2013-03-21 17:50:36 (edited by TIconBLU srl 2013-03-21 17:54:44)

Hi everyone!
The update is finally available on PC, MAC and iOS devices!

I'll recap the major changes:
- Considerably lightened the game, in order to prevent crashes and slowdowns;
- Divine help can now be activated via tap with 5 finger;
- Fixed combination system to prevent problems encountered by some users;
- The timing has been increased in order to prevent a wrong call od the divine help by rpessing SHIFT + TAB;
- reduced audio overlap in minigames;
- Made clearer some complex passages of the game (opening hatch, passing cockroaches);
- Fixed a bug with a minigame that could prevent the completion of the game;
- Simplified combination of objects with "use with": after selecting "object1" and "use" will repeat only "use with objectX";

All your opinions are welcome, please write to me at [email protected]

FOR THE CORPSE PROBLEM
After your reports, today I made several tests, if you still have problems with the corpse at the end of the game here is how to solve them:
When Eymerich ends to examine the corpse (the last elements is the ear), if you can't quit the minigame with space or enter, click one or two times with the mouse, than you should be able to reach the village square!

2013-03-21 22:17:59 (edited by stewie 2013-03-21 22:19:55)

The update does help a lot, however the use with system is still cumbersome to use. It would be helpful if ther was a way to go back as well as forward through objects, like flick down for forward, up for back or something. Also it doesn't need to say use with when moving through all the objects each time which causes it to take longer than nessessary to find the target object.

Something that could be helpful is for some way to access that game mode mentioned in the description where bluetooth keyboard could be used to enter text commands.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2013-03-22 11:36:46 (edited by TIconBLU srl 2013-03-22 11:40:40)

Attention: the current version has a serious bug with the two fingers tap, in iOs audiogame mode.
We have already fixed the problem and the new update will be available as soon as Apple will approve it.
We apologize to all our customers and thank you for your patience and your reports.

It's a terrible mistake on our part, and I want to apologize directly to you for my part of the fault.

I am personally testing each update of the game, with a well-structured and defined procedure, but for some reason the version currently on the store is not the same that i have tested. I fully take responsibility for this oversight.

We have temporarily removed from the Apple Store The Inquisitor, because it doesn't seem right to us to sell the product until such a problem will not be solved. Our priority is to have a game that can be fully satisfied for you.

I offer my deepest apologies again, and I assure you that the next tests will be much more in-depth so that a problem like this can never happen again.

Best regards,
Marco Agricola

EDIT: @stewe
Currently you can flick left or right to scroll the objects in both directions!

2013-03-22 13:34:39

I ask again, maybe my message wasn't seen because is the last one on the previous page.
If someone can not find the inn, is it possible to go forward? Or do I something wrong and I don't find the inn?

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other games and programs, visit android.pontes.ro or scripts.pontes.ro!

2013-03-22 13:52:40

Well,  the game seems to react the same on PC still. Shift plus tab still brings divine help, you should change the keystroke for this action, this will be easiest to play. Also the problem with part of the body, why mouse click? can you do something with it?

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2013-03-22 14:27:18

Manu wrote:

I ask again, maybe my message wasn't seen because is the last one on the previous page.
If someone can not find the inn, is it possible to go forward? Or do I something wrong and I don't find the inn?

I think this is related with the old corpse bug! try to examine it again by clicking with the mouse to the end, then head to the village square. You should be able to reach the inn!

seal wrote:

Well,  the game seems to react the same on PC still. Shift plus tab still brings divine help, you should change the keystroke for this action, this will be easiest to play. Also the problem with part of the body, why mouse click? can you do something with it?

We have changed the timing needed to call divine help, so now should be more difficult to call it for mistake. If it 's still a big problem we can arrange to change the keys
With the corpse we had a complex problem: we can't just rewrite the logic of the minigame, because in that case an old save will not work with the new logic, and test all the possibile side effect is a long work. In the next update the mouse click will be completly removed, we have first to carreffully test every small changes on every device/game mode/logic situation.

I apologize for the delay in answer here, you can write to me directly at [email protected], I answer at least 2 times a day!

