the f did he know the symbols could protect him? When he exits the transfer van they stair at him in awe or as if they were afraid of him... Couldn't this be because of his tats?
I have a feeling we're gonna lose either Vic or Datu Down in that darkness... With five chapters left we still need to lose at least four of the bigger characters in my opinion.

2014-03-18 06:52:12

I'm leaning towards the Ink is not the creater of this epidemic.  First, he kind only has a limited communication range for zombies that we currently know.  Unless there is another way down in that nest that says otherwise, there is no way ink could of spread whatever is forcing the change to other countries that fast.  As well, note that the last action before getting arrested and the outbreak was him  murdering his entire family.  Anyone think Ink may of saw something like this coming, knew no one would believe and thought it was better to kill his family then let them see the outbreak.  And then the tattoos.  Again, if he found something out was was involved in something unintentionally and knew the zombies would react to the symbols, well....I'm probably thinking too hard.

2014-03-18 09:10:34

The way I understood it was that he killed them in may 08, since the outbreak is in may 09 and the news reporter says 'last may'.

2014-03-18 15:20:35

Well I agree with wyvern on this, I don't think ink is the originator of the outbreak, however he is certainly using it to his own ends, albeit other than attacking humans and creating  stronger zombies we're not sure what those ends are.

Am I  remembering correctly that Ink got the tattoos in prison after he killed his family? if so it's entirely possible that the actual  creator of the marks was someone in  prison, which also might tie it to Scratch and her family.

One thing I do think is significant is the way that different zombies react, sinse we know Randy retains  something of his personality, and though Datu has the virus and freaks out when he sees the symbols he hasn't exhibited rage or any desire to hurt people as yet, while ink obviously retains a good degree of intelligence, even if not the direct control of zombies, heck he's even able to speak.

I think Datu's revelations will be significant though it wouldn't  surprise me if the series threw a left hook and had Datu survive but victor get munched, though of course everything points to Datu dying.

I don't  think any character "needs" to die for the dramatic flow of the series, but I am certain someone will, though that as I said is what makes the series so fascinating, however I am concerned that if more characters die, we won't get time for the zombie revelations or they  will be made in a rush.

Another thought that occurs to me, is what is lizzy's baby exactly going to be like? Sinse though lizzy hasn't been bitten we do know the cracks emonate air born particles.

It wouldn't surprise me if there  were some viral complications involved, though again we'll see.

2014-03-18 20:16:32

Yeah, Ink got them in the jail. Not prison smile
The inmate WHO tattooed him was Cohen, whose name Puck and the pals also find on one of the doors in the hallway. They can't make out what stuff Ink gave him though.
Further than that, Ink had, as I remember at least, drawn some of the symbols on his walls, or something similar. I should go back and listen to those chapters, really interesting stuff there, especially if you start digging into it and read about the drugs they find at Raydon Labs:
Stanozolol
Solmatropin
Arenesp
Megace
Follistatin
Other drugs worth looking into are the antibiotics Tanya uses on Saul, and the one they just found at Cain Hospital:
Vancomycin
Clindamycin
Spiramycin
Not 100 percent sure about the spellings, but I think most of them are right, I need to go back and check my notes. big_smile
Have fun researching.

2014-03-19 14:19:02

If indeed the series is endig at chapter 48, I will listen to the hole lot again  afterwards, just so that I can  pick up all those connections.

2014-03-19 19:04:13

um, okay, michael went... where? to... what? with... who? and lizzy and tonja, they want to do surgery... where? exactly? KC has got to be joking!

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2014-03-19 20:28:28

Hi Connor.
Ok, this is very simple. Michael went with datu and victor to the church because datu was able to read the markings on the paper. They investigate and before they can leave zombies surround the church and there only option is to go down into the pit.
Lizzy comes in and tells tanya she's not feeling good. She has a fever and her water broke and I think she is also bleeding a little. Saul is terrified but tanya tells him to just calm down and help her. They have to go to kane hospital where the zombies used to be because burt and riley haven't been back with the equipment yet.
Come on how hard is that to understand.

Guitarman.

2014-03-20 07:24:20

Hi.

I still believe Ink is the mastermind behind all of this, orchestrating the behavior of the others.
Listen to Chapter 13 part 3.
You will notice that he seems to be making a lot of noise and trying to draw his fellow zombies to rally to a new goal.
Also, listen to chapter 36 again. He once again is trying to rally the zombies.
There are other areas where I think this is clear.
Listen to chapter 5 where they first encounter Ink. He calls a ton of zombies to aid him when Burt tries to shoot him.
As to why the other zombies seemed afraid of him when he was changed, I think it may have something to do with the marks or maybe that he just seems far more intelligent than the rest.
To me, the rest seem to blindly follow their sense of hunger or what ever it is that drives them.
This is just me thinking and I could be completely wrong.
Who knows.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2014-03-20 08:36:16

guitarman, I understood it, what I wroat was simply a what the hell are they thinking? remark.

2014-03-20 14:54:54

@Chris, I'm not sure whether ink is actually behind it all.  I don't disagree with you that he has power over the zombies and has been experimenting on them, or that he wants to wipe out the last few humans, however  given the scope of the desaster and that there are similar cracks and  zombies across the world I doubt Ink is the absolute master.

I suspect myself ink will just be taking advantage of the situation, but for what reason and what his eventual goal is is something which will hopefully be found out later.

2014-03-20 21:18:40

Hi I agree with dark. besides how can inc control the hole zombie poppulation of the hole world? my guess is that there are more like inc who have power over the zombies in a given area. well but maby it's also because of the tatews he has, or simply go along with tonia's quote "what happens if they turn someone  and that someone is all ready a monster?" there also might be the possability that inc is the only zombie in the hole world who has power ofver the zombies, and the rest of them run wild?

2014-04-08 00:43:40

Wow, what an ending to this chapter. Do you guys think that lizy is dead for good, or is there some way that she can be brought back? It just doesn't seem right that lizy should die.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2014-04-08 01:56:28

Hi Everyone.
This is terrible! I can't remember the last time I cried so much. How could Kc do this! First datu dies and now lizzy. I hate ink so much. He causes so much pain and suffering. I hope at the end of the series all the characters get together and beat him to death.
As for the zombie children the thought of that is sickening. But it sure does explain the little ones. I wonder if the women ink used were already pregnant or if he got them pregnant in some strange and disgusting way.
I didn't mind that Datu died so much because I was expecting it but why lizzy? She was the best.
Well it was an okay chapter but hopefully things will pick up a little in the next chapter. I think this was the saddest chapter of the series at least for me.

Guitarman.

2014-04-08 02:30:30

Hi.
Honestly, I really don't think that lizzy will die for good. If they are close enough to a landing sight, they might be able to bring her back, but her dying just doesn't make sense. She can't just be killed off like that.

2014-04-08 07:34:19

briant, actually lizy is all ready dead. did you here saul's attempts to revive her? and tonja said that shé's gone. personally I don't think she survived. and I, too expected datoo to die. but lizy? I would have expected any of the None mager characters to die, but not her. man I fee sorry for saul at the Moment...