2014-03-02 15:24:33

Hi all,

could anyone writing step by step to help me get started on Grizzly gulch?

Thanks.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2014-03-02 16:35:43

There really isn't much to it. 

Visit the bank until it is robbed and the banker says "should get yourself a gun  could've helped us out" then  go to the store and buy a gun, (if you don't have enough money go to the saloon and win some).

Then go back to the bank and there will be a gun fight, shoot all the bad guys by pointing the gun in the correct sterrio direction and hitting up arrow (but don't shoot anyone who says Don't shoot  sinse  those are innocent civilians and will lose you the fight if you shoot them), then go and see the martial.

After that you pretty much alternate going to see the martial to get missions, then being told you need to buy something from the store, , then going to the saloon to win enough money to get it, then going  off for the mission and having a few gunfights until you win.

Occasionally instead of buying what you need from the store you might need to go
and ask people for  items or information, but everyone you need to talk to is around town, mostly in the saloon.

Really the game is rather simple, though the sounds are quite humerous, and if you play on   gunslinger level and turn the speed up it can get quite challenging.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-03-03 05:25:42

Someone found a cheat years ago that can make your life a bit easier at times. At least on the Cow Poke level, if you go into the bank and either it doesn't get robbed or after the gunfight, win or lose, you're sitting at the bank menu, hit the letter s. You'll hear the sound of a bit of money coming your way...and that's exactly what's happened. You can hit the letter s one time during each visit to the bank, when you're sitting at the main bank menu, and you'll get a hundred bucks. Not much I know, but it can certainly help you out!

2014-03-03 12:15:33

I used that cheat when i first played the game, but second time round I found it better to win the money just to make the game last longer sinse it is a little simple (I completed it in the space of about an hour when i first got it which was rather disappointing).

You can also hit I believe f11 and f12 to speed up or slow down the gunfights, which can make the game more challenging.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2014-03-03 13:57:00

Hi.
Does somebody know if there is any difference if you complete the game on the higher difficulty level? I remember a message saying you can complete the game on the higher difficulty level when completing it on the easy difficulty. I assume this message is being replaced when the game is completed on the harder difficulty level.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-03-03 14:40:21

Hi,

At Dark and Jaybird. thanks for your helps.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2014-03-03 15:51:56

Hi,

again, how do I talk to people?

Follow me on Mastodon.

2014-03-03 16:17:39

You don't need to do anything. If you're told to talk to a particular person, just go to the place where that person works. There's one part of the game where you're not given specifics about who to talk to, and you'll need to talk to several different people to solve the puzzle. But in general...

If you want to see if someone at a particular place E.G. hotel, bank, store, etc. knows anything, just go to that place.

If you want to see if one of the saloon dealers knows anything, just go to the game where he works.

You'll never hear you asking any question, you'll just get the person's usual greeting, then if they have anything to say, you'll hear it.

2014-03-03 16:29:20

@Slj, if I remember rightly you just get a basic "congrats on completing the game on  gunslinger" or words to that effect, it's a nice note but not really anything special, then again I might be missremembering, sinse it's a while sinse I played the game.

I do remember that Chillingham you get no difference at all for the harder difficulty, which is   rather bad.

2014-03-03 20:29:05

Ah, I see. Thanks Dark. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2014-03-06 15:28:39

Hi,

I've stuck at another mission from Martial. where he said to my character to asks people around the town to find bad bom. I think. I couldn't catch it properly, because my English is bad though.
and hope someone would correct me if I'm wrong. smile

Follow me on Mastodon.

2014-03-06 16:48:14

You're looking for Big Bad Bob. Here are some hints to get that puzzle solved.

H
I
n
t
s

Just ask around, like he said! It's not that difficult.

Go to all the different places in town. If anybody knows anything, they'll tell you.

Once you find the right person, he or she will give you a long message, which you really don't need to hear.

Once you hear the message, go back and try to do your mission again. Now you'll be able to do it.

