2014-01-05 18:06:47 (edited by SLJ 2014-02-03 20:51:11)

Injustice: Gods Among us, Ultimate edition: A guide for visually impaired people.
Written by SLJ.

Introduction.

Welcome to my guide for visually impaired people to the very accessible mainstream fighting console and pc game call: Injustice: Gods among us. this game will not describe all features, characters, moves etc. in the game. that's already described very well at other places. smile
This guide will hopefully introduce blind people to the game, and learn blind players to master the game without any help from sighted people. My hope is that blind people like me can just buy the game, read this guide and start playing all accessible things in the game, without any help from sighted people to read the menus or describe anything at all.
I will go through the very basics, so hopefully blind people who have never played any mainstream console game before can jump right in, and start playing the game after some practicing.
Please note that this guide is written out from the Ultimate ps3 version, and I'm not sure about if there are any differences between the different versions of the game, when it comes to the menus.
This guide is written out from what I've read in Berserkers guide on
www.gamefaqs.com
Direct link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/672472-inju … faqs/66904
Without this totally awesome and fantastic guide, this guide would have been nothing, and i would never have had any chance to get into the game so fast.
At the time I'm writing this introduction, I have only had the game for two days, and I already feel this guide for blind gamers is very much needed, because this game is simply awesome! For this reason, my wish is to give so many blind gamers as possible the chance to experience this game, no madder if they have sighted assistance or not. I have no sighted assistance, so it have been pretty difficult for me to get the menus written and other details which is important for blind gamers to know.
My goal is to keep building on this guide together with other blind gamers, until every single feature which is accessible in this game for every console has been mentioned and described in an easy way, so all gamers understand how it works, no madder how many experiences the gamer have when it comes to console gaming.

If you have any tips, details, typos, wrong grama you wants to inform me about, feel free to let me know in the simular topic in the General games discussion room, or by sending me a mail by clicking the mail link by this post. Please, don't send me private messages using this forum. I don't check those very often, and the forum doesn't alert me when I receivve new messages.
English is not my first language, but I'm doing my best. So for this reason, you might find some misspelled words or any other kind of wrong english.
I hope you'll enjoy the guide.

What is Injustice: Gods among us?

Injustice: Gods among us is a 2D fighting game, made by NetherRealms Studio, the same company behind the Mortal kombat games. the controls are much easier to master in my opinion.
For those who have never played any mainstream games before, I'll tell you that 2D means: Left, right, up and down. that means you can walk forward which is either left or right depending on which way the character is facing, and the character can jump up and duck. All this is fully accessible to handle in Injustice, thanks for the great stereo sounds in the game. The game offers a long storyline to play through, which mostly takes 6 hours depending on how well you do in the battles, practice mode where you can practice all attacks and moves for each characters in the game, battleing in many different ways, online gameplay, Star labs missions which is, as far as I know not accessible and a ton of trophies to unlock. So even when all features in the game isn't fully playable, I'll say the game have a ton of hours of fun, depending on how much you're willing to learn how it all works.

Accessibility mode

NetherRealms Studio, the company behind this game has been super awesome and made something which is called Accessibility mode, which can be enabled in the settings in the game.
How is how the accessibility mode works:
When player 1 is nearby an interactable, a low beep sound is heard. When player 2 is nearby an interactable, a higher beep sound is heard. the beep sound is heard from the interactables persission in stereo, so you can easily get an idea about where the interactable is placed on the arena.
Read more about how the Accessibility mode got added into the game at the following link:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=11640

In the pc version of the game, the accessibility mode can also be turned on by editing the options.ini file in the games directory.

the basics

Here, I'll try my very best to explain the basics of the game out from a blind persons perspective:

Player 1 and player 2:
At the beginning of the fight, in round 1, player 1 is always to the left of the arena, facing to the right, and player 2 is always to the right, facing to the left. that means, if you wanna walk forward, you have to press the right arrow or move the movement stick to the right, because you are facing to the right.
A lot of different attacks and combos can throw you up in the air, and throw you to the other side of player 2, which means you suddenly are on the right side of the arena, facing to the left. Many throws, combos and attacks makes the character screams so you can hear the character flying. If not, you can easily hear the character land, so you know you have been thrown to the other side of the arena.
All attacks, moves and combos in Berserkers guide and all other guides which contains information about fighting games for that madder, are described as the back button and the forward button. that means you have to know what way you're facing. If you are at the left side of the arena facing to the right, the back button is the left arrow button, and if you're at the right side facing left, the back button is the right arrow key.
In Injustice, you have some different attacks: Light attack, medium attack, heavy attack, special moves, throws, jumping attacks, interactables and super moves.
Interactables are objects which are around the different arenas which you can damage the enemy very badly against by pressing the interactable button when the enemy is nearby the object. The enemy can of course do the same to you.

Controls

Ps3:
Light attack: Square.
Medium attack: X.
Heavy attack: Triangle.
Special attack: Circle.
Move back: DPad left arrow, or left movement stick left.
Move right: DPad right arrow, or left movement stick right.
Jump: DPad up arrow, or move the left movement stick up.
Duck: DPad down arrow, or move the left movement stick down.
Throw: L1.
Lets stance: L2.
Interactable: R1.
Meter burn: R2.
Pause game/pause menu: Start.
Reset training in practice mode: Select.

Pc:
Move back: A
Move forward: D
Jump: W
Duck: S
Light attack: T
Medium attack: U
Heavy attack: G
Throw: Left shift
Interactables: Space
Meter burn: Tab
Flip stance: Ctrl

Menus

Explanations and notes:
Here are some general explanations on how the menus works:

Navigating the menus:
To navigate the menus, you have to use the arrow keys. When going through the menus, you’ll hear a small selection sound which means the cursor has jumped to the next menu item.
You can most of the time back out of any menu by pressing the back button. The back button is different depending on what machine you play the game on. on the Playstation, it’s the circle button.
there are a few menus which asks you if you’re sure you wanna quit, which you have to confirm. I’m not sure on what menus you have to confirm to quit, but I’ll update this when I figure that out.

A menu which wraps around:
A menu which wraps around means the menu goes around in circles so if you press either down or right arrow when you’re on the last menu item, the cursor jumps to the top again, making it impossible to count how many items the menu contains. All menus wraps in Injustice. This also means if you need the last menu item or second last menu item, you can just use the oppisit directional arrow to go backwards in the menu to get to the wanted menu item much quicker.
The menu goes left/right or up/down:
This simply means you have to use the left or right arrows or the up or down arrows to go through the menu.

The character selection screen menu:
This menu goes in all four directions. I’m not sure on how many characters there are, but I’ll add this information later on.
When a character is highlighted, an unique sound is playing to indicate what character you’ve selected. When pressing confirm on a character, its name is spoken by a robotic voice.
Pressing square brings up the costume menu, where you can change how the character looks. I’m not sure if this would be useful for us though.

The stage selection screen:
On the stage selection screen, there are 15 stages in total: Three columns  going left/right, and five rows goes up and down with stages in each column.
Note: Warning! Pressing triangle might choose the selected stage as your default stage, which might place the cursor on your default stage when entering this menu. So don’t mess this up. I’m trying to figure out fully how that works. My stage selection screen starts on the second stage in the first column, where I would expect it started on the first stage in the first column. I’ll update this part as soon as I figure out how that works.

The difficulty level menu:
The difficulty menu contains five different difficulty levels, going from left to right: Very easy, easy, medium, hard and very hard.
Note: The default difficulty setting is medium.

main menu:
Single player
Multiplayer
Settings
Extras
Note: This menu goes left/right.

Single player menu:
Play story
battles
star labs
single fight
Training
Note: This menu goes left/right.

Play story:
There is no menu here. It just launches the story as soon as you press confirm on the menu item. If you have played the story previously, it loads from the last savepoint.

Battles menu:
Clasic
heroes only
villains only
poisoned
surviver
mirror match
Mistorry
fully charged
combo heaven
help from above
injured
give and take
sidekick
speed run
random fighter
cound down
unstoppable
the max
full house
impossible
Notes:
Pressing confirm brings up the character menu. First you have to choose player 1, the character you’re controlling. After you’ve select your character, you have to choose your difficulty level. Then, you have to choose what arena you wanna fight in. When pressing confirm on an arena, the game loads and getting ready to start the fight!
In the battle menu: Triangle= leaderboards. Square= random select.
The battle menu goes up/down.

training menu:
practice
tutorial
Notes: Pressing confirm brings up the character menu. First you have to choose player 1, the character you’re controlling, and then player 2, the character the computer is controlling. then, you have to choose what arena you wanna fight in. When pressing confirm on an arena, the game loads and getting ready to start the fight!
The training menu goes left/right.

multiplayer menu:
Vursus
Private room
Note: This menu goes up/down.

Vursus menu:
Ranked match
player match

private match menu:
one vs. one
koth
surviver
practice
join room
Create room
leader boards
hero card
settings
Bonus features

settings menu:
Controls
AV settings
game settings
WBID
Note: The menu goes left/right.

controls menu:
Note: I have no idea on how we should be able to change the controls without messing it up, so that section is missing. If someone knows anything, figures out anything, have any ideas on how to do that or can get someone to explain that section very detailed, please let me know and I would be very happy to add this to the guide as well.

AV settings menu:
Cinematics
music
effects
announcer (on by default)
ambients
dialog (on by default)
Note: Use the left and right arrow keys to adjust. Press x twice to confirm and save your settings.
The menu goes up and down.

gamesettings menu:
Vibration (on by default)
Story mode difficulty level: Slow, medium, fast. Default is medium.
Match timer (
story mode subtitles (off by default)
Accessibility mode (off by default)
zombie mode (off by default)
reset to defaults
Note: Use the left and right arrow keys to adjust. Press x twice to confirm and save your settings.
The menu goes up/down.

Pause menu:
resume
move list
controller preset
restart match
player select
main menu.
Note: The menu goes up/down.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen