2013-12-21 22:23:36

Hi Rachel, I just wanted to thank you for the awesome update! This is a really great christmas present!
For the sound positioning: If the sound is coming from the north or south you can use either a lower pitch for the south and higher pitch for the
north. Not sure how you would program it though, sorry.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2013-12-24 18:26:50

Hay I found a glitch.
When releasing pokemon it does it even if you say no.
Doesn't need to be fixed right now, but soon, you know, once we can save again.

2013-12-24 20:48:37

Good find, I will check it out but I'm busy today. Family and all. Lol. I fixed the audio engine so that you can change the volume of the game, and I will be fixing the water sound issues as well.

This beta helps me brush out the change in compilers so I appreciate all the finds.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2013-12-25 03:18:03

Hey there
You just made my Christmas as well as all of 2014.
Being an avid fan of Pokémon and having not logged into here in over 3 or more years this should say something! wink
I'm about to try this right now, but needless to say anything you need (and I do mean anything) be it financial help for buying new software, more testing (I plan on testing extensively no matter what), etc I'm totally up for it.
You have no idea how much you made my next year. I can safely thank twitter for such a wonderful find that I otherwise would never have known about.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Big big hugs and Merry Christmas!
PS: I may or may not have danced to the Pokémon theme song when I read about this. Don't hate!

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2013-12-26 21:23:50

So I updated the audio system which means that now objects have 3D sound (which means that the sounds won't be all wonky when you approach water) as well as having the ability to change the volume of the non-SAPI sounds in-game.

Which objects do you think that I should add 3D sounds to? As you get closer, the sound gets louder.

I'm thinking about adding the following:
-Trainers
-Important NPCs
-Important buildings
-Item Balls (little items you can pick off the ground that in the regular games are visible)
-Cut Trees (trees that can be cut with the move Cut)
-Strength Boulders (Boulders that can be pushed with the move strength)
-Rock Smash Rocks (Rocks that can be broken with the move Rock Smash).

I might use the system to do some little tidbits as well, such as making it so that the battle music mutes while certain sounds or fanfare are playing.

2013-12-26 23:07:39

Oh yeah, that's enough I believe. Great Job!
Late but marry Christmas for YOU!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2013-12-27 00:12:42

hi I look forward to playing this new update

2013-12-27 03:31:15

I found something elase. I don't know if this was fixed before beta but in 0.0.0.9, self-destructs and giliteen have their power and accuracy reverced.

2013-12-28 04:48:20

Nope, it looks like it's correct. Claims that selfdestruct is 400 base damage and Guillotine is 0 base damage (it's a one hit KO if it hits and it avoids all damage calculation). Yes, that is correct because selfdestruct normally halves defence which is the same thing as doubling base power; this is only done because values can only hit 255 for moves in the games due to memory constraints. Don't have that in Gamemaker so I made things easier on myself.

Also, I'm working on adding actual trainers that you can run into. Viridian Forest, whee lol

2014-01-01 06:29:19

I found a bug where if you try to get the parsel from oak back from a pokemon that was holding it, the game will crash. this is a serious bug.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2014-01-01 07:40:00

Hi, yes it appears this happens whenever any item is given, don't worry, I have already patched it for the beta (although the link won't be updated for it). Happy new years too.

2014-01-01 10:30:02

Everyone's taking the Charmander?  Odd, I usually pick the turtle with the cannons on its back because that looked painful.  Go Blastoise go. 

Yeah, I was actually wondering what people were talking about with the water sounds.  I found the edee of town where the waer would be but hear nothing.  Then the water sound played and I jumped a bit and fell off my bed, I'm serious that happened.  Was funny though. 

Also Squirtle, gime that thing I gave you.  Don't try to bite me, wait what ar eyou- *crash*  Kind of wanted to see if it would crash and crash it did, not sure why I bothered to reinact it but...erm, best not to question my motives. 

On regards to sounds for items, we could probably begin to pull out that thing we call a sound library again.  Normal foosteps for non-essential npc's, and...well, go crazy on the important ones with whatever sounds like a good idea for a sound.

