2007-10-01 23:20:37

Hello, when you fight the Muthership on AO, does it scream when you beat it or when you hit it?

2007-10-02 03:46:27

Hello Jozoboy, and welcome to the forum.

I believe you already asked this question on audeasy, and I've already sent you an answer, but that's okay, I don't mind repeating myself, repeating myself, repeating myself! ;D.

the ship does both, but screams a lot more when you kill it. My stratogy is just to go in with all guns blazing and it's gone down every time.

Hth, and feel free to come back here and post some more.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-03 05:36:15

If I remember rightly it's easy medium and hard, but it's a while sinse I've played Alien outback myself. the difficulties don't mean quite as much in ao though, sinse they refer simply to the speed at which new ships appear, rather than controlling a hole load of game variables as in something like Troopanum. . Andy, why are you asking about the last few levels? Just try them yourself with the "Start at level" option in the main menue. You won't get to finish the game or fight the mother ship, but you can certainly get a look at what's coming if you wish.

Personally, I always prefffer to leve those sorts of things as a mystery myself, as encountering the new hazards is another thing I enjoy in games. When i first finished Alien outback, the furthest I'd got in the game previously was the 7th world I think. I was most deffinately surprised when i ended up doing in the mother ship!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-04 20:06:39

Hi,
Who made AO? What company?

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-10-05 02:38:14

I think the 50 levels means waves betwene levels, which would indicate 10 levels with 5 worlds each. this sounds right to me. Try starting at 6 and going from there Andy, if you want to play the later levels, though as I said, I personally wouldn't fancy this option myself. Audio gamer, alien outback is available from Draconis entertainment, http://www.draconisentertainment.com/ I'm not sure who made it originally, probably Esp Adora or someone like that (there seems to have been lots of company switching shinanigans going on there).

Imho Ao is the most tactical of the audio space invaders games, and it also has some really nice audio. Kelly Sepergia has done a review on Main menue as well, just check the archive for details.

2007-10-05 03:08:03

Yes, I liked the review and I really doubted there were 50 levels--i mean like 50 times 5, 50 levels times 5 waves i believe is 500 but i dont feel like doing the math right now.

Ok; I shall try it, but if anyone could do a review/recording of the entire game through... like, do a level and then... if u know what i mean.

Also anyone, how do I save an AO game?

2007-10-05 03:58:43

Hmmmm, your maths is a litle off there Andy. what is 5 times five? now add a zero (ie convert it into hundreds and tens instead of units).

good grief! I feel like a teacher.

well it doesn't have that many levels anyway.

as to game recordings, well If I can work out how to get my mike and Pc both to come through my R09, I can do more game recordings and castings of the pod. I've tried on several occasions ever sinse I got to my flat, but while having quadraponic speakers is a very good thing, it's pretty bad for recording on sterrio mikes. then of course, I'm pretty horrible at playing anything on sterrio mikes anyway.

I can't off hand remember about saving games in Ao, sinse everytime I've been through that game it's been a streight through, start to finish job, but check the manual.