2007-08-07 15:46:10

Dear all,
I was thinking of starting a audiogaming company called accessible soft. I was thinking of making this company different from all companies before it. First I will allow anyone to ask me to put up a piece of software, a mod, a game made by game maker, jfw scripts, . Also we will develop software, games, mods, written reviews of others software, podcasts, and more! I will give all credit to the writer. I will have regular topspead races, railracer races, sound rts servers, and audioquake games. I will have a forum, a constantly updating list of all software and games for the blind, a vintrilo server, and a mailing list. We will create quality free and low price software and games. Currently I will be using 1111mb.com but I plan to upgrade in a month or so. Also I will not use any matterials from others without getting there express permision to do so. And I will still write a disclaimer stating who wrote it. I will be friendly with all other developers. If you would like to learn more or help me with this skype me at cooldogg1 or email me at [email protected].
Thank you.

2007-08-07 17:05:10

i hope this will not go down like ace games has done so far. i have speculations. i will not say them here unless i get the person's permission. until then i'm keeping them to myself.

2007-08-07 17:43:52

woo that sounds really cool but that's gotta be insanely difficult to all manage. best of luck with it, though.

2007-08-07 18:12:46

It's an interesting idea, i particularly like the notion of all the hosting type stuff sinse imho the audio games community is probably getting big enough, especially with all the online games, to warrent something like that.

I wish you the best of luck with it, and of course with the game developement, however sinse I know how difficult these things are to set up I won't expect anything to turn up tomorrow.

Btw, tom Lorimer, of the Whitestick.co.uk site offers hosting to blind and visually impared webmasters, perhaps it would be of use to you? Go here to visit the lorimer.net web hosting site

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-08-07 21:31:01

yah as i said i wish you the best of luck but i hope that nothing bad will happen. and the hosting sounds cool. i'm loooking forward to the games. but i say watch out you might be in compotition with atgames/a c e games.

2007-08-08 15:08:52

Why competition, there are generally so few audio games that I'd say the more the merrier, ----- unless your planning yet another space invaders game of course.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-08-08 16:01:45

no, he means the two companies will be rivals, i think.

2007-08-08 19:47:12

Sorry about everything with ace games, but ACE Games is going to show the AG community how serious they are about creating audio games. We aren't going down, Aaron, we are resurfacing with a new name, new everythihng! We lost some we gaind some. accessible soft sounds cool, but where are you going to get the server space, the money for a ventrilo server, etc etc etc. Your definately not hosting it off ace games srv, we're not murging. And we're not changing are name again to accessible soft and then you put me down to co founder. What a cheat. That's just cheating me out of my own company and domain. Why does everyone just want to get rid of ace games?

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-08 19:49:43

Besides the point of what I said. Great idea. And what about a teamtalk server?

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-08 21:02:23 (edited by arjan 2007-08-08 21:04:03)

teamtalk's sound quality is far better then anything else, so if you want a server with neat audio quality, teamtalk go for it. it has a maximum quality of 32 khz.
and i belivee in tristan's seriousness or whatever that word is called. if i find he is not serious i will leave immediately, but i think he is.
and Ryan i doubt you're going to get something like that done by the beginning of 2008. i don't know how many people are going to develop this game, but i think the sims took about a year or two to create, and that's with a lot of people working on the game probably.

2007-08-09 00:39:00

Okay, I might join with ACE Games. I don't need sound designers, but I will probably have in done by September 2008.

From,
Ryan Smith
Head of RS Games
RS Games Website

2007-08-09 03:27:57

Dark!? My game is a space invader type game sad  ...   Real time though and first person smile  Ha!  Anyway I did an experiment today and tried to run the sound clip file from halfway across the great state of Texas. It worked but there was too much lag and you're in England right?  So the idea of hosting an audio game from a web site will not work. And dial up gets much worse. Too much bandwidth is needed for audio even with high speed.  So it is download only for my audio game. A text game made for readers will work though in Java-Script hmmmm.... I need some more time hacking at Java-Script though. I wondered why I never saw any for the game creation co. / groups here doing this.  This topic here... suggested they wanted to host. Do they mean host a consolidated download site? Good luck to them as that is a lot of storage space to pay rent or dp you have a server  Audioman? It sounds like you are willing to work things through to what ever success you can garner. My game will be download from my site and about 5 meg big as a beta. Small game really. In Liberty/Justbasic basic as I am almost done using basic and know basic well. Also solves the form input problem Dark as most it seems are not familiar with wha I had in mind. I'll change up my site accordingly. Someone audio...360 pinted me to Justbasic. It is the old Liberty version and free. The new Libery version wants $40. I'll do free.

