2012-09-25 21:00:12

I would prefer audio and text, but audio much more so than text. It would be most helpful to hear the same things you are, and hear how your timing is, since it seems to me that timing of actions between sounds in this game is what is most crucial to playing the game successfully as a blind individual.

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2012-09-25 22:43:52

Alright. i have a text part ready, could someone explain me how to upload a file online so you guys could listen to the audio version?

2012-09-25 23:14:04

First post edited with the first part of the walkthrough. A lot is missing, but I write fast so I'll have more soon

2012-09-26 01:49:09

hey seb, a couple things you missed, also a different way to get in the ducts
ration: as soon as the call ends, head south in the water and west all the way, you'll get the ration, then head east until you run in to the stairs, go south a few steps until you can go east, do so for about a second and head back north, you should be out of the water
there are also stun and chaff grenades in the heliport but I can't remember how to get them atm
now the ducts, just instead of going west, go south a bit then west until the guard is in front of you, head north and as the camera sees you, throw him and crawl through
this is better for me imo because if you actually manage to throw the guard you're pretty much sure you're going the right direction
also on that missile, this is going to take a while because I have a really bad graphics card, hense the whole emulator lags a bit, not sure if its just the sound or the whole game though

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2012-09-26 02:00:00

How are you able to tell audibly which direction E.g. North, south, east or west you are going in this game?

My opinions are my own. I try not to state them as facts and if I'm not sure about something, I do whatever research I can. I feel everyone should consider doing the same.

2012-09-26 02:03:22

Thanks man, totally forgot about that ration out there. Also, great tip for getting in the ducts easier. smile

2012-09-26 02:06:19

"
How are you able to tell audibly which direction E.g. North, south, east or west you are going in this game?
"
You can't really hear it, but what's good about this game is that whenever you go left or right, the character moves to that corresponding direction instead of turning his body. For example, you go north by moving up, west by moving left, east by moving right, and south by moving down.

2012-09-26 02:27:42

just wondering on that camera path of the gas room, are there 3 gun cams? because right now I've got another save that's slot 3, which is mid-flight and just before the second one, and there is a third right after
do I turn once I hear the third one? because if I do, once I hear the missile turn sound I only have about half a second to turn north, and if I make that turn it seems like as soon as I hear the sound it crashes in the wall
thanks for your help man!

2012-09-26 02:38:20

The 2 only gun cams I can remember are at the beginning. Shoot your missile, wait five seconds. Press left, wait a few seconds. press up, there's one right there. wait like 4 seconds, right after the second one before hitting the wall, press left. Wait a second, press up, wait half a second, press right, when you hear the missile turning press up to crash in that box. Hope it helps.

2012-09-26 02:55:33

yeah its the lag, when I fire that missile, after the turn sound I have to turn in 4 seconds or else it crashes
and I wonder where that third gun cam is coming from then?

2012-09-26 03:14:18

i seem to have a problem with the pc version, i can only move north, south and west, and i cant crawl it sounds like he is moving but he isnt

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2012-09-26 10:02:11

Wow. Nice start on a walkthrough. Keep up the good work dude.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2012-09-26 12:49:02

To SLJ: thanks man, its my first walkthrough. I'm just trying the best I can.
To bradp: Are you using a controler?
To DD: Do you always have a sound lag? If so, I might have the solution for you. Which plugins are you using?

2012-09-26 12:52:13

no, using the default controlls on the keyboard

2012-09-26 13:42:09

I would start by quitting jaws, or your current screen reader, I heard it might interfear with some games while using the arrows. But I think the best would be to use a controller if you have one.

2012-09-26 16:16:03

@seb, no I don't use EPSXE because it hardly ever works, and when it does everything is very very choppy/slow so I'm using PSX

2012-09-28 01:06:33

hey seb,
just want to add a few things for B2, and a bonus item
B2, you can also go in the grenade room before the boss and grab the 2 packs, this is better because it seems like a pack reappears after the boss so you can carry 12 grenades
also just a bit west of the famas room there's an open door with some socom ammo in it
after the boss, the stun and chaff grenades reappear too in that wall you blew up, the left one by the elevator
now on the groun floor, you can get the socom suppressor earlier on before the boss, its a level 1 door only
if you want to take out guards in the armory after the boss fight then you can without being caught
also my strategy for ocelot
as soon as the music starts, run right, he'll talk about how hiding won't help you, bla blabla
in this time he won't shoot, so head left all the way, aim up and blam! he'll run right, if you want you can follow him and tag him mid-shot if you're fast enough, if you do it right he won't hit you with that shot
I find it easier to stay against the south wall and straif him

2012-09-28 02:18:32

alright man, thanks a lot. How is that missile going by the way? have you manage to destroy it?

2012-09-28 02:45:10

nope! lol
I don't know where its going at all,every time I turn it north to turn east and manage to make the turn it doesn't hit the box, just the wall

2012-09-28 02:55:22

i think something is wrong with it on pc. I took a look at the controlls and there is a key called snitt that goes east, and shift crawls but it doesnt, have no idea what the snitt key could mean... may be best to emulate it after all!

2012-09-28 03:16:16

if you want I could send you my PSX configuration, but its going to be huge with the images

2012-09-28 03:19:15

how big? i could handle it

2012-09-28 04:52:29

with the isos,  think its like a gig

2012-09-28 06:45:59

thats fine

2012-09-28 08:48:38

DD: How much time do you spend on this game? I'm really amazed how you figure out things like this. Do you just do a lot of trials and fails and figure all that out on your own? I have done that with some mainstream accessible games, but damn it take weeks for me! smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen