2007-07-24 01:57:03

hi there,
I don't know if you guys will even want to answer this but I was just wondering, what is your view about the current american conflict?
Also, if you are not from the United States, what are your feelings towards the people of that country?
thanks

Connor

2007-07-24 03:22:09

Not being in the US not sure which conflict you mean. However...

Personally I seperate individuals from governments. I think the Bush administration as they call it is a farce and completely useless, in denial about everything from climate change to Al Kayida.

Bush has been very unpopular outside the US since before he was reelected last, it just seemed to take time for the American public to catch up frankly.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-07-24 14:47:59

the conflict on terorism (sorry can't spell today)
and don't you think that people might be putting to much on our president like blaming him for frivolous stuff?

Connor

2007-07-24 15:06:59

bush should go. he's killed your countries econamy by boms. there are smaller countries out there with a currancy that is far stronger than the US dollar!! nobody in the world likes him, nobody wants him, he should go. he's thought of as nothing more than a war mumgerer.

2007-07-24 22:40:45

ok darren just answer this,
What in the hell do you mean by killed the economy by bombs?
And don't you think that maybe we should stop focusing on how it was so mean of him to put us in the war?
It is already to late to go back so why not think about what we are faced with now.
Do you guys think that we should pull out or not and why.

Connor

2007-07-25 03:12:57

Pulling out would be worse than having gone in. However given his past record I wouldn't trust him to open a tin of beans that was already open as they say.

Even your own intel agency says it thinks Iraq was nothing more than a distraction from hunting Al Kayida in Afghanistan. Bush has made huge mistakes in my opinion, and most likely will continue to do so thus being the reason I personally think he should go. These are not frivolous mistakes in the least.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-07-25 16:03:44 (edited by CJ 2007-07-25 16:04:33)

right then,
I agree with you cx2 but you are saying that we should not pull out?
I asked my dad the same question last night and he said that we should because those guys just will never get along and have been fighting for like hundreds of years.
You agree? I do

Connor

2007-07-25 23:29:20

Going in was the second worst thing you could do for stability for that region. Going in then pulling out would be the absolute worst. Bush made a mess and pulling out would be little more than a refusal to clean up after himself to be blunt.

Saying they've been fighting for hundreds of years is nonsense - look at Europe. There are few parts of the world that have not been fighting for hundreds of years one way or another, if any at all. Also look at the progress made in the last few years in Northern Ireland with the IRA etc, it just takes time persistence and effort. There is no doubting that by going in things were made worse in that area of the world.

cx2
-----

2007-07-26 00:54:51

Really Old Man Bush should have finsihed the job during Desert Storm. We may not be dealing with what we are dealing with now if he had done then what is being done now. All Clinton did was lob a few missles. Recent history since WWII says the US tries to set up stability in a defeated region and tries to bring stability to the region and can't. Why did Japan and Germany work and Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq not? Though Vietnam now seems to be coming along better. I think the latter are much poorer contries and will never be able to support themselves and thus a strong free and democratic free standing government won't hold together for some reason. It takes a strong centered economy and a people that are government centric. Hence no strong government, becasue the people there really don't care. Not that they don't care about themselves. They don't trust governments it seems. So they topple easily and a dictator has an iron fist and keeps the people in fear. It's not right, they just can. Just my opinion.

Step aboard those mighty ships, and set sail for distant shores.
But I have now lost track of it, in a time gone long before.
We can all get through this thing, some when, some way, some how.
But I was so much older then, I am yonger than that now.

2007-07-26 03:10:57

yes I see what you mean, but isn't vietnam stilla communist government?
And I heard that they have like veterin vietcongs, that annoys me somehow.

Connor

2007-07-26 05:43:56

Part of the reason Germany and Japan worked was because there was international cooperation there, lets not forget what a mess East Germany was in until the wall came down.

There are few countries without domestic terrorist groups, the insurgents as they call them are just helped by the fact that Bush's behaviour gave them a rallying cry.

cx2
-----

2007-07-29 18:07:04

cx2 is right,
The comunist side of germany was in deep poverty.

Connor