2012-12-22 16:08:16

Pontes Kick-ups is a simple reaction speed game created in BGT.

You are on a scrolling area of 24 steps and from the ceiling an object is launched randomly. You must hit the object to go back to the ceiling.
The object falls quicker than previous time each time it is launched.
There are three difficulty levels: Easy, Hard and Difficult.
In Easy level you must be almost under the object to hit it.
In Hard level you must be almost under the object, but closer than in Easy level.
In Difficult level you must be positioned right under the object to hit it.
The best scores are saved, the main goal is to make for a certain level more and more points.
There are game mods like: Default (with a ball as object), Bowling (with specific sounds) and Dog and Cat (with a cat as object). )

Use left and right arrows to move from left to right and from right to left.
To hit the object press up arrow or space bar.
Press S to hear the score and P to pause the game.
You can use also the mouse: move it left / right and press left click to hit the object. Pressing right click you can hear current score.
Read the Help File for more details and instructions like for new mods creation and others.

Click the link below to download the game:
Pontes Kick-ups (2,77 MB)

Emanuel Boboiu
Errare humanum est, sed perseverare... diabolicum.
For other games and programs, visit android.pontes.ro or scripts.pontes.ro!

2012-12-24 04:43:15

is online score posting available?

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2012-12-24 18:56:24

No, best scores table is not available.
It is a simple game, I did it before publishing another game, an adventure one, Pontes Escape which will be available soon also in English.

On www.scripts.pontes.ro there are shown the total of played games and the average kick-ups per game.

For Easey level my record is 115 kick-ups.

Emanuel Boboiu

2012-12-25 14:08:44

wow! advanture I like it. sorry out of topic though. But what I suppose to say is keep it up!

2012-12-25 18:41:46

Nice game now I've played it, i particularly like the good quality sounds and mods.

If your still considdering working on it, you might also considder adding the ability to change the speed of the falling ball (I'll call  it a ball for the  sake of arguement), having a choice of whether it should increase or remain the same, sinse that was my one problem with the game, essentially you just play until you lose rather than have an increasing challenge.

You could also considder changing  size of playing field, either as part of the difficulty setting, as an alternative setting in the menue, or, which would be more interesting, as a changing condition throughout the game.

Say the field starts at12 ssteps,  after ten hits goes up    to 18, after 20 to 24, after 30 to 30, and after 50 to 36.

You could also considder adding multiball modes in two, playing with two or more balls could be fun.

In general I really like the idea  for the game, but I think some expantion especially into customizable modes could give for a quite different experience. imagine for instance a starwars themed game where you  had a light saber  bounsing back laser blasts at on coming hoards of storm troopers.Quite possible with the current engine  given only a few customizations.

Oh, and I really look forward to the adventure game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-12-26 01:10:30

Thanks for feedback.
I received today an E-mail about one or two mods for this game.
Of course, it is easy to add in each mod's folder a text file with some customizable settings, like the size of the playing field.

I have only to translate the adventure game into English and it will be available soon.
Pontes Escape is a game created as a practice after a BGT course I had here in Romania with about 10 participants.

Emanuel Boboiu