2014-02-10 21:53:37

Hi,
Switch to your japanese keyboard, or if not, then reinstall the game using the app locale program, and then run play_sr.exe through the program too, making a shortcut to it. This way that first dialog should then be readable if ou have the pro talker nvda addon installed.
Select the clipboard option once you've launched the game for the first time.

2014-02-10 22:42:22

so, theirs no way for it to get the txt to go to the clip bord and still get the voices?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2014-02-10 23:51:40

i tried to fill out the survey but i could only translate the questions using nvda instant translate does pro talker do a better job?  also how do you interact withthe questionaire itself cause like i said i can only highlight one line of text but not the current line unless i am missing something.

2014-02-11 02:12:25

Hi all,

I've installed the game and all the add-ons after reading the guide in the articles room. I'm having an issue though when trying to translate. I hit the translate key and it says "Translating." Only it always returns the URL to the website for some reason. I'm not getting any of the on-screen help. Am I doing something wrong?

2014-02-11 02:25:21

your not doing anything wrong. its just that the game doesn't have clip bord feetcher

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2014-02-11 04:09:47

no it does, it should've asked you what you wanted to use when you ran the game for the first time
I believe clipboard was the first option, but I could be wrong

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2014-02-11 06:16:22 (edited by assault_freak 2014-02-11 06:17:10)

Okay, so instead of writing an essay to explain why these questions are popping up, I made a recording of me starting the game up after erasing my settings so as if for the first time. Here it is.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/339 … 20line.mp3
Listen and comment. And for the sake of how importance this is.. I'll say it again here aswell as in the recording.
If you choose the NVDA option, you will not, I repeat not, have automatic output to the clipboard. In order for that option to work you need to download an addon that either outputs text read by NVDA automatically to the clipboard, or an addon like clip copy which copies the last thing read by NVDA with a press of the f12 key. If you want the whole game to output automatically so you can just press nvda+shift+y to translate from the clipboard you need to select the clipboard option which will send all the text there. And the main menu has no text output which is why the options will not be read aloud unless you go into a submenu such as the settings or the tutorial. However, the whole game other than the main menu has text outputting to the clipboard along with voices, apart from that.

Discord: clemchowder633

2014-02-11 10:33:40

Hi,
Today ShadowRine ver1.01 released.
http://www.mm-galabo.com/sr/dl_srfv/srfv_dl.php
If you have ver1.00 you don't have to fill out questionnaire.
You can get the update file directly.
Enjoy!
kyo

2014-02-11 10:58:05 (edited by nyanchan 2014-02-11 10:58:47)

Awesome release. I've been waiting for this for a long time. Today was the day of SR for me. Only the last dungeon left.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2014-02-11 14:09:17

I just downloaded the patch for the game. How do I get version 1.00? I can't translate the page. Getting the patch was a wild guess on clicking on a link.
I'll fill out the questionair too if I just can figure out how to translate it.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2014-02-11 14:53:18

Kyo, this game is awesome I love it. keep up the good work.
does it still have graphics?

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2014-02-11 14:54:48

just use google crome. it'll ask if you want to translate the page

2014-02-11 17:38:09 (edited by harrylst 2014-02-11 17:50:42)

question: Since this is a "full voice" version, can it be played without a screen reader of any kind? (of course giving up translation)
Hope someone does a let's play of this soon

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2014-02-11 18:34:04 (edited by aaron 2014-02-11 18:35:28)

Hi,
The game is played in conjunction with your screen reader.
Here's how it works:
If you turn on the clipboard option, and you start a new game, the first thing you'll hear after setting your difficulty level, is a voice talking.
Wait for it to stop talking and you hear a sort of tripple rising tone sound, the sound you heard when the title screen popped up (you actually don't have to wait for this if you don't want to).
Press the up arrow to copy the text to the clipboard.
Press nvda + shift + y to translate.
If you want to re-read the japanese version of the phrase, press up arrow again and the text will be copied to the clipboard. Useful if you want to examine the language.
Press enter to move on to the next phrase.

2014-02-11 18:40:05 (edited by aaron 2014-02-11 18:57:03)

Quick question: How come the update file is 200 mb? It's not a problem, I'm just curious as to why it's not just kb.
edit: where does the update install to? If I launch the game it still says it's v1.0

2014-02-11 19:17:51

How do I play the game, without translation, but without having to press keys to hear the Japanese text that's said? I want to play strictly in Japanese.

Feel free to add me.

2014-02-11 19:23:36

Hi,
@Naruto
Yes, ShadowRine still have graphics.

@AAron
Please overwrite ver1.00 after extracting an update file.

ver1.01 has some bugs. If you cannot use skill botan, please delete keyboard settings.

kyo

2014-02-11 19:26:57

sorry for so many posts, but can I use this game with jaws and the vocalizer Japanese voices, without dealing with this ime and NVDA stuff?

Feel free to add me.

2014-02-11 20:01:10

as blind people we have the nvda add on, but is there a way to translate text to ware sighted can read it. I'd love for my famly members to play it as well

2014-02-11 21:02:44

At Harrylst, I don't quite get what you're trying to ask... you can just play strictly in Japanese without using translation. There are things that are not voiced, such as system messages and your own character's dialog... so you need to play with your screen reader unless you want to miss half of what's going on. And there's no way that I know of to play with JAWS... as that isn't one of the screen reader options, and the keyhook is probably not installed to make JAWS run properly with the game.

2014-02-11 21:05:06

Sorry for the doouble post.. bladestorm, we can't use the passwords yet. It isn't you... it just hasn't shown up in a version of the game yet. lol And about your screen reader problem.. that is very weird, because it shouldn't let you get to the main menu the first time without choosing your screen reader. The dialog should've popped up right after the GL logo before you're told to press the button.

2014-02-11 21:50:25

When I open the game for the first time, I can't translate it. It says that there is no text on the clipboard. Please help!

2014-02-11 21:58:46

I believe clipboard is the last option, but when I press it will just exit the program. I can't start the game.

2014-02-11 21:59:55

As has been said before, there is no text being sent to the clipboard... when you start for the first time, it's using NVDA as its output... and in the launcher it's just a standard dialog button. That's why there is no text being sent to the clipboard.

2014-02-11 23:57:46

Hi,
I'm stuck in the game. I'll post as a spoiler below.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
I'm in the shrine of the dragon. I've found the second savepoint, and realize that I think there's two statues. I've turned one to the south and solved it, but I keep struggling to find my way back to the passage to complete the other one.
What's the best way to navigate around this place?