2007-10-19 15:58:01

Aaaah, adorable cute fluffy litle ducklings, ----- have nothing whatsoever to do with todays newsage.

It's actually Mr. Ken Downy we're talking about here, the chap behind enemy Attack, wrecking ball, world of darkness and many other totally uncute and decidedly non-fluffy things.

today, we have two new updates to report.

first off, Ken has been mousing around with his Air hocky game, a computer wrendition of the slidy table, puck pushing classic. Mouse support has been improved, along with a couple of extra functions, using the left mouse button to center your paddle, and the right to speak positional and speed info about the puck and your paddle, ---- with negative numbers meaning it's goindg downwards or leftwards.

Mr. downy would like all your feedback about this game, especially with the new mouse support, so feel free to E-mail him on kenwdowney at neo.rr dot com.

then, to accompany the Beta 9 version of our favourite audio real time stratogy game, ---- Sound Rts, we have sound pack number 5, which brings back the dramatic peasants and noble horn calls we were all missing.

to get your mits on these lovely items, head over to the dreamtech interactive site, ---- using the handy link on Phil vlasac's Fantastic games list

And if you haven't already got a copy of sound Rts, ---- what are you waiting for? trot over here to the Sound rts website As fast as your fingers will take you!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-19 16:09:10

Ok!  I will, I want to sea what the Sound RTS sound pack 5 thing is like.  I am going there now.  By-by!

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-22 00:38:26

Ok, I will! I will go over and get air hockey now. Bye-bye!

2007-10-22 07:54:02 (edited by dark empathy 2007-10-22 07:57:20)

Obey me my faithful minions! Buahahaha!

Seriously, I've tried the sound pack, and good it is, but as I'm incredibly busy at the moment I haven't had chance to give air hocky a go. But have fun with it.

Having played the actual table based varient of the game quite a few times with my family, I can actually see mouse control being a really good and atmospheric thing here, ----- it might even convince me to re-batrify my own mouse and try the game out (though at a time of less busyness I think).

the only thing that slightly confuses me, is that whenever I try putting the actual link to KEn's site up anywhere, it just leads to a "page not found" notice for some reason, and yet there's a perfectly useable link on the fantastic games list, ------ strange!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-27 03:20:52

Hmm. SIs that why you always link to the pcs game list? Dark try putting http://www.theaddress.com or whatever it is. I find that this is fixes the problems in some domains.

2007-10-27 13:09:40

andy? that's what I always do! I tried it with and without the Bb code, i TRIED COPY AND PASTE, AND i TRIED MANUALLY WRITING THE ADDRESS, BUT NOTHING WORKED, HENCE THE pCS LIST. BUT AS EN DOWNEY'S SITE IS ONLY ABOUT THE 3RD OR 4TH LINK ON THE LIST, I DON'T THINK IT WILL CAUSE TOO MANY PROBLEMS FOR PEOPLE.

2007-10-27 21:15:06

Ok... Well, just suggesting things... Why not email Phil and ask him how he got that link to work properly?

2007-10-27 23:34:46

Dark and Andy,

Ken's URL: http://www.geocities.com/kenwdowney/
works from our Top 25 Web Sites for Gamers who are Blind.

It also works from an email I sent myself: from and to Eudora.

In both cases, however, it takes me to Ken's home page, not his directory tree where you find downloads.

The URL at Phil's site: http://www.tbrn.net/modgirl/Ken's games/
Takes me to Ken's download page.

I note that when I cut and paste that URL from Phil's site, it puts the "%20" (for "space") code between "Ken's" and "games"

John Bannick

2007-10-28 13:52:41

Hi John, Thanksfor the link to Ken's homepage.

Unfortunately though, whenever I try the tbrn.net address, I get a "page not found notice" which is what happened before, and yet I know the page is up sinse I've just checked with the Pcs games list.

I'm not exactly sure of what is going on with this link, as the forum seems to dislike it for some reason. Just one of those lovely litle computer glitches I think.

2007-10-28 22:42:47

Hmm... That is weird!