Best regards,
Marco Agricola

2013-03-23 01:31:36

hi,
i have a problem after i finished the first chapter the game does nothing? what must i do?

2013-03-23 03:21:18

Hi, I am hearing so much about this game. I so wish I had it. I unfortunately don't have the money for it. when I get my money each month, it all goes for bills and food. by the time I get everything done, I have nothing left. Lol.

2013-03-25 15:28:34

Hi, I'd like to buy the game, but it doesn't seem to be available on the U.S. app store. Any advice?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2013-03-25 15:43:50

harrylst wrote:

Hi, I'd like to buy the game, but it doesn't seem to be available on the U.S. app store. Any advice?

Hi Harrylst,
we have temporarily removed from the Apple Store The Inquisitor, because of the two fingers tap bug.

It will be available as soon as possible (probably next week)!

2013-03-29 17:25:53

Finally the iOs 1.4 update is out!

And you can find The Inquisitor on the AppStore again.

Thanks for your patience!

2013-03-31 17:01:26

Ok... I just bought the game yesterday for my iPhone (I do most of my gaming while on the go these days).  Anyway, I love it love it love it! Even though I'm still on the initial chapter, I'm already enjoying it.  I love playing the game in Latin; it gives me a feel of "this is how it'd sound as it was actually spoken).  However, after the first few scenes I switched to italian because there was too much Latin that I wasn't understanding.  Anyway, awesome and fun.
Special note: The latin phrase for the east wing corridor is really soft in volume; not something that should be dealt with in an update on its own, but maybe quashed with other bugs in a future update?

Feel free to add me.

2013-04-01 13:08:28

Hi, I just got the game myself earlier today for the iPhone and am loving it so much. I am how ever unable to use the command that gives you your current objective. it doesn't work. unless, I am doing something wrong. I am moving my finger from the left to the right like it says, but, nothing happens. I found a way to go in reverse order of the items. flick with short flicks from right to left, and go in the forward order flick with short flicks from left to right. I just found that by accident. Anyway, If someone could help me figure out the objective command, that would be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot, and thanks so very much to the developer for such a wonderful game. I can't wait for more and I have only just scratched the surface on this one!!!!!

2013-04-01 13:23:14

hi,
i have a problem after i finished the first chapter the game does nothing? what must i do?

2013-04-01 15:18:15

For some reason, when my friend in Italy searches the inquisitor he cannot find it.  any help?

Feel free to add me.

2013-04-01 16:04:04

hi,
@harrylst, in the italian appstore it's known as: nicolas eymerich inquisitore - italiano.

2013-04-02 00:14:32

But that only has the italian version. We want the english italian latin version that you can get here in the U.S. Is it the same? And why is that only eur 5.99 when we pay $13.99? It seems different to me.

Feel free to add me.

2013-04-02 00:16:16

At least, the word "italiano" would signify that it only has the italian version.  Does it in fact have all the languages?

Feel free to add me.

2013-04-02 01:24:42

hi,
@harrylst: youre right. in my version there's only the italian and latin. I don't know if in Italy is possible to have also the English version. in the appstore it seems doesn't exist.

2013-07-31 21:54:35

Wow. I've been away from this thread entirely too long. I got either Ivan's or Marco's email saying he'd temporarily removed the game from the App Store due to bugs (several months back this was), but had no idea it was back until I got the urge to check again a couple days ago. I finally beat the first chapter yesterday and now I want the next part of the story! LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2013-07-31 21:58:12

The one problem I had with the game is that it takes an extremely lengthy period of time to move through items in the use dialog and I end up resorting to the divine aid thing. Is there any way to speed item selection up?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2013-08-01 00:26:37

Well, this is the first I've heard of it after all this time, and people seem to really like it, so I grabbed it for both iOS and Mac. However, I was a little bit disturbed to find that the Mac version (and presumably the PC version as well) requires you to activate it, and you only get five activations. Does this mean I should suggest people buy the iOS version? Because £15 is a lot to spend on a game you can only activate five times.

Looking forward to playing.

Just myself, as usual.