2007-07-31 06:13:55

Okay, this is all you people who play video games and get them by torrents question. How do you burn a game onto a dvd once it's downloaded? If you download a game for the ps2, they come in parts, in rar files. Do you just extract all the rar files and write to the dvd? Or is there something else that needs to be done? Thanks.

Discord: clemchowder633

2007-07-31 08:12:53

I'm not sure, as I've never done it myself, I believe if you want the burned game to work on the actual console, you'll need to have a modchip installed.
Not worth it, IMO.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2007-07-31 17:19:04

Hi. To answer this question, you would have to first obtain all .rar files for the game in question, then you will need to extract those .rar files, then burn that extracted file to a DVD.

2007-07-31 19:38:24 (edited by assault_freak 2007-07-31 19:39:38)

Heh. Well, as to a modchip, I have one installed already, otherwise I wouldn't try it. I'm just not certain, because the last time I tried it it didn't come out so well, and I simply wasted one dvd. lol. Thanks for the advice, james, I'll give it a try once this two or so gb of game stuff downloads itself. I just want this game very badly. For all who are interested, the game is called dynasty warriors 5. No subtitles like extreme legends and empires, simply named, dynasty warriors 5. The rules are simple. Pick a character, and start bashing and demolishing anything that moves...

And james, out of curiosity, have you actually tried this? Not an acusation, I just want to make sure the steps are coming from someone who have tried it successfully. Thanks.

2007-07-31 22:07:49

Hi, are you sure they are rar files? If they open with WinRar, they might actually be Iso image files. If they are, you'll need to use a CD writing program to burn the iso image to the CD or DVD.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-08-01 00:54:55

Yes, I am sure they are rar files. For example... dynasty warriors, the game I'm downloading via torrent, contains files like dw5part 01.rar, part 02.rar, etc. So, I am assuming from what james said above that you need to extract all the files to one folder, and then burn that folder to a dvd, or at least all the individually extracted files.

2007-08-01 03:09:29

Yeah, I'd try that then. I've never tried it though.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-08-01 04:35:39

Mike, are you speaking from experience? Or are you just assuming? lol.

2007-08-01 08:38:13

And another thing. This game folder contains a file called sdw5.nfo. If the steps suggested above don't work, then I'll try that file. One question. How do you open that file? As in, which program works best with it? Thanks for any help regarding either case, of how to burn the game or how to open that file..

2007-08-01 12:46:31

i tihnk the .nfo files are manuals of some sort.
i saw them when i found soundvoyager, which i now want to buy, badly. i wonder if it's still in stock.
but i don't know what the .nfo files can be opened with but i am guessing it's a manual. also for splitted rar files, as far as i know, you must put the rar files in the same folder, and run part01.rar. then you extract that. and i think it does the rest. i'm not exactly sure what you do but i'm guessing that's how it works. then you burn the resulting files to a cd i am guessing.

2007-08-01 13:41:42

Hi.

To those who wants to know how to burn these games, please contact me off the forum, since this topic is not for this forum. My mail & MSN address is:
[email protected]

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-08-03 18:46:02

Alright.. one more off-topic question. Is it possible for you to seed torrents by yourself? If so, how is it done? Because this game is stuck at 92.6 percent and is not going anywhere, and it aint connecting to any peers or seeds. Responses are appreciated.

2007-08-04 20:37:31

Hello Assault Freak. No, there actually isn't a way to sead torrents yourself, because since you don't have the rest of the program downloaded, then you can't sead, can you? Seads are people that have the whole torrent already downloaded and are uploading it to the rest.
As for the whole burning DVD's thing, here's a way, and yes, I've tried it. Archives that are in parts only need you to open the first part and extract that. The rest are automatically extracted with it, and then once it's all extracted you can burn the DVD. As for opening the .NFO file, what you need to do is change the extenssion to .txt and then open it in notepad. You might see some strange stuff at the top, just skip down until you find English.
I hope this helps.
Regards, Albano.

I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance, is futile. Your life, as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service---us.

2007-08-13 03:20:53

Okay. I've gott an idea. Just for anyone who wants to try this game, I'm going o post the link below to the file. Let me know if the process is indeed correct. Extract part one and everything is good to go to burn?
http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/330938 … PB.torrent

Thanks, all advice is appreciated.