2007-10-10 11:05:23

Hi there,
I had no time to be in this forum for a while. No I have some questions regarding older and newer games:
First of all I'd like to know something about Treasure Hunt:
When the 1.0 version of this game was originally released, was the game shareware from the start? I know that there were several updates until the 4.25 or so. Is it possible to get the old releases of this game legally? I would like to know how the old versions of this game were.
Next game is Terraformers:
Is someone able to tell me what are the limitations in the demo version of this game, because the documentation says nothing about them?
Next game: Enemy Attack
I know that this game is developed by Dreamtech Interactive.
A year ago or so there was a version 2.0 of this game out. Somedays later there was no download available. No it can be downloaded but I believe that it is the old V1.0 of this game. What happened to version 2 of this game?
Next topic: Pipe 1.0
It may be an old question but what happened to the sound contest news message of the bsc website and the announcement that the created sound mods would be available for download. After the announced end of the contest nothing more happened. What happened?
Is someone able to tell me what happened to TDLgames and their products?
The next game I'd like information about is X- Wing Patrol.
In the game list of audiogames.net is the following download link which isn't working anymore:
http://duffstuff.picm.org.uk/x-wing_patrol.zip
Is there a way to get this game anywhere?
Then I have a question about Tournament:
I asked about the music of this game earlier in this forum and I was told to look in the documentation files of that game. I did this and found no sources of the songs included in this game. Does anyone know where these files are from and if there is a way to get them in cd quality. I like playing this game but the very compressed music files sound not good allthough they could much better if they were not so compressed.
There is a last question:
Why is the dragonslayergames website completely down and what about the game Dangerous waters? I believe the last news update was in Aprill 2007.
I would be pleased if I could get help with this problems and questions soon.
Bye,
Lord_Raven

2007-10-10 11:27:38

Hi.

TDL Games is down. The guy wasn't able to make good and stable games, so he de sighted to make programs instead.

I think I have a old version of Treasure Hunt somewhere. I'll send it to you if I find it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-10-10 12:53:01

Dragon slayer games have been having some server issues. Dangerous waters is most deffinately stil in developement, though sinse the developer moved into doing Audio mario, I'm not sure when the game will be finished.

if I remember rightly, on the Terraformers website, it says that the demo will let you play through the tutorial level before stopping, which I believe is 7 rooms long or so, ----- but it's a fair while sinse I tried Terraformers so I suggest checking the site yourself to make sure.

If I remember rightly, the music in Tournament is taken from several mainstream fighting games, including streetfighter 2, final fight and Mortal combat, but you are right that they use midi versions rather than the originals. There are various ways of playing game music, depending upon how far you want to take things, but if you just want the music that's used in Tournament, I suggest looking up Final fight, mortal combat 2 and street fighter 2 on the huge anime and game soundtracks site galbadia hotel http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php

look for "original soundtracks" or "original game rips" rather than any of the albums or other material released around each game (such as japanese drama Cd's, or anime soundtracks made from the games). I know Galbadia have Mortal Combat 2, and I'm fairly certain about the others.

I'm afraid I don't know anything more than yourself about enemey attack, Pipe, X wing patrol or the other games you mention, but hth,

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-10 14:32:45

Thanks dark,
You are however wrong with Terraformers. You can play the tutorial and go into the the mission. The problem is, you have no hints where to go. To determine which limitations the demo really has a full walkthrough or full recording would be necessary.
The author's website does not state demo limitations. neither does game documentation.
Bye,
Lord_Raven

2007-10-11 03:36:50

Oh that's odd? Though as I said, it's a very long while sinse I tried terraformers, which either means they've changed it, or the information has fallen out of my brain!

I probably ought to try the game again myself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-11 03:43:34

I Can't figure that one out.  But, I have a question, isn't there a game by Alchimy (I don't kno how to spell that) games  called Max shrappnel, because you said, Dark, that they were completely dead.  But on Bryan Bors sight it says that they are still diveluping it.

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-11 23:45:35

Iabout alchemy Dan, well sinse their site is now down, I assumed that they are no longer around, ----- as with Tdl games and a couple of others. I'd be very pleased to be proved wrong though if anyone has some more info about Alchemy.

2007-10-12 00:10:13

Dark,
I visited
http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks.php
and found more results for each game you named in your post. I downloaded many tracks and listened to many of them from different collections of music that should be taken from those games, but I found nothing that sounded like music from Tournament. Could you please more specific what I should look for and where?
Thanks,
Lord_Raven

2007-10-12 03:24:06

Hey,
I can answer your dsg questions:
About the site, it is back up!
DW is still around, audio mario, a bit of work, and a slight lack in resources has put it on a short delay, but it is close to being complete.

2007-10-12 03:28:22

Hey, I just tried going to DSG and it didn't work, maby it's me, but I'll try again.

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-14 09:03:01

Greetings Lord Raven, I've gone hunting for you!

With Streetfighter, there's good news! I absolutely and deffinately remember tracks from Sf2 in Tournament (and I know the Sf2 music incredibly! well so i'd be surprised if I was mistaken).

You can find the soundtrack to the game (or at least one version of it), on http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1450

Listen to Ken's stage, and I think you'll recognize it from tournament.

for final fight, go to http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/1363 I believe it was the track called Mad gear gang used in the tournament game.

For Mortal Kombat 2, the track I recognized wasn't actually in the files list on Galbadia (which was odd sinse that seemed to be the music from the arcade game. As Bpc is stil around, i'll download tournament myself at some point and listen to all the music, then I'll be in a better position to let you know.

Btw, Have you tried just going into the tournament folder and finding the music tracks manually? If all you want is the tournament music, this might help, ----- assuming their not incripted or something, though if I remember rightly that they were midis, you should be fine playing them in plane old Windows media player.

2007-10-14 17:11:30

Well, the server was back, I got an email from my host and checked it, maybe some reconfiguration was still going on...