2013-06-10 08:58:52

Hello all!
I'm very excited to announce the start of development on a new RPG project that I am creating!
It is looking very promissing thus far, and I'm hoping to have it done by the end of August or at least that's what I hope!
Since this will be my first release I'll be distributing it for free. There are plans for a multiplayer version of it, but this is way way way far in the future, and perhaps that will be a one time payment. I digress though. Let's get back on topic!

I'm posting this in hopes of gathering a group of voice actors for the game. I won't be requiring their services right a way, but I want to get the process started either way. If you are interested please send me an email at [email protected] or PM me, however, I don't check PM's regularly so email is best way to go. Please include in the email your name, skype, or another way to have vocal conversations with you. Also include the casting roll that you wish to apply for. The roll you want might not be the one you gain, but I will do my best to make sure everybody has a roll that they will enjoy playing. A list of casting rolls will be posted at the end of this message. No telephone numbers please.
If you can make a recording of yourself with these phrases and attach it in the email, then it would help speed up the process.

We will go to the zoo today.
I had fun!
We've never had such a loss before.
Well, that was great?
Pay attention, this is important.
She sells sea shells down by the sea shore.
You were suppose to take care of it! (angry ragey temper rising type thing)
Don't worry about getting the exact phrases, if you have an idea of something else that shows your voice acting abilities go for it. This is just a way to show me the quality of your acting and expression.
Below is the list of casting rolls that I'll want to fill.
It will have the roll name and the matching personality for that roll.
Main characters:
Player: Sarcastic, dry humor, witty, silver tongued persuasive. Cool headed.
Teacher: Daunting, calculating, quick witted, dry humor. quick tempered
Advisor: Realist, observant, understanding, kind, mild temper.
Main character's love interest if main character is male: Angelic, sweet innocent, lovely.
Main character's love interest if main character is female: Loyal, honorable, protective.

Rival1: Sinister, calculating, egotistical, a sense that all is going to plan.
Rival2: Kingly, powerful, domanent, dark, quick witted, slow to speak.
Though these may be the minor characters they will compose a vast majority of the game than the main characters though for shorter periods of time. Open persona simply means that they can be any kind of personality we agree on.
Minor characters:
Mission AI 1 through 10 (if we can get that many heh): Open persona.
Target AI 1 through 20: These are all open, but they won't be whole conversations or cut scenes for them, mostly just be screaming, pleeding, casual conversation, snoring. Will probably need to use some of the same people from mission AI for these perhaps.
Attackers 1 through 10: Just the aggro AI that's trying to kill/restrain/capture. Again things like, stop! holt! Who goes there! How dare you bring trouble to this place! extra points who ever recognizes that. tongue

There may be additions in the future but this is what I've got so far.
If you make the cut, which you most likely will! I will keep you updated on the progress of the game, and will send you your script, and a basic plot of the game.

Just some tips for good quality recording: Make sure you are in a small room where there is no echo. Make sure there are no humming or clicking noises or any other types of ambience in the backround, use the best mike you can! Make sure the recording you send me is the best quality you can provide. I thank you all so so so much in advance, and I hope to start this rolling soon!
SneakerDoodles
P.S. If you know anybody who is into voice acting, or you think may be interested in it please point them to this page and I will be forever greatful!

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2013-06-10 09:06:27

Depending on what emails I do and don't get in the next x hours, I could record something today/tomorrow, or not until this weekend.
Your last request makes me want to go on this tangent about how I friended an amature voice actor on Facebook who was the same age as me and I think there were other reasons... then she went and started getting lots of big roles and I'm still whining about living with my parents. lol #fml

I really don't practice acting enough. T.T I was in the NekoMajin Z fan dub, but one character was overly cartoonish and the other only had one line. lol

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-06-10 09:15:40

LOL, this application period will probably remain open untill the game is close to being released so no issues on waiting. At this point the game is projected to be about 30 hours of play time. Well for the story anyway, it'll have it's own skill system, and leveling system, so you will be able to continue playing and upgrading even when the story plot is over.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2013-06-10 10:34:43

Sneak! This sounds really exciting! Congratulations on your first major project in the works! I will definitely have something for you later on today, but for now, sleep is threatening to capture me. Not a good time to be voice acting. Once again, congrats!

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2013-06-10 13:20:07

Well, you can hear my voice in main menu in scapescate, game from www.dragonapps.org.
I do everything what i can to gain this higher and higher. I believe my skills are enough to do it perfectly. Try it and ofcourse, it's only game voice and no role play etc but you can hear my voice. I'll try to do something special and send it to you.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2013-06-10 13:35:42

Hi.
Wow, congrats on making your first game. Sounds really amazing.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-06-10 15:30:17

Ah, my chance to get into voice acting! Yay! Expect an email soon. Be warned, I sound like I am from the UK/Ireland, but I am not. I am a half caucation, half black, and my family is from Canada and someplace else. Just saying that people say I'm from Ireland/UK, but I am not.

2013-06-10 17:21:45

30 hours? Nice.
(For comparison, I can beat the JFIM Adventure in roughly 4. I've been getting faster lately, though, presumably because I'm refining my tactics, or something. It helps that I'm less confused by it than anyone else.)

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-06-11 01:40:27

I'll see what I can do with some of these roles, but I can't say I'm the greatest actor.  Of course, I say I'm not great at many things, but am told otherwise that I'm not a total loser at it.
big_smile

Best Regards,

Luke

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2013-06-12 03:43:12

Sounds awesome, Sneak!  Unfortunately, I have no voice at the moment.  (Yesterday would've been the perfect day to record some low, guttural, sinister stuff...because I could only speak about a half octave lower than my regular register).  So, I can't send any samples right now, but I'll get around to it when I can.  Anyway, expect an email from me asking all sorts of actor-y questions so that I can give you good samples when I *do* have a voice again.  Best wishes on the project!