2007-08-29 05:23:05

Hi all, hopefully the developer is still reading this but...

Did a beta of BattleMek for us come out yet?

Thanks.

2007-08-29 07:48:03

Hmmm, I presume you mean the Mega mech game orin?

I'm not sure what's happening with that either, but the developer did say he had to return to school, so probably can't get as much work done on it as he thought, and we all know how bugs can crop up at the last moment.

Annoying as it sounds, and much as i also want to play the game, we'll just have to be patient unfortunately.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-08-29 09:56:14

As I recall he was waiting for a "snapshot" of the code, essentially a release of a work in progress version shifted to the main part of their sourceforge page rather than just for the developers. I'll have to check some time when the last such release was but I do remember it said on the site they had planned to do this weekly.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-08-29 11:12:15

Update - last development release was July 16th or so. Seems a "snapshot" is long overdue.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.