2007-09-09 02:11:55

The game is wonderful, though I'm having trouble with playing the .mids. As this version only has two worlds, I'm assuming the larger version may be the better version....correct?

Jess, a curious gamer/hopeful developer.

2007-09-09 15:02:41

2 worlds = 8 levels. In the patch I'm working on, there currently are not more than 8 levels, but the levels have a lot more challengebecause you can try to aquire more items by means of blocks that you smash if you are super or firey mario. I don't know if it's "better", it's the same gameplay with more features and less bugs.
With the midifiles, if you can't here them, I'll try to explain how to get them playing:
Go to control panel. Go to sounds and audio devices or whatever. There should be a bunch of ajustable volume control sliders. You just have to turn up the one that's your midi synthasizer, for me, it's sw synth and I've never changed it, so that might mean it's the default one on an xp computer.

2007-09-09 20:26:20

Hi,
I have setup an ACE Games mirror. Here it is:
http://www.acegamesonline.net/downloads/games/mario.zip
I will put up a link on our downloads/games section to it soon.

Happy gaming!
Tristan
P.S. SK8 gave me permition to host it as a mirror download, while the servers down. Please use this instead of the sendspace, for it doesn't have any download limits, or anything simular to that.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-09-09 22:24:28

Great! that also stops me having to muck about with my laptop too much, and means other people can get a copy of the game.

I believe the Sw synth is the default midi device, though I actually found it when i was wanting to adjust the volume for the spoonbill games, by twiddling the various sliders and finding one that turned the midi down, but not hal or Sapi.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-09-16 16:48:48

I originally was going for original smb, but I've just decided to keep it close, with no worries about diviating to any other mario games. Heck, I may make the game a full 8 worlds with more worlds from different games; that isn't a bad idea.
the menu track is actually from a wario game, it just worked for the menu; I couldn't find music from another mario game that would make a good menu and that was in midi format.
That underworld track is actualy the smb3 version, I'm putting the original one in if I find good-length one., and if you find a good midi-towav and wav/mp3-to-midi converter, let me know!

2007-09-16 18:18:56

Ah, that explains why I didn't recognize the menue music, sinse I've never come across any of the Wario games.

In the snes versions of the mario games, all the title screens had music, for Mario 1-3 and the lost levels this took the form of weerd remixes of the Under water theme.

Also, in the snes versions of the mario games, the sewer music did have drums and a piano, just as in Audio mario, both in Mario 1 and Mario 3 (after checking my Spc files, i actually think it's the same track reused).

Personally I prefer the drums version anyway, but then again I'm more familiar with the snes Mario games than the Nes ones.

On the snes music site http://www.snesmusic.org/v2/ they've got a program to convert Spc snes format stuff directly to Mp3, ---- and possibly to Wav i think though I'm not sure. They've also got soundtracks to all the snes Mario games, which might be helpful.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-09-17 01:33:38

Yeh, being a drummer, I like the drums too.
And yep, now it's just means of a midi convert; I found one, but it was so limited.

2007-09-30 14:25:48

Hey question.  I amn finding a bug on world 2 level the level after the first castle.  When I try to kill one of the flying things even if i am super mario, i get killed and i can't get past it.  Any else having the same problem?

2007-10-06 01:47:51

I squashed that bug a while back, I really need to get the patch out.

2007-10-09 02:12:25

Hey kid I have an idea I have the original sound music from the NES can I send it to you or is it not possible to use that type.  Can you convert into a wav format.  It is currently in a .nsf format.