2013-02-27 15:28:03 (edited by Lirin 2014-01-27 21:29:36)

LIST OF ACCESSIBLE MAINSTREAM GAMES FOR BLIND PLAYERS

Introduction

Welcome to my list of mainstream games.
As I am blind, I am playing audio games but not only audio games. As many from You know, there are several video games which are available for us to play these perfectly or atleast, good.
What i want to do here is to create list of these video games, which are 100% playable for the blind community.
This list will be constantly updated and will include more and more games.

I'll separate it to platforms. Every game will have the description and my personal commends. Audio reviews or text reviews are also in my mind, and probably i'll do it for most titles.

Sections

PC

Xbox360

PS3

PS2

PSP

Nintendo DS

Nintendo WII

Reviews/Gameplays

Not comfirmed

This list include games not comfirmed 100% accessible for us, so get these for you own.

Upcoming games

Actually we are waiting for few great tittles which will be fully playable, as far as i hear about these games enough:

Summer - Foul play [X360 [XBLA]]
summer - Teenage mutant ninja turtles: out of the shadows [PC/X360/PS3]  - PLAYABILITY NOT CONFIRMED
Q3 - Final exam [PC/X360/PS3] - scrolling Beat em up, looks great and playable from actual videos, we'll see.
Summer - Skullgirls [PC]
Summer - Charlie murder [X360 XBLA] - SCrolling beat em up from the makers of dishwasher.

Help area

This section contains help files for games listed here or other usefull guides like walkthroughs, FAQ menues  etc

]

Closing

I hope everyone will enjoy this list and get something interesting what he can fully play. At the end I want to thanks everyone for contributing. Without you this will be not that needed as it is and I am really happy to doing it for everyone.
Moderators, stick this topic to be always on the first page, and everyone who wants will check for something for him or new users trying to find fully playable mainstream games will be not digging every page on the forums. It will be easier and better for topic Which contains more and more inside.

If you like my work, give me a rep, it's one click and it shows me that someone is enjoying it and it's needed and i am not wasting my time.

Thank You!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2013-02-28 00:19:55

Hi,
Can't wait for this, the nice thing is you've set it up, and it's good to go. Looking forward to the first few antries.

2013-02-28 09:33:02

Hi.
wow, nice. I'll come up with whatever accessible games I know of. Keep up the good work man.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2013-02-28 13:04:01

yeah, it'd be great if we could create a list that we can all add to somewhere similar to what brandoncole.net was supposed to have.

2013-02-28 17:15:02

Updated it slightly with Ninja gaiden III.

Please do something with these bots, and if moderators can, please stick this topic, if t is possible and you think it's worth it.
Thanks for everyone for positive words, i am doing it for You, and we must do it for ourselves to get more and more games playable.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2013-02-28 17:59:03

what you are doing here is good, and i am looking forward to what you have to say on this, but you will never have a mainstream game that is 100% playable by the blind.  or, not now you don't.  it might be in the future, but not now.  just saying.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2013-02-28 18:15:35

Actually you're not right as this pont. Many, any games especially are fully playable for the blind. Ofcourse, every game must be learned more or les, but this is with most games. I finished many video games and many from here also, and this is the reason why i am posting this topic.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2013-02-28 22:49:08

totally agree, seal. you're 100% right.
if beating sighted people in super street fighter IV in on-line mode is not playing the game at 100%, then i'm missing something.
i finished metal gear solid, resident evil 6 (with a lot of patience), streets of rage, every mortal kombat, and a long etc. now, i'm waiting for my coppy of dead space 3.

keep up the great work man, i'll try to discover new playable games.

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2013-02-28 23:02:35

while yes the games that the previous post mentioned are playable, there not 100%.  the menus aren't spoken.  he probebly had to either get someone to read them to you or you looked it up online. 

spoken menus, radars, and things like that make games 100% playable.  while it might be able to be done without those things, still, those things could be nice.
now, even if they don't have these things, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be here, i'm going on this long and rather random rant because people should understand while these games are playable to a certain degree, they are not 100% playable. you will miss somethings, but you can play them.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.

2013-02-28 23:15:34

you have a wrong concept of playable. dragon ball z budokai 3, sparking neo (budokai tenkaichi 2) and sparking meteor (budokai tenkaichi 3) all have spoken menus. and, these games are exactly as playable as other games.
when we talk about playability, we focuss on gameplay elements. if i take your point of view, then people.. don't buy any console, because you can't get spoken feedback of the menus.
we're talking about playable mainstream games, not audiogames designated for the blind.
of course, if you don't want to learn some menus, or figure them out yourself, mainstream games are not for you.

2013-02-28 23:40:53

Exactly Mr.Brunete, thanks for claryfying. Audo games are specifically for the blind, mainstream not, and this is this topic for.
Mr.Brunete, Dead space 3 seems to be not playable sadly. Tracking method is not aiming you as we expecting it is. There are mmany places to go for ammo, special items wich are really NEEDED to proceed, and it's not possible to get these. Shooting to small target like ox etc well, more frustratng than playable atleast decent. If i am wrong, correct me.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2013-02-28 23:48:55

you're right, but there's a trick in dead space 3. the tracker has multiple places to go. when you use the tracker to guide yourself, while you hold the analog stick, if you press left or right in the directional pad, you will change where to go. you can go to the objective, to the nearest charge station, etc. about aiming you're right,. when my coppy arrives, i'll be able to tell exactly how playable or unplayable it is.

2013-03-01 09:49:41

Hi.
As I see it, there is a difference between "playability" and "accessibility."
Playability is when you are able to complete a game, after having learned the controls, the menus and maybe the layout of the game. Because the game is not telling you all that, so you might have to read in walkthroughs or ask other people, if you don't wanna spend hours on figuring out something which takes just a few seconds for sighted people to figure out.
Accessibility is when you can pick up a game, read the manual which comes with it or just play the game without having to figure out how it works. Accessibility means that we as blind people don't have to spend more time than sighted people on figureing out how a game works.

I totally agree that there are so many games which are playable, completable and very few are accessible so you don't have a learning curve to figure out how it works, but we might have to realise the difference. smile
Keep posting guys. I'm following this topic with uge interest, and I'll try to come up with something when I have time to do so.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2013-03-01 13:08:13

Update: added Phantom breaker: Battle Grounds

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2013-03-01 14:29:43

Here's one for the psp. I wrote you up an entry too that you can link to.
Castlevania: The Dracula X chronicals

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2013-03-01 15:09:59

Nice Exodus, i never though it is playable, so i'll try it out for sure.
Thanks for the entry, i am adding it right now.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2013-03-01 18:41:50

Hi,
I am seriously considering buying Asura's Wrath, which is a game for both ps3 and xbox 360. The game has QTE's, but there is a gamefaqs walkthrough telling you how to do them, and I think the game moves on when you've beaten all enemies. Also, if you don't do the QTE's, the game will continue anyway, but you have to get S ranks in I think it's 5 episodes which isn't too bad actually, if you you want to get the true ending, but you also have to download part IV. The story in this game is rather nice, a bit clechede but it's really cool. It's more like an anime then a game as it's liniar from what I can tell. If I can get it cheap, I will.

2013-03-01 19:22:49

Oh yeah, i beaten prologue and i am stuck right now but definitely i'll  back to the game, and ofcourse i'll add it to the game list. Thanks Aaron for the next title.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2013-03-01 20:40:06

Hi.
I would like to get some tips on how to play the Castlevania game for psp. I have had the game for very long time, but I gave up because there is too much platforming, and the strong enemies don't make any sound before you get attacked. I remember myself getting stuck in a level, where I had to walk between some houses, which I never figured out how to do because it's a 2D game, and enemies started to throw grenades or something at me from the windows. Any tips are very welcome, because I don't find the game playable after the level where you defeat the bird boss.

Best regards SLJ.

2013-03-01 21:00:52

Well, Exodus played it, and maybe he will write something else. If it's completely playable it's okay, trusted him because he's able to play t, if not, i'll remove entry because it's not playable.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2013-03-02 13:55:48

Hi,
I am not too sure how playable Asura's Wrath actually is though. I'm just goign from what I can read about on gamefaqs and such. If anyone has actually tried this could you please clarify?

2013-03-02 14:08:04

I'll play it more and we'll see.

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2013-03-02 15:45:51

yeah, SLJ, that's a good summing up of what i was thinking, and i guess trying to put down into words, but failed.  lol. 

also.  Wii sports is playable for the Wii.  Wii music as well.  well, there are some things that Wii music is kind of hard to do, but you can do most of it.  oh, and Wii resort as well is playable.

2013-03-02 18:19:49

it's symphony of the night I know inside out as I prefer  that one to rondo of blood. I will dig out my psp however and see what I can come up with

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2013-03-02 18:24:54

So, this s reason why i don't think so castlevania is completable. t's really complex game and only Exodus can help us with it really if he beat it.

Twitter
Add me on Steam