2013-06-17 01:18:52 (edited by krishna 2013-06-17 01:22:34)

Hello, I've just recently tried a new browser baste game called Pokemon Lake.
As the name implies it's a pokemon game where you can click around a map and battle can collect Pokemon.
For the most part, it's very screen reader friendly although if your someone who does not like to click a lot this game might not be for you.
If you do decide to join I would really appreciate if you can put one of the following names as reference Tornack, Rhyannon or Dragonkiss.
Looking foreword to battle and trading with you!
The website for the game is, http://pokemonlake.com/

2013-06-17 05:12:45 (edited by grryfindore 2013-06-17 06:01:39)

I don't remember if I have tryed this one before or not,however I do have a question.
I don't mind clicking and such stuff,however are the maps useable? is the importent question. I have seen games which are mostly accessible,but its the map which is not,hence it gets a bit boreing after a while.
If the map is even a little accessible though,I am all for it.
Edit.
So I gave this one a go. unless I am missing something,I would suggest that you stay away from this game.
for one,I wasn't able to choose a starter besides the default one.
the maps are alright I suppose from what I have tryed,but the battleing? alas. I click on the attack button,as expected a list of moves appears.when ever I click on any of them though,a youtube page with add opens and nothing happens besides that. I have tryed the mouseover stuff too,but have had no luck so far.
any ideas?

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2013-06-17 14:35:17

Hi.
I tried it and it's not my kind of thing.
I liked pokimon as a kid still do, but this isn't really for me.

I'm gone for real :)

2013-06-17 20:25:00

Yes, the maps are accessible.  When you first log in, you click on maps and then you'll see like map/map1.0 or something like that.  There are different maps and each maps have different types of Pokemon.  The game is like 95% accessible.  The only thing I've found not to be is the offer button for trading.  However, you can accept offers made by others.  Aslo when you click on the map, if you use jaws you can press G until you get to images/upp arrow and you will see all the directional arrows from there.  once you click on one of the arrows, scroll back up from the first arrow and you should here 2 blank lines and then you will see whether you see a pokemon or not.  If you don't see one, just go back down to the arrows and click one again.  If you see the same message after clicking on say left arrow a few times then that means you've reached the end of the map and need to go back the other way.

2013-06-18 05:12:46

at krishna, its not the maps that I have a problem with. its with the battles that I do. see post 2.
since you are playing this game,I asume you are able to battle?
Grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2013-06-18 14:21:26

hi

@grif

i also tried this game and i managed to select a starter, how? i'll explain below. battles? no problem.

my starter ...

at the start of every pokemon adventure you can select a starter pokemon.
what i did? i didn't use mouse overs, i just pressed enter on the name of bulbasaur and i had the possibility to select a different starter. i now have torchick.
about the battles. just move around till you encounter a pokemon. press the button to start the battle and select the radio button at your starter pokemon or whatever pokemon you want to fight with. the battle will start.
move to the map screen en press the attack link. don't think nothing will happen. when you move up with your arrows you'll discover the set of moves.
note! this will only work when you pressed the attack link already. when the pokemon hasn't been fainted after the first move, press the attack link again and select another move.

you can press on one of the links of moves your pokemon can perform and it will execute that move. just Arrow down for the results.

it is as easy as bad.
no mouse overs, just pressing enter and searching.

a very cool game Krishna. but i think i've played this before and at that moment i didn't got so deep in it as i did now to discover how it all works. i'll thank you for this cool game. i'll stick around with it for a while.

only one question ... where can i find the pokemon centre?

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2013-06-18 14:37:14

hi

a little edit what earns it's own post i guess.

i think that the pokemon will heal automaticly after a battle.

is this true? Krishna?

a cool game again.

greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2013-06-19 05:57:11

Hi,
strange then,so it is. I did enter and all such stuff on that bulbasaur graphic,but no go.
as for the battles, I am able to do everything up to the point where you have to choose a move.when ever I press enter on a move,a youtube page opens in the new tab and nothing else.
and yes,pelantas the pokemons are healled after each battle.
Grryfindore.

Follow me on twitter

2013-06-19 18:29:14

hi,
any recommendations for a basic, very basic, pokemon related browser game?
i saw a dozen of different pokemon games under the new releases room and it is hard to decide which one to try.
just looking for some not-so-advanced stuff as i'm not acquainted with pokemon well.
regards

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2013-06-20 00:35:15

It does.
also, I forgot to put in that the game doesn't seem to work with chrome so if your using chrome, your out of luck unless you use another browser.
If anyone has an idea of how to make this easier, please feel free to let me know.
The less clicking and arrowing the better I say.

2013-06-20 04:57:48

Hello there.
Sid, you may want to try http://www.tpmrpg.net/
as far as I remember,this one has no accessibility issues. but it could,haven't played this one in ages.
at krishna, if you are playing a browser game,alas that is what you will have to do. clicking and arrowing around. tongue
So I tryed this game on firefox too,for some reason it got ff stuck,and what I have noticed on IE during the battles is when ever I press enter on a attack,jaws seem to jump to a add and click the dam thing instead. oh well.
Grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2013-06-20 13:13:42

hi,
thanks for the suggestion gryff. i will try it as soon as i get enough time, that's the thing which is becoming shorter and shorter for me. big_smile
so i asume that there aren't much graphics and mouseovers? they makes me crazy, specially if the so-called internet explorer keeps freezing on every fourth site i brows. yikes

regards

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2013-06-20 15:25:27

hi

@sid

tpmrpg is the pokemon game i play the most since i am blind. it is very accessible. but the only dissapointing thing is that if you've fought 50 battles you get a kaptcha, you can listen to it and you get 4 series of numbers you've to fill out, the first serie, space, second serie etc.
at first it were links, then it became graphics and on one of my computers i can press the graphic and it will play the series and on the laptop i am using right now it will not be as succesfull as it should be.
but it is possible. don't let you shie you away from it.

tpmrpg has passed the forum several times, but as dark said ... and i agree, there aren't long descriptions like in kingdom of loathing. but apart from that it is a very cool game were i am a huge fan of.

a sidenote ... i have a feraligater level 4.100.

#lol

greetz mike

2013-06-20 19:46:48

chuckles, the levels you can reach on there is simpley crazy. :d
I had a few high leveled pokemons though on which account I can't remember right now. not the username,I mean.
Right now,I can think of only 2 accounts lol none of which has those awesome pokemons I leveled up.
However,one of them seems promiceing,while the other one I hadn't even chosen the starter for,I did today,a charmander.
btw,you got one of those,pelantas ? if you do,we could probably trade,and I could just say bye bye to that new account . its just around because it has the charmander. tongue
Grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2013-06-21 09:30:42 (edited by pelantas 2013-06-21 14:27:14)

hi

@griff

it is completely amazing how high the levels of your pokemon can be ha-haha.
but about the trading fact griff. i haven't a charmander, but i have three other starters catched in my life on there.

- a shadow torchick lvl5
- a sapphire cyndaquil lvl 5
- a shadow treecko lvl 5

i am not quite sure what advantages you get when the pokemon is shadow or sapphire. but i asume that it is more rare.

you can get these three for 3.000 platinum coins each.
because i am not sure if there is punishment on selling to low.

a little hint for making money though, i am catching pokemon and raising them to arount lvl 300 and selling them for 300.000 platinum coins on the pokemon market.
that brings quite money in my pocket.
i have near 12 million.

but griff when you're interested, tell me your username and i'll sell them to you privately.
and i send you a private message with a special offer. pm here on the forum.
greetz mike