2013-03-18 17:42:35

Robo-E by MPaja software.

Robo-E is in charge of cleaning up the galaxy from toxic waste. But he needs your help as his positronic brain is confused after a nearby supernova went off.

You must guide Robo-E in pushing all the red waste balls on top of the yellow energy rings to activate their transfer to hyperspace.

Robo-E brings you the classic game of Sokoban with beautiful graphics and and intuitive UI. Includes hundreds of built in levels.
Sokoban originally was a Japanese puzzle that involved moving boxes around a room. Without planning several moves in advance you could easily box yourself in. Robo-E is a spin on this classic puzzle with a Sci-Fi theme.
You play on a grid with walls, Robo-E, your character, balls and energy rings. You can have more than one ball at a time. you push the balls in the empty spaces  and finally into the energy rings.

Robo-E is playable with Voice Over, so for the ultimate challenge activate Voice Over from the device settings and play blindfolded, trusting only your touch and ears.
There is a review screen feature. By running your finger over the
screen the type of cell is announced and what is in it.
For the first three levels a hint is given as to what you can do.

As you go up in levels sometimes the grid gets larger and there are more balls. At level 1 the grid is 5 by 5 with 1 ball. At level 12 the grid is 9 by 10 with 4 balls. At level 13 the grid is 6 by 6 with 5 balls.

The three finger swipe to move only works if the user
has VoiceOver on.

On the very first level you are above the ball in the starting position. The energy ring is below the ball.
If you run your finger from top to bottom, you would hear,
wall, empty, Robo-E, ball, energy ring, empty, wall.
So you just need to swipe down to push the ball into the ring.

Once a ball is in an energy ring, you can't move over it. Often you in fact need to push a ball away from an energy ring
temporarily in order to get access to another ball.  Or sometimes a ball sits on an energy ring already at the beginning of a level, but must be moved away, temporarily, to end up on another energy ring.   Only in the end all the energy rings need to be occupied to complete the level.

Both you and the ball are blocked by the walls, so once a ball is against a wall it can not be moved off it, but can be moved along it. If a ball and energy ring are on the same wall, only that ball can go in that energy ring, even if there is another ball closer to the ring.
If you move a ball to the corner, there is no way to get it out from there, except by undoing the move.
Even though the rules are simple, the locations of the walls, balls and rings make the game almost as complicated as chess.

This type of puzzle is very challenging, and your success like in a chess game, will depend on how many moves ahead you can store in your mind.

version 1.4 added new sounds and support for Game Center.
And Translations to Finnish, French, Italian, Portuguese.

There is now a different sound for moving one square, going over multiple squares, pushing the ball, pushing the ball over ring, trying to push a ball that cannot move, and bumping into walls.
Game Center support is also there for high-score tracking.

There is no free version and the price is $1.99 US.

Robo-E App Store page:
https://itunes.apple.com/app/robo-e/id5 … n&mt=8

MPaja software site:
http://mpaja.com/

2013-03-19 09:54:59

Hi.
I have played this game a few times, and I'm in level 5.
This bgame is damn hard, because the grid is getting bigger and bigger, so it's very difficult to get a picture of the layout on the screen. It would be really nice to play this on an iPad though. In level 4 and 5, it feels like the iPhone screen is too small when playing with Voiceover. What do you think?
Damn it must be hard in the later levels!

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-04-04 14:12:53

There was an update, on April 1, 2013:
What's New in Version 1.5
German & Swedish translations
Someone made a suggestion turning Vertical Navigation on
When the rotor is set to this option, the user experiences control of
VoiceOver which is similar to using arrow keys on a desktop computer.
Flicking up/down moves the user up/down, while flicking left/right continues
to move the user horizontally. This feature will be especially helpful to
those who frequently navigate with VoiceOver via a connected BluTooth
keyboard, as well as in grid-based games or table layouts.

2013-04-07 00:50:25

@SLJ, I agree!
I'm only on level four of the game, and let me tell you that it is rather complicated for me to figure out.
I'm not sure if it's the size of the IPhone, which I'm playing on, or the lack of brain power that I have smile, but I can't seem to get both of those balls into their Energy Rings!

2013-04-07 17:39:47

That vertical navigation would be useful on the larger grids. I sometimes move my finger to the row above or below where I'm trying to explore by accident.

@Kaigoku, if you want a hint for level 4, read on. smile

There's some space in the lower right part of the grid. I suggest getting the ball directly below robo-e out of the way first. The ring that initially seems to be the obvious place for a ball to go is usually not the right ring.

2013-05-01 13:05:13

Hello!

I am stuck on level 12. I can put Three balls in rings, but the fourth ball, it is the highest ball, I hope I explane right. How shall I push it? It seems that I only can push it in one direction but if I do so I push it in to a corner and the ball is stuck.

2013-05-01 16:12:01

Hello again!

Now I have solved level 12, but I have an other question about achievements. When I look in game center, I have 96,485, I Think it is Points, but I don't know. How is it work? When can I get more Points? Is it when I completed some levels? Can anybody explane it to me or give me a link where I can read about it?

2013-05-22 13:05:49

Hello!

Has anybody completed level 34? I would like a hint how to do there.