2007-07-07 13:13:24

Hello, I am having some serious problems loging in to Dentin Mud with a laptop.  I have the Mud Client installed and the only reason I can think that it has started to refuse to log in, is that I accidentally allowed Java on to the machine.  I have both uninstalled the Java files and uninstalled and re-installed GMud.  I enter the Client, Get to the part of the log in where I am choosing the option to enter the game and everything stops.  I cannot enter.  I am just presented with the same screen over and over.  I am able, if I uninstall the GMud Client to enter the game a few times, then it stops working.  Has anyone any idea how I can fix this?

2007-07-07 15:41:41

i have no idea. maybe ywhn you can enter (as you said you could a couple of times) ask the folks on there as well.
hpe you ge it to work. good luck.

2007-07-07 16:20:54

If you ask me, it sounds like something is wrong with the mud.

2007-07-07 16:54:37

There is nothing wrong with the mud as I have loged in on my desktop and been able to do so, it's just the laptop that won't log in.

2007-07-07 18:58:47

Hmm, interesting. I know I installed Java on my desktop and it had no impact on GMud.

If all else fails you can always try www.randylaptop.com/mudding

This site has an alternative client called Monkeyterm which you might find works instead. There is also naturally the JMC from gutterstar.net as well.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-07-07 22:15:33

If you are using jaws, the console version of mudmaster works without modification. The only problem with it is that it's a bit tricky to learn.