2012-12-23 22:54:13

hello there,
i wasn't sure if i'd get this done, but this is a very very! basic product indeed.
So, a happy christmas to you all. And it wouldn't be christmas without presents, would it? No. So here is a present to you all!
The CGS media player is an idea i've been toying with for a while now, and i've finally decided to get to work on it. It is currently extremely basic, and isn't half of what i want it to be, so this is a proliminary alpha release.
Alright, here is the link.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/89805893/cgs%2 … player.zip
remember, this is very basic, and i hope to implement more things to this soon.
Have fun, and a very merry christmas from the cgs team!

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2012-12-24 04:52:40

ok, is it a normal media player, or is there some special features?
btw, a merry christmas to you too!

friends:
come and join my
facebook group!

2012-12-24 14:24:18

hi,
there will be special features added, such as tts on events such as play and stop, but for now it is just a basic, very basic, media player.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us

2012-12-24 17:10:22

what kind of files can it play.. and is there a forward/backward sliding like as in winamp?
can it play .3gp files too.
thanks

He picked up the wrench and broke the guy’s wrist with it, one, and then the other wrist, two, and turned back and did the same to the guy who had held the hammer, three, four. The two men were somebody’s weapons, consciously deployed, and no soldier left an enemy’s abandoned ordnance on the field in working order.

2012-12-24 19:45:47 (edited by scotf2012 2012-12-24 19:46:23)

Actually Sid512, 3GP is just a container.  The actual file formats and encoding depend on the file, so there is no universal 3GP player, at least that I can find.  Foobar2000 has an add-on for AMR-encoded files, so if your 3GP files are AMR-encoded, it should work with those.  AMR is a format commonly used in cell phones.  iPhone, for example, saves its voicemails as AMR.

In any case Kyle12, good start with this, though as you say, it definitely is very basic.

2012-12-24 21:02:59

hi,
yeah well it was litterally coded in less than half an hour and i'm trying to find ways of adding different codecks to it.
however, i already have ogg support in, but i will wait until the next release to do other things like seaking.

Underworld Tech.
Visit us