although I can't seem to get more than 48 right now. LOL

Simple games

like that can get addicting.  IMO trying to beat rediculously high scores

people post = good replay value.

Brian

2005-06-07 06:54:34

well

tank commander, i managed to cross the bridge like 4 times now. i thought

you could play for 10 minutes only, but that doesn't seem to be true.

2005-06-07 11:32:05

Currently playing Hattrick and FootieManager. I'm on the websites

everyday. There is no other football (soccer) management audio games around.

In fact, there are no decent audio sports games apart from showdown and Jim

Kitchen's baseball game. Both games are pretty simple and quite frankly

tells you a lot about the others available. VERY, VERY POOR!

At least

with these 2 football management games they are long term playable games and

can throw up new challenges each week as you compete against other

players.

Mark

2005-06-07 15:14:00

hy
currently I'm playing galaxy rainjer all the time[ I've bot it the

day before yesterday]
it's a grate game!, I'm up to the super dificolty

level rite now
see ya all on the galaxy rainjer partner list!

2007-09-03 12:33:43

Audio game wise, I'd have to say Rail racer. It's really nice to have a game I can stick on for five minutes, whiz around a track, beat the computer and get some cash to advance me in level. The only problem is, I stil can't handle those damnable force fields.

when I've finished my Hp readthrough, I'll probably play something more major like making a serious whack at Sarah, or pulling Shades of doom out again.

then again though, with a new version of sound rts in the works, I might become diverted.

As it doesn't require too much mucking about to install on another machine, I did have a go at monkey business and technoshock over the summer on my laptop while I was at the music festival. The only problem is, I only have one pair of excruciatingly good quality Sahheiser headphones which I forgot to bring with me, and playing full audio 3D games on bad quality headphones is not fun!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-09-04 01:36:27

I alternate my time between Super Mario, Techno shock, and Sound RTS.  I like Techno Shock more than Shades Of Doom because it's more puzzle based rather than melee combat.  I also play a demo of Rail Racer or Top Speed 2 if I want to play a racing game, though those jumps are tricky for me to time.

Argen, if you've registered Tank Commander, I think you can play as long as you want.  i 'm really considering getting that game as well.

2007-09-04 09:53:41

I bought my horribly good Sanheisa hheadphones a few years ago (mostly to listen to music), and I've never regretted it, even though they cost a rather rediculous amount of money. the only problem is, that I become used to them, and rely upon them rather a lot, ------ even in games like Judgement day.

I can certainly recommend tank commander, though imho six missions is just not enough. As for Shades Vs technoshock, well as it was the first audio game I bought, i'm slightly biased in favor of shades, and tend to pull it out and replay it more than some other games.

I also have a set of wireless headphones, which are fairly good, accept my sanheisa ones have such a long wire (and I have a wireless keyboard for my Pc), in my old bedroom in colidge I could quite happily play games from across the room, ------ this became a real bennifit when i broke my leg.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-09-05 09:56:07

Frankly I tried Trek 2000 and it could be... awkward. I far prefer Final Conflict from USA Games, being both free and nicer... though there are a couple bugs that need work on and the game balance could use some tweaking. It isn't very balanced having the Klingons and Romulans as both the tougher and more powerful opponents, and at the same time able to cloak.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-09-05 10:47:13 (edited by dark empathy 2007-09-05 10:47:59)

Indeed Cx2, Trek 2000 is one of the few audio games I vaguely regret buying, sinse final conflict does the same thing with a much easier interface. Also, next gen is much more my favourite series.

for the space invaders games, I own Jd, Troop 2 and Alien outback. As a pure space invaders game, I'd say alien outback has most going for it in variety of enemy movement and attacks, as well as nice sfx and power ups. Jd however I enjoy for the unlockables (I'm stil working on that game). while troop 2 is fun as a quick blasting game, if I'd have played the other two first I might not have bought the lisence. then again though, i usually am more generous in my decisions to buy audio games or not, partly because I like to support the various companies.

I bought pirate memory game purely because I enjoyed the game's atmosphere and sfx, and Esp pinball xtreme for almost the same reason, though discovering all the corners of all the tables is also something I like.

2007-09-06 00:07:59

Super deekout.

Whenever I feel like I'm not being constructive but don't feel like actually being constructive I play that game.  Probably the closest to a true arcade game I can think of - no end in sight, difficulty just right for each level (crazy is pretty crazy), and it's just so well thought out and simple.  While I'll apparently never get a score as high as those on the boards it's just fun to beat myself and learn about all the crazy ways to avoid the robot and his companions as they skitter around the board.

