2007-04-11 20:48:46

Hello there

Does anyone know what's happened with gangster attack and it's developer pb-games?
Thanks
Niklas

Thumbs up

2007-04-11 20:54:32

Hi,
There hasent been any news from PB-Games since 2004.
I was also wondering what happened.
Anyone have any idea?

Thumbs up

2007-04-12 04:28:01

Well at the moment I believe Philip Benni-phal is doing sound design, music and other things than game developement. Though it's stil worth noting that you can buy Tarzan Jr.

I do think it's a bit sad though, sinse Dark destroyer is fairly entertaining (mostly because of the voice acting), and Tarzn Jr has some really great moments.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-04-12 07:37:13

yeh it's ood to know he's still alive but come on, if you haven't posted a news update in over a year it's a little... stupid

Thumbs up

2007-04-12 17:00:44

Who was that Dark destroyer-voice anyway? It sounds almost as well as the Troop 2 voice (though that's the best I've ever ran into).

Oh, and I heard something about a multiplayer Showdown game thingy. Any info on that out there?

2007-04-12 17:32:11

it was kelly sapergia.

Thumbs up

2007-04-12 19:58:28

Hi,
How can you play multyplayer on showdown?
Thanks.

Thumbs up

2007-04-12 21:40:01

You can't.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-04-12 22:38:15

arjan wrote:

it was kelly sapergia.

What the #?

2007-04-13 00:49:32

What? I said, you can't play multiplayer in showdown.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2007-04-13 01:15:14

No multi-player in showdown, unfortunately. I think pb-games is still out there, and that's good. Tj (tarson jr.) is pretty good; I won't buy it though. And dark destroyer, you have to tap the arrow keys! You can't hold them down--that should be something pb-games fixes!

Thumbs up

2007-04-13 01:18:52

I really think that it is weird that pb-games or philup is not doing anything
I really thought that gangster attack looked good and I wanted to try it
I checked back for a while, but it was no good

Connor

Thumbs up

2007-04-13 02:22:42

I think on a slightly off topic note, dark god really boring very fast
it was good at first, but cheats made it so boring
but with out the cheats it was imposible because you have to tap the arrow keys

Connor

Thumbs up

2007-04-13 02:48:24

I totally agree with CJ (Connor), and I know that because...
Well I just do.
smile
Also, I think dark destroyer is ok; very, very bad in the way of sounds and game interface. While it is true that Phillup is only in high school when he wrote this game it is also true that to be a real "game", you need a good interface, manual, and technical support.

Also, tj (tarson jr.) is ok, I said that before but it is; the monkey fight (level3) is hard; I have not beaten that level, or, from what I have heard in the demo (which I have) the first part. Also is he still granting orders? And how much is it?

I agree with Arjan; it is stupid to still keep that site up. He should remove it; if he's paying for that site, why not remove it? I mean you are just viewing the same stuff, no updates in weeks or months, no sign that he's still alive; no email, no place...
He's gotta get up again (seriously) if he wants to continue after he does what he's doing now, but he doesn't look like he will. Well that's it; my "speech" is over, you can wake up now...
smile

Thumbs up

2007-04-13 07:17:49 (edited by arjan 2007-04-13 07:18:17)

i disagree about dark destroyer. the sounds are quite good actually and the fact that you have to press the arrow keys is actually more of a challenge then in ao or troop 2. however, i have a slight problem in that tarzan jr and dark destroyer both work rather slowly even though i have windows xp with everything required. this results in the sounds stuttering and doing other annoying things that really does stop me from playing them anymore.
it's just too much of an issue... it's really noticable and that gets really, really irritating.

Thumbs up

2007-04-13 12:53:34

I meant Rebecca Loomis. She's pretty wild or so.

Anyway, I hate the fact that you have to press the arrow keys rapidly to move around. That's why I like Alien Outback and both Troopanum-versions better.

2007-04-13 15:39:06

this really anoys me that he has just given up and gone on to other things
this shows that he doesn't have his priorities in order
he's got to get back on track and fast!

Connor

Thumbs up

2007-04-13 21:37:29

gangster attack is alive.gangster attack is in development. i know this because i have a few... beta testers on skype, and it's alive.

Thumbs up

2007-04-13 22:07:00

well aaron,
I think all of us here would like to know how gangster attack is coming along and when it is expected to come out

Connor

Thumbs up

2007-04-13 23:09:19

I must disagree. I thought that Dark Destroyer was better than Alien Outback or either of the Troopanum games, not the least because it's free. Granted the SFX in AO were better than Troopanum, but James North's phony Australian accent just didnt sit right with me. I have an uncle from down under and so I know what the Australian accent is supposed to sound like. James' idn't sit right with me a all, not the least because it wasn't universal. I mean, if you're gonna fake an Australian accent for a game, do it all the way through? That's one thing I liked about Bavisoft and Grizzly Gulch. Even the menus were spoken in southern accents. That was a major blunder for James with AO. Granted I did enjoy the game enough to buy it, but I still notied those rather glaring flaws
  I had no trouble with DD, the interface, the manual or any of it. In fact I thought the music, sound effects and voice acting were top notch considering the game was written by a then sixteen or seventeen-year-old guy. While it's true that Philip should either remove his site or post periodic updates as to what's happening with PB Games, he's not the only one. It's been what, three years? Four? since we saw a new title from BSC Games? They should have stuck with Castle Quest and the Void, worked on them on their own instead of getting some third-party idiot who was only going to back out when they started arguing about the licensing. The last we've heard from BSC was that they were "working on a title" and now nearly two years later we've heard nothing, not even a hint as to what this supposed game is going to be. Probably another Pipe or Troopanum in my opinion, and not one I'll be inclined to purchase. I'm subscribed to their Game Talk list and so I'd have heard if something had come up. Needless to say, it hasn't. GMA Games is also taking their sweet time, but given the fact that their games actually have some substance to them it's less of a bother. I'm just curious to see what L-Works are gonna do now that Judgment Day's out the door, but with Liam in college that'll probably be a while.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

Thumbs up

2007-04-13 23:12:03

t is taking this long? I better be one hell of a game...

Thumbs up

2007-04-14 03:25:19

What, BSC? I wouldn't count on it. No offense intended to Justin and I understand that he's got to kids and also Blindsoftware.com to think about, but no news in almost two years about this new title they're supposedly working on isn't a good thing. And unless things have dramatically chaned itll be another Hunter, Troopanum or Pipe style game. Well at least we've still got Montyzuma's Revenge, maybe even sometime this year, but I wouldn't bet any money on that yet either. Thomas certainly seems to be making progress on the game but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be ready this year. He's hoping so but...

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

Thumbs up

2007-04-21 12:58:02

Annoying topic. Topic closed, annoying posts deleted.
Keep things in the positive domain, guys. Please, do not flame each other.