Howdy Ryan and Audioman, I'm a programmer hobbyist getting the hang of Java-Script for audio games. Glad to meet you. Why are you guys interested in Audio?

Step aboard those mighty ships, and set sail for distant shores.
But I have now lost track of it, in a time gone long before.
We can all get through this thing, some when, some way, some how.
But I was so much older then, I am yonger than that now.

2007-08-09 14:48:11

Lyle,
I on't exactly understnand that post. it sounds like you've posted to the wrong topic and the beginning of your actual message  for this topic was only there.

2007-08-09 16:55:37

It was multi facetted. A poke at Dark smile on space invader type games as I'm sort of making one. And well wishes to the hosting thing as I see it takes a lot of bandwidth I certainly don't have, along with time and money. And then was curious as to why they were interested in Audio.

Step aboard those mighty ships, and set sail for distant shores.
But I have now lost track of it, in a time gone long before.
We can all get through this thing, some when, some way, some how.
But I was so much older then, I am yonger than that now.

2007-08-09 20:02:55

Hmmm Lile, well responding to your poke though solaris prime is indeed features invaders, i wouldn't say it's a space invaders game ;D.

to explain, there are at the moment about 12 or 15 audio games (and sinse there are probably only about 40 audio games max that's quite a lot), which take the form of classic space invaders from the old 80's days, with invaders descending represented either by a rising volume sound or a dropping pitch, and the player moving from side to side to try and to center the ship sound asap and shoot.

don't get me wrong, I myself own a few of these and they are fun, but imho unless you've got a reeeeeeeeeeally inervative thing to do, I won't get too inthusiastic about another such audio game being developed.

for strictly genre purposes I'd say Solaris prime is probably closer to real time stratogy.

Good luck with finding the servers and such.

2007-08-10 00:51:42

i am agreeing with ryan. Forget about the argument.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-10 00:56:12

ACE games is not murging with x-sight, andy do u remember what happend last time we murged? And you can be in two companies at once its complacated but, yeah. You could be in 23000000 for all I care.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-10 00:58:23

Last post here, I thought there were around 60 something audiogames?

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-10 06:53:53

in the archive, there are 217 games... just so you know. some are muds, and some are made accessible, but i think still around 200 are made to be accessible and thus fall into the category of audiogames.

2007-08-10 10:01:53

When I was speaking of audio games, I meant literally audio games, thus not muds, online text rpgs, fighting fantasy style novels, interactive fiction, or anything else. I'm not sure of the exact count of those, but counting the ones that have been discontinued or whatever, i'd guess there are betwene fourty and sixty.

I admit this is a weerd distinction, but it's one I usually make. Generally my thinking goes if I have to put on headphones and listen to actual sounds rather than just read stuff with hal, it's an audio game.

You might also say, if you could play the game just using a braille display and no sound at all it's not an audio game.

appologies for the strict deffinition here, but imho confusing audio game and accessible game could be quite problematic, ------ what would a deaf gamer think of an audio game presented as an accessible game?

2007-08-10 13:08:10

dark. there's one thing that has not been done, properly, in the space invaders genra. and that is? the original hasn't really been made accessible. there's space invaders for the blind but that's japanies. which is why one day i will take it upon myself and the am to try and make space invaders with all the original sounds and shelters and stuff.

2007-08-23 16:22:02

Hi,
Accessiblesoft has shutdown, Alex (AKA audioman) has joined ACE Games. Andy has quit x-sight joined ace games. OH! MY! GOD! seriously! I am not kidding all this is true. Whats next damien's quittin and joining ace games. Lol, heck no he's gonna do that.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-08-23 16:23:03

Damien would! not1 do! that! But yeah... Ryan? why are you posting that every where?

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.