Technoshock is my favorite fps and while I played the hell out of that for a few months I haven't felt too inclined to play it again.  I'd still say FPS will probably be my favorite genre of audiogames.

James

2007-09-06 03:55:02

I'm not sure if it qualifies as an audio game, but I find muds to be quite enjoyable.  There's hundreds out there and you can compete fairly with other sighted people.

2007-09-06 08:55:50

Hi.

Most of the time I'm playing a game called OGame. It's a very cool realtime strategy game where you build up your own planet in the space and fight against other players with spaceships. I really recommend this game. You can find a english version on:
www.ogame.org
I'm playing a danish version of the game, so I can't play against you, but I might be able to help you with the game.
Techno Shock is also one of my favorits. I really love the gameplay, and I simply love these difficoult fights if you take the game on the hardest difficoult level.
Otherwise, I'm playing on my psp and ps2.

Best regards S

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-09-06 11:12:04

I remember reading the stuff on Ogam, but it just seemed to be yet another resource management, repeat actions game, of which I've seen hundreds. i admit I'm probably a litle biased against this genre, sinse so many of them bill themselves as rpgs, only to completely disappoint. Is there anything particularly special about Ogam?

I probably ought to try super deakout, though I'm slightly scheptical of an infinite levels game which only features one sound environment that actually costs money to play.

for that sort of thing, I'm a big fan of Light tech's games, which have just got better and better! I'm really looking forward to Treasuremania episode 2.

Treasurehunt is another game I ought very much to buy, as it certainly has a lot of exploration plot and atmosphere.

for Trek stratogy games Andy, I'd personally advise you to try final conflict over Trek 2000, sinse imho it's both a better game and has a much easier interface, ----- it's also free!

As I've said, Tank commander is well worth getting your hands on. I also enjoy Lone wolf, though it's a very complex game, and I don't usually do particularly well at it.

Oh, and if you haven't got it already, Sarah is amaaaaaaaaazing!!!!

2007-09-06 11:23:34

I don't know if there is some special about OGame. I haven't tried any games like this before. The game is totally accessible.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2007-09-06 11:39:43

Okay, fair enough. i'm always up for trying a new game anyway, so I'll have a look at Ogam.

Have you seen the online games page on Whitestick.co.uk? It's a good place to find a hole variety of accessible games, ----- a lot of which are the resource management style I mentioned. But there are some others as well, ----- Kingdom of Loathing, Sryth and gothador being my personal favourites. You can find the page at:

http://www.whitestick.co.uk/ongames.html

Perhaps Ogam ought to go on that page as well if it's fully accessible.

2007-09-06 13:53:59

Hi.

It takes a while to learn the layout in the game, but when you have learned it, it's fully accessible. You have the option to make your own clans, and there is a very good messageing tool in the game. Another good thing I like in this game is the combat system. When a combat is over, the combat results will be send to you in your messageing box like a inbox.
Give it a try, and let me know what you think. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards SLJ.

2007-09-06 17:30:59

my brother plays ogame, but i have not tried it yet. he says it's complex, which sounds good. i've asked him to explain he has tried but it's still a little confusing.
as to what games i play now though, for audio games i play rail racer, which is just really cool. for other things, i use mame a lot, i got time crisis for it but i was disappointed as it jumped a lot. i played a good game yesterday called shadow force, but then i got stuck. it's a side scroller but then for some reason i could not go right and wherever i went and whatever i did i could not get anywhere, and i was really getting in to it as well! i now, really, really want to beat it and really need help.
i also play on the playstation, i'm considering buying that colosium game, if there's no walking around. note: if possible could someone submit a gameplay sample, or even a demo, to brandoncole.net? also, another good game that i play is urban reign. that's really brillient! i've nearly completed it. i'm on mission 93.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
lin fong has captured the person who tells you about your missions. and now he's telling you waht to do and taunting you and such. it's quite cool actually.
regards,
aaron

2007-09-06 22:41:46

Oh yeah. Urban Reign, the most accessible game I know. More accessible than Mortal Kombat because the missions are read out lout. I love this game. I will say it's 100% accessible. More games like that with a storyline, or other accessible console games with storylines would be awesome.

Best regards SLJ.

2007-09-07 12:41:43

Yo! I just love to play some rail racer, It rocks.... The mini everest is one of my favorites. Well, tank commander, judgemnt day and super deekout is also some very good stuff. I've played lots of monkey business this last summer, I completed it on the hard difficulty... I just love the surf n turf thingy thingy. I also play shades of doom, and its a good, but a boring game. Technoshock is also a good one I think, but I cant find any keys in level 3.. Lol... I also enjoy Light cars, treasure mania and some puzzle games.

John, the super audio gamer