2011-09-03 04:59:57

Hello.
I once had a tts voice called lh michael that sounded pretty cool. I believe this voice is free but rare to find. I was wondering if anybody knew about this voice and could give me a link to download a setup for it? Thanks

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2011-09-03 07:15:44

I'd like that too. I'd also like the old Braille N' Speak or BrailleNote voice, LOL.

2011-09-04 21:44:06 (edited by Chris 2011-09-05 00:29:10)

Hello. Does anyone know about these tts voices? Where can I download them?
Edit I have found these voices. There are 2 links which I will put here. the first is http://www.ahadownload.com/files/lh-mic … -sapi5.msi
the second is http://www.zero2000.com/files/lh-michae … -sapi5.msi
My problem is these voices install but they will not play. What to do?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2011-11-06 20:50:57

hint

When you get microsoft office 2003, you will get those voices.

I like music. I play music all the time and every single day. Here is how:
qws, soundfonts, and vst plugins. and I use DECtalk all the time!

2011-11-27 23:38:45

I can't install them either. Any way to do this?

I live to crochet!

2013-11-25 21:50:36

Hmm. I was able to install them properly, but when I went into Control Pannel and tried to select LH Michael or LH Michelle in the Speech option in Windows XP, I got an error message saying that the voice won't play. I tried loading it in various screen readers that I had, but there was no voice output coming from my speakers.

2013-12-31 06:08:51

a cheeper option is to get Microsoft reader and the tts add-on. that will install both voices.
also, some some versions kerswiel have them and a 3rd sapi 5 lh voice, kengi (for the Japanese games by nianchan and others).

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2014-11-18 19:18:06 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2014-11-18 19:27:42)

Hi again, I've tried looking for Microsoft Reader, but without any luck. It's becoming more of an issue, like finding a needle in a haystack, especially since I am about to start my speech production and I'm hoping to add more free voices such as these.
I saw here that the set up is for something called 2nd Speech Centre, whatever that is. It may be for this reason that the voices are not working.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2014-11-19 00:31:38

Why would you want them.
Firstly I am not sure about how these were encoded but they are a bunch of crap, they are full of crappy signal and stuff they are probably 8khz or 11 kHz voices
But if you really want them getting office or the ms reader maybe.
I personally never cared for the lh voices myself but I have from a friend got an image of the scansoft jaws 8 cd and so  I don't really use much else bar the caren Australian voice.
I used to care when there were sapi4 voices but now it appears that any ms sapi 5.1 or spaciffic sapi 5 voice could break sapi, and I really don't care to do that.
Because among other fixes, the last time I got this breakage it required me to either fiddle with the registry a load by clearing and transplanting or just reformatting again.
Since my system is not well to badly mangled yet I don't care to break it un less I need to.