Also awaiting on the trainer battling thing in the forest, and the zigzagging feeling I felt going through that area.

Also, happy New Years!

2014-01-01 14:17:06

Can't wait to be able to go through the team rocket hide outs, and victory road. Some of my favorite places from red and blue will be much more fun from an accessible point of view.

2014-01-01 16:16:27 (edited by daigonite 2014-01-01 19:08:14)

Yeah I fixed those things too. Yay. Lol

A few other things, right now I have added the following:
-you can change move order in the overworld menu
-you can read essential stats from the Pokemon selection menu (like HP, level, status effect ect) so you don't have to press enter to check certain essential stats (can't believe this one flew over my head for so long)
-bug fixes (I made it so that you can only press certain buttons every other game cycle because it was causing a lot of issues. You won't be able to spam moving around but it doesn't slow you down almost at all and it prevents a plethora of bugs)
-3D sounds to help you locate objects or people
-trainer battles
-the following locations: viridian forest, pewter city, route 3, and all buildings within. Yup you can battle Brock now.
-you can change the volume of the music (a bit buggy at times but otherwise its good)
- other miscellaneous stuff I'm probably forgetting

Just curious, are the sprites I'm adding help anyone visualize the Pokemon? I know if you're completely blind it doesn't do anything but a few of my visually impaired friends said they liked the idea; that's why I threw the basic sprites in.

2014-01-01 20:54:22

hi rachel

sounds good what you've added. can't wait till i can try it, wich i hope will be soon ... very soon.

keep up the good work

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2014-01-02 05:06:05

I know you aren't planning to use the anime voices, but the only ones I were thinking of at the time were the pokedex entries.
Also, when you said trainer battles were implemented yesterday, did you mean the non-rival battles? I played the Christmas release and it had the garry oak battle in pallet town.

-id software, 1995

2014-01-02 14:16:43

Hey all! First, a late happy new year everyone! Secondly, can't wait to go back home to play pokemon! Yay\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\! big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2014-01-02 20:38:53

ammericandad2005 wrote:

Also, when you said trainer battles were implemented yesterday, did you mean the non-rival battles? I played the Christmas release and it had the garry oak battle in pallet town.

Yes, the rival battles are coded differently. The regular battles are coded in a similar way while rival battles are associated with unique code, produced by an event object.

Thanks for the work guys! I'm working on revising the audio system to make it more accessible, special thanks to TheOnePkmnMaster; you know what's weird, he actually knew me before this project from another forum, how crazy (and I didn't even know it! lol). Thanks a bunch man!

2014-01-03 01:43:00

Helo folks, it is a while since I could use the internet, so sorry if this question sounds odd. Are these fixes included in the last given link?
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2014-01-03 01:50:45

There should be sounds for when you step on an item you can pick up. I kept getting lost in oak's lab because of lack of sounds.

-id software, 1995

2014-01-03 03:04:15

ammericandad2005 wrote:

There should be sounds for when you step on an item you can pick up. I kept getting lost in oak's lab because of lack of sounds.

Yup, I'm working on that. I won't be updating the version you have for fixes though.

2014-01-03 06:30:18

hi, how to enter pockemon centre?
I press enter and the trainer offering me to battle.
and I am using the 0.0.8 version of the game.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2014-01-03 07:17:08

There is an oversight regarding the script that tells you who he is. The Pokemon center is actually to the upper right of him. You walk up into it.

I recommend trying the new version. It has a lot of feature fixed (although the link doesn't include improved audio design)

2014-01-03 07:32:42

don't know if this bug is still in the latest fix but the christmas release had a bug where i had bulbazor didn't spell that right but oh well anyways i got the move leech seed but istead of healing me when i used it it said it caused 1 damage to me and then instantly made my pokemon faint even though he had been at full health.  I was in the first root when it happened.

2014-01-03 13:02:15

where is the new version? I only see the 0.0.8 in your blog.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!