2007-10-09 23:31:32 (edited by Dan2007 2007-10-09 23:33:48)

Hey guys guess what?  I got sound RTS beta 9. Wanta play?  Send a reply if you want a multiplayer game, and maby, just maby I'll think about it!

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-10 00:12:54

Wow! I don't believe I missed Beta 9 being finally released!

I'll go and grab it asap, though as it's close to midnight over here I probably won't have chance to fiddle with it before tomorrow.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-10 00:41:51

Oh, ok then, well your time is way ahead of me and I have no idea wear the ivery towers is.  So maby tamorrow then.

2007-10-10 04:14:47 (edited by cx2 2007-10-10 04:15:11)

Um, the ivory towers is a joking reference to university.

Perhaps you could be a little more careful posting topics please? You've ended up making perhaps 3 or so topics on this, maybe you pressed the submit button too many times?

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-10-10 04:28:55

Oops Sorry, I'm still getting used to this thing because it is still my first day on here.

2007-10-10 12:27:54

Actually Dan, I'm in England, though my occasional nights of insomnea mean that posting times can vary. Generally on a forum, you post a topic on a particular subject, or asking a particular question, to which people can reply, and you can then reply to them. having multiple topics posted on the same subject can be a bit of a pain because people have to read all the various topics in order to reply, ----- (which obviously takes more time), pluss, some people will reply to one topic, some to another, which makes your life more difficult as well.

Here we're quite relaxed, but I have been on forums where posting too many topics on the same subject can get members punished ----- sometimes even banned! Luckily, our moderaters are a nice bunch, and not the evil overlords of doom that exist on said other forums., which is obviously a good thing.

My Ivory tower is actually multifunctional Cx2. Yes, it's a reference to university (and philosophers in particular), it's also of course from the never Ending story (both the book, and films, though imho only the first one really counts). then of course it ties into the white tower of Gondor, my piano playing habbits, ----- and recently I even discovered that "the tower of the elephant" is one of the better (or rather least bad), original conan the Barbarian stories. So many references there.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-10 18:43:28

lol I'll have to remember that.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.