S
p
o
I
l
e
r
s

The person you seek is in the saloon.

His name is Doug...

And he mans the slot machine!

So just act like you're going to play some slots, and you'll get the information you need.

2014-03-08 02:38:20 (edited by Socheat 2014-03-08 02:38:58)

thanks Jaybird for the hints

Follow me on Mastodon.

2014-03-08 19:48:56

You can indeed Hit F11 to slow down and F12 to speed up the gun fights. In edition to using S to steal from the bank, you can also use S at the target range. Go to the target range and don't shoot the bottle thrown at you. When you hear the buzzer, press S. You'll hear the dropping of a coin on to a hard surface. Now, try the target range again, this time shoot the bottles. Now, when you miss one, you will be told how many bottles you successfully shot and of course will be given the opportunity to try again.

I made this playthrough a while ago. I managed to get up to the snakes in the desert. So, here it is. If the link is broken, let me know so I can reupload it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/158 … hrough.mp3

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2014-03-11 15:39:54

thanks KG for the audio tutorial.
I will have a listen to it.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2014-03-11 19:38:27

Hi.
I will agree that grizley gulch is rather simple and easy. The only part that can be rather difficult are the rattlesnakes in the desert, particularly on higher difficulties. I actually had to do that level many times before I was able to complete it.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2016-12-25 05:58:35

Hello,
I did a search for this topic because I'm trying to figure out what the sound files mean. They are in the vicinity where you are asked which player you are.
279.wav, 281.wav, 282.wav, which is played on the Gunslinger level. I don't know what 283 or 284.wav  are.
Do these options pop up after you've played both levels?
Also, I tried modifying some of the sounds so I could hear the rattle snakes, as my hearing loss prevents me, but the game crashes every time. It seems to know that a sound has been modified, but I'm not sure what it's looking for.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2016-12-25 06:48:10

Odd? When I modified the sounds for Grizzly Gulch, it didn't crash on me. Are you sure something like Task Manager isn't running? Because I've noticed that whenever it is, Grizzly Gulch crashes. And about 283 and 284.wav, I don't know if these ever appeared in the game. There are several sounds like this; sounds that are there, but were likely just leftovers from the development of the game, and never got used anywhere. Chillingham has a similar file, which describes an action called "push", and Grizzly Gulch has several others, such as early versions of the intro and a few strange voice clips.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-12-25 17:10:55

No, task manager has never been open. I have Windows 10 Anniversary though. Not sure if that is a factor. Anyway, the sound I modified was oldtime.wav. I tried lowering the volume so that the snakes would be in the foreground, but whenever there was a gunfight the game would freeze and crash.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2016-12-26 05:51:04

Hmm, I don't know if this has anything to do with this, but apparently there was a patch that fixed these issues that was released by Bavisoft. I believe it replaced certain files to allow it to work, and it was on their site at one point. I think somebody posted it in an old topic somewhere, but I don't have the link.

2016-12-26 05:54:29

I was not made aware of this, and Bavisoft is probably down and out of business, without any trace. So I don't know if someone here still has the patch they can upload.
If so, that would be excellent!

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2016-12-27 14:48:54

Hi
Here is the update:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9723kfneo1xq … e.zip?dl=1
Thanks.

Follow me on Mastodon.

2016-12-27 15:11:10

Thanks so much for the update! Before, I couldn't use the S key in the target range. Now I can! If you hit it again, you'll hear a bottle smashing.
Unfortunately it will not let me fight because I changed the oldtime.wav to sound more quiet.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2016-12-27 17:12:41 (edited by Slender 2016-12-27 17:20:16)

Wait, it won't? Is it crashing? I don't know if Bavisoft actually had any way of bricking the game if it was modded, but see what happens if you restore the sound. And about the s key, the coin means scores will be announced, and the smashing bottle means they won't be.

2016-12-27 18:46:14

Yes, it is, and I installed the v2.1 or whatever it is. Maybe it accepts certain modified sounds?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy