2013-02-11 06:30:09

Sorry for double posting, but I get an error when trying to start the game.

---------------------------

An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.  You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C.  Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send the email to [email protected].
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Noesis.Javascript, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ae36d046c7f89f85' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

File name: 'Noesis.Javascript, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ae36d046c7f89f85' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

at Game.JS.Initialize(Dictionary`2 scriptStorage)

at Game.World.Initialize() in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\World.cs:line 77

at Game.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 82

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

OK   

How can I fix this error?

Thanks!

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2013-02-11 06:40:46

staindaddict, I did change where the dlls are located but it has been working fine for me.

Try a couple things for me if you don't mind.

First open the Lib folder directly inside the Tactical Battle 1.12 folder.
Does it contain a file called Noesis.Javascript.dll?

If so then try downloading vcredist_x86.exe from Microsoft and installing it.
You can download it here:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ … st_x86.exe

If it does not, then check to see if a file called Environment.dat exists in your Tactical Battle 1.12 folder and let me know.

Oh, one other thing.  I'm assuming you're unzipping the latest game and trying to run it, but not copying it over the old folder.
If you are copying over an old folder try running the game fresh from it's own unzipped folder.

Sorry for the hassle.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2013-02-11 08:41:33

Wow, I'm scared. I can't even remember how the old game worked, like 1.08, but I'll have even more difficulties with this one. Is there an updated readme?
Nice work though, I shall give you a thumbs up for this!

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2013-02-11 13:26:28

yes, there is a user guide. You can press f1 in the game to ope it up.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2013-02-11 21:18:39

staindaddict, I've uploaded version 1.12.1 which may fix your issue.
You can get it from the http://BlindAudioGames.com website.
Let me know if it helps or not.

thetruegamer, thanks for the thumbs up.  The User Guide has been heavily updated.
Most of the updates for the game are new features for map creators and it can take a while before you see them used extensively.
So the updated map campaigns by KeyWasFull and Allan Thompson are the bigger benefit for players.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.

2013-02-11 21:40:55

I'm still getting this error upon trying to run the game with the new download of 1.12.1:

An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.  You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C.  Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send the email to [email protected].
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Noesis.Javascript, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ae36d046c7f89f85' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

File name: 'Noesis.Javascript, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ae36d046c7f89f85' ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800736B1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

at Game.JS.Initialize(Dictionary`2 scriptStorage)

at Game.World.Initialize() in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\World.cs:line 77

at Game.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 82

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

OK   

Going to try the other things you mentioned now.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2013-02-11 21:45:32

It's working now.. After I downloaded the file you told me to, the runtime libraries or whatever they were.. Thanks.

2013-02-11 22:00:50

Great, glad to hear it's working and good to know what fixed it.

~ Ian Reed

2013-02-16 14:00:48

Hi. Thank you for your project. I really like it.

I have some suggestions and a bug report. I'm not sure if you already fixed this in 1.2.1, as I am still using 1.2.0. If a unit dies during the AI's turn in the course of moving, the AI still tries to move and the game reports a bug in the AI. An example is found when using molitov cocktails in one shot wonders.

My suggestion involves line of site and through-the air spells/effects. I think there should be distinguished between walking distance and line-of site/ splash effect distance. Line of sight should work in a straight linee and not the same way as walking. The direct distance can be calculated by square root of ((x*x) +(y*y)), where x and y are the distances on the x and y acces that the two objects are apart. I know this would complecate distance calculation, but this would add realism and make the game more enjoyable. Currently splash effects don't splash in a circle, but spreads in a cross shape instead. I understand if you don't want to mess around with floating point damage and distances, but there are ways around it.

2013-02-17 06:03:54 (edited by grryfindore 2013-02-17 07:01:22)

This is turning out to be pretty awesome,despite me not beeing able to finish more then a few newbie campaignes. smile
The best one I like so far is the Starship battles. Haven't even finished the training simulator lol
I did think of makeing a campaigne with some old historicle battles,but I need to learn the map and the terrain. It won't be historicley correct,even if I get the time to try and make something.
Off to try the gal fleet,and my hand at the starship battles again. any tips or tricks wouldn't be unwelcome. hint hint. tongue
edit:
The Gal fleet doesn't work with the latest version. Just in case someone wants to give it a go.
The error I get is

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at Game.Map.UpdateVisibility(Boolean suppressSound) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Map.cs:line 145

at Game.Battle.Enter(World ent) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\States\Battle.cs:line 26

at Game.StateMachine`1.EndChangeState() in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\StateMachine.cs:line 54

at Game.StateMachine`1.Process() in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\StateMachine.cs:line 38

at Game.Form1.RunGameLoop(Boolean keyPressed) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 133

at Game.Form1.Form1_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e) in C:\Data\Recent\TacticalRPG\TacticalRPG\Form1.cs:line 150

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)

OK   
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2013-02-17 12:14:49

I'm really enjoying the starship battles as well. The training missions, I was able to beat the first, the second is, well, unbeatable unless you use the map maker and cheat (yes, I really mean it, look at the briefing), and I wasn't able to beat the 3rd.
The actual missions are a blast though, I was able to beat 2 of them and will be trying to do the 3rd now.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2013-02-17 12:34:07

ahoy all
If the second training mission is the one with the 2 ships to fight against,it was quite easy. because of course, one of the ships exploded on their own.... big_smile. must be that the crew mutinied and the captain inishiated  self-destruct. tongue
Off to try the other missions although I haven't finished the first training mission yet. it'd be fun if the other missions were locked,a bit of fun,and a bit of frustration.
grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2013-02-22 01:22:21

@grryfindore, you might want to e-mail the author of the map pack and tell him it throws an error. I know he's got a few packs on the go.

Also, regarding that second training mission. Apparently it was intended to be unbeatable. I've managed to squeeze past it. Has anyone else?

2013-02-22 05:36:22

ahoy there truecraig
the only missions I have not completed would be the introduction to the simulator ,training mission 2,and the one where we get ambushed by those awesome guys who have those heavy fusion weapons.
I almost got the qube or the borg 2 times,but didn't manage it quite right.
Out of all the other maps,I like this one the most,and I wouldn't mind something else,featureing a few coasts. big_smile
old navel battles should be quite interesting to play....
Grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2013-08-04 13:46:17

hi. relatin to the latest version of this game,  i have downloaded some of the other map packs, could i please have step by step instructions telling me how to actually get them into the game? i'm not good with computers. thanks

2013-08-04 16:27:34

place the folders that contain the maps into the place where you extracted tb\data for tb\map packs folder.

2013-08-05 18:23:25

Hello everyone.
I have been playing tactical battle for a long time and I was wondering how you beat the zombie house map. I have played that map over and over again and have never managed to beat it. Everytime I kill a whole bunch of zombies they just come back in larger numbers. Could someone please help me with this?
Guitarman

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2013-08-05 20:38:49

i have placed the maps in the mappacks folder, but for some reason the game still doesn't recognize them. do i have to cop and paste? Or extract, and how do i extract if this is the case. thanks

2013-08-05 21:17:46

Hi Ivandrago.
I've had this problem before. For some reason the map creators put one folder in another. what you do is download a map pack let's just say it's the one shot wonders pack. You open one shot wonders folder and inside that is another folder called one shot wonders take that folder and paste it into the map packs folder and it should run properly. Sorry if this is confusing.
Guitarman

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2013-08-05 22:35:52

guitarman, the zombie house map will end after 30 rounds. Or it is supposed to anyway, I haven't had enogh patience to take it that far.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2013-08-05 23:42:16

Hi keyIsFull.
Thanks for that I haven't played in a while I remember something like surviving 30 turns. Usually though almost all my soldiers would be dead by round 20 or so.
Guitarman

Guitarman.

2013-08-06 03:29:50

there are items in the various rooms of the house that you can use, like there's an archery bow and a gun for ranged attacks. There's also a couple close-range weapons for the unarmed survivors to grab, reserves for the knives for charlie, ammo for the police officers' guns, and a couple other things.

2013-08-06 19:35:14

thanks guitarman. seems to have done it

2013-08-13 10:12:57

hi, will tactical battle still be develloped? there hasn't been an update for a long time.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2013-08-13 19:13:56 (edited by Ian Reed 2013-08-25 20:31:12)

connor142, I plan on doing more development on Tactical Battle at some point.

Currently I am very focused on the RPG engine I am building.  It has been my focus for the last several months which is why Tactical Battle has not seen any updates.
If you've only been playing the latest stable release you should try the last dev release located here:
http://BlindAudioGames.com/downloads/Ta … %20Dev.zip

The dev release includes an in game map pack downloader that has access to a lot more map packs than what was distributed in 1.12 stable.
Some of these map packs are very stable while others are still in development, but it will give you a new set of things to try.

If you want to talk to the map creators about updates to their map packs or upcoming projects they are working on you can join the [email protected] mailing list.
Instructions for doing that are on the http://BlindAudioGames.com home page or in the Tactical Battle user guide.

Thanks for your support.
Ian Reed

~ Ian Reed