2013-01-04 02:54:10 (edited by stewie 2013-01-04 17:12:18)

A friend found this today:

http://www.verbots.com/

Basically it's a program that allows you to create a personal AI that can do a number of things such as have a conversation or act as a personal assistant. The good thing about this is that it is completely accessible both the player (which allows conversation with the AI) and the editor which allows the creation of knowledge bases.

If anyone is having issues finding the link to the download section due to the fact CNET download is evil a link is:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5011992/Verbot5.zip

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2013-01-04 20:28:13

How does this program work? it sounds kinda cool

Master Rahl guide us. Master Rahl teach us. Master Rahl protect us. In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are hummbled. We live only to serve. Our lives are yours.

2013-01-04 20:57:04

It works by a person entering messages. The verbot can respond. It cna also act as a virtual assistant kind of thing. I'm not sure how powerful it is but it can be used to do some computer tasks such as open programs.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2013-01-05 16:02:23

omg this is awsome i'll try it out

music is the life.

2013-01-05 22:23:12

oh guys, and what he ment by oltra hal was.  oltrahal.com

The only problem with that program is taht its not that accessible, chatting is, but when you want to see some of the options, they're not very accessible.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2013-01-06 00:58:09

Hal was reasonably accessible back in... I think version 3? When it still believed that Bill Clinton was the president of the USA, and I was using Jaws 3.7. I was able to do pretty much everything I wanted to do with it. That version is not forward compatible, though, and I have no idea where my installation disk is. (It's still on my windows ME laptop, and the windows 98 desktop if it isn't completely dead...).

I haven't been able to invest enough time into Verbots to judge its quality yet. But it sounds reasonably Hal-like.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2013-01-06 01:46:04

It is, except it doesn't seem to be able to learn from you like hal, and the different personalities are basically different plugins.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2017-05-14 18:23:57

Hi.
The link is broken.
I really want to try it.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-05-14 20:16:37

Yeah, this sounds interesting to me as well if it is still accessible.

2017-05-14 20:20:06

It was shuted down but someone must have it.
It is not on the site and the dropbox link is broken.

2017-05-16 17:22:54

Really sorry for double posting here but I really but really want to chat with this when I do not have internet.

2017-05-18 05:02:50

This topic was created back in 2013, and the project was discontinued in 2014. It's been 3 years sense its termination. It's long gone by now.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-05-18 15:58:18

Hi.
I forgot to post here but I found a link to verbots 5.
Is this the last version?
And how to get databases?

2017-05-18 16:08:15

hi
link is empty, give me link from drop bux

2017-05-30 09:40:54

hi, I am interested in the Program and the personalities as well if someone still have them all. And are there other programs of this Kind wich are accessible and work offline as well? I am highly interested in such AI programs so any tipps are appreciated. But they should work offline too, so Internet shouldn't be required.

2017-05-30 18:50:58

Hi.
I will give the link from sendspace because my dropbox generated to much trafic with dialog creater when it was released.
And before the link I have a question:
do you have ultra hall or the clever bot is accessible?
https://www.sendspace.com/file/1nxx1h

2017-05-30 23:46:02

Hi, I haven't tryed ultra hal and the other one you menssioned. Like you, I am interested in other accessible AI programs wich work offline and are similar to verbots, so if anybody knows other things like this, please post them. Cool, thank you for the download link of verbots 5. Are additional personalities wich have been made by others included in the archive as well?

2017-06-04 14:48:18

Hi.
No, I got it from a website but when I will learn the editor I will post here my personalliti.