2007-10-11 01:50:58

Well, there are a number of developements to report today, and all for some reason involve some variation on a theme of waving sharp objects at various enemies, while avoiding the equally sharp objects they're threatening you with!

First and formost, is the big, bad and Beta 9 version of sound Rts, the simply amazing free and continually developed audio stratogy war game produced by Mr. Jean-luc pontico. the long awaited new test version of the game contains a hole armada of features, such as Archers who are a good deal less wussy, the ability to save a game, choose to play in English, French German or italian, fight against multiple computer opponents and more! Best of all though, you can now write your own custome made maps to battle on. for the long long looooong! list of new features, Check out the sound rts developement logue and to download the game and read a guide to map making, Step this way to the Sound Rts website

But the violence doesn't stop there. Mr. Pontico has also provided us with an English translation of the project that lead into sound Rts, the Sound mud project. This is a single or multiplayer map based monster hunt in a simple Rpg style. At the moment it's in a slightly unfinished state (not surprising given the huuuuuuge time and trouble Mr. Pontico has put into Sound Rts), but might be interesting for people who've been wondering precisely what Soundmud is all about. You can Grab the game from the Soundmud page just be sure to read about and install the appropriate Python requirements on the soundmud page first in order to get the game up and running correctly.

Finaly, Lile (him of the Solaris invasion and various text adventure games), offers us a new and aggressive twist on an old familiar card game.

His Gladiator game is a varient of prediction whist (also known as Oh hell), but instead of predicting how many tricks you take, you must predict your performance in battles in the Arena. then, the normal sutes of cards have been replaced with a selection of daggers, spears, swords and maces of various strengths. To follow in the footsteps of sparticus into the arena, just Head through yonder scary door The Gladiator game is stil in developement, so feel free to have your say about it on our forum.

Now please excuse me, I have another axe to grind, ---- and with all this threatening bloodshed in the air, it'll have to be good and sharp!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-11 02:07:56

Wow!  That's awesome, I'll head through yonder door and get it.  And for sound mud, I will get that as well, and for RTS-b9, I have it, awesome!

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-12 22:32:43

Wow wow guys, AudioGames just keep coming and coming don't they!

2007-10-13 02:48:09

not really actually,

Connor

2007-10-13 06:19:47

LOL! cj! candid candid. Your are too much! Like it. A bit of humor goes a long way. Very cool.

Yo

2007-10-13 15:28:22

Actually I agree with Andy, over the past few days, trying to keep up with developements in the news has been a bit like Hercules and the 7 headed hydra! every time one thing get's written about, two others grow up to fill it's place!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-13 17:33:20

Not that cj was right Dark. He was just being candid I thought, and how he said it was very funny to me. Spontainious.  MB messages sometimes end of reading being vague. I like the humorous twists